Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009

I've started a new LP for Dominions 4, a bad game. Here's some words about it someone else wrote:

Dominions is a turn-based strategy game that shoehorns pretty much every recognizable belief system in the world into the guise of a fantasy nation and then attempts to settle the question of whether Jesus or Thor would win in a barfight. Imagine a Total War game, but with magic and without the ability to control your units or real nation management or any semblance of balance whatsoever. Enticing, I know. Despite the silly, obtuse bullshit it's actually a surprisingly fun game. There's just something so satisfying about causing a volcanic eruption that wipes out a third of your enemy's capital population in one fell swoop, or having a single mage cast a spell that kills half an enemy army with a rain of large rocks.

The thread already features experienced goons giving an excellent breakdown of core mechanics for newbies and it's not even on page 2. It also has goon on goon violence (in game).

Please jump in and watch as I get obliterated by other goons due to poor choices, bad planning, and shaky understanding of the core game mechanics.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3734584

And remember there's also a contest for the best meme generated from this LP - put together a classic image tangentially related to the game in progress and you could win things like a free copy of the game, courtesy of fool_of_sound, who also won't shut up about it!

Baudin fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Aug 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU