Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

A game so nice we're playing it twice - Let's Play Hydrophobia!

It's a wild, wet, wonderful adventure full of political intrigue, amazing water physics, questionable AI, and a case study in how not to respond to criticism. Come one, come all, to the intriguing story that is Hydrophobia and its remake, Hydrophobia Prophecy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

This game has bugs (and glitches): Let's Play Deadly Creatures!

Deadly Creatures is a unique character action game released in 2009 exclusively for the Nintendo Wii.

Instead of controlling a cocky demon slayer or vengeful demigod, players guide a tarantula and a scorpion through the Sonoran Desert, fighting off other arachnids and insects, and fleeing a particularly irksome rattlesnake. At the same time, two humans (played by Billy Bob Thornton and the late Dennis Hopper in one of his final roles) are searching for lost gold. Will our two parties cross paths, and who is the true deadliest creature in the desert?

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Whoops, almost forgot to post my new thread here.

Where there's a whip there's a way: Castlevania Lords of Shadow MEGATHREAD!

Meet Gabriel Belmont, a lad with a whip and a dream. One day, his wife dies. What's a man to do but rescue her from Satan's clutches?

In this megathread, we will be playing through all three games in this Castlevania miniseries - Lords of Shadow, Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate HD, and Lords of Shadow 2.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

You've heard of puzzle/platformers, but here's a game that's...both at once? Put a tough-as-nails platformer on one screen, and Puzzle League on the other - add a sprinkle of British stereotypes, and pinch of the Madden NFL development team, and we have ourselves one of the most underappreciated titles for the Nintendo DS: Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

The Crash Bandicoot games were a big part of my childhood, and now I get the chance to show three classic PlayStation titles in high definition. As someone who's followed the franchise almost since the beginning, I absolutely adore the N. Sane Trilogy - perhaps even more than the originals.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

No, seriously, let's play Rabbids Go Home! I promise you this game is good. A comedy adventure of shopping carts, rabbits and Eastern European folk music awaits!

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

The N. Sane Trilogy thread continues with Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back, first released for the PlayStation on Halloween 1997, a little over a year after the first game. It is a huge improvement in almost every way: better graphics, level design, pacing, a brand-new level structure, and even something resembling a story.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

What happens when you combine Trials, Excitebike, and a PlatinumGames-style arcade action game? Nothing good, but I'll be damned, this game is a fascinating trainwreck.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

The N. Sane Trilogy thread concludes with the third game in the classic trilogy, Crash Bandicoot: Warped.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

One controller, two brothers, three hours long. This is one of my favourite games of all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Let's Play Epic Mickey: an immersive sim for the young'uns, directed by Warren Spector himself. No I'm not joking.