Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Following on from our finished LP of the main game, BigTUnit1 and I have begun a three-part LP of The Last of Us: Left Behind DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
The Four Idiot Hodown - Legend of Grimrock II

Somewhat spun-off of Highwang's run of the game, this is a 100%, sort-of-optimized, informative but inevitably goofy run of Legend of Grimrock II. I will find all of the secrets, treasures, Epic Items, Power Gems, and show off all of the endings, along with the occasional extra tip or secret. I'm playing with Ogre Taint the Minotaur Barbarian, Cricket Dazzler the Insectoid Battlemage, Failure of a Son the Lizardman Alchemist, and Pubert the Ratling Farmer. Their races and classes were chosen for variety, efficiency, and of course hilarity. My co-commentators are Mugiwara Yoshi, BigTUnit1, and Jiggly Jacob, who were also chosen for those same reasons... along with a surprise. Join us as we punch and munch turtles all over the island of Nex.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3759656

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Bomberman Fantasy Race

Continuing the Bomberman Megathread, we've got kart racing with live animals! It's wacky, it's compressed to hell, and it's hard to control, but somehow it's one of the most fun recording experiences I've had in an LP.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Classic Zelda Goes 3D - Let's Play A Link Between Worlds + Tri Force Heroes

I've started a double LP thread of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and Tri Force Heroes for the 3DS.
ALBW is an informative, 100% completionist, and humorous LP. TFH is a 3-player co-op with my partners Yoshi and Travis, and at least one of us is usually more interested in throwing us off of cliffs.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

The Bomberman Megathread continues into one of the few games to never reach the USA, with co-commentary by Heavy Sigh and SorataYuy.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Our friend JigglyJacob leads us through the cult-classic, third-person shooter from the creators of Earthworm Jim: MDK. Nuke that door and munch that turkey.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Wei Shen and King: Heroes of Boletaria - Let's Co-op Demon's Souls!

BigTUnit1 and I are co-oping the Soulsborne games, starting with Demon's Souls and this time as characters from his Sleeping Dogs LP.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771081&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post458315471

JigglyJacob leads my team through the bigger and wackier sequel to the cult classic third-person shooter.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

I've started a short 100% LP of Grow Home, a charming physics-based adventure where I will climb up, fall down, and grow a massive plant right into space. BigTUnit1 joins me as we discuss the myriad of ways our hero, the floaty and dorky robot B.U.D., must be fueled by beer.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

The semi-sequel to Agent Under Fire, a semi-tie-in to Die Another Day, and a semi-adaptation of Moonraker. With Pierce Brosnan's face but not his voice. And his car I guess. By EA.
It works out surprisingly well.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Crops, Cows and Kooks - The Harvest Moon[ish] Medithread

As voted by viewers of my previous Harvest Moon multithread, I'm now hosting video LPs of Rune Factory 4, Story of Seasons, and Harvest Moon: Animal Parade.
Updates are staggered: RF4's first part is now up, SoS's will come on Wednesday, and Animal Parade's on Friday.
BigTUnit1 co-commentates on RF4, while SkippyGranola and YamiNoSenshi join me for the latter two.
Because RF4 got the lion's share of votes, it will also have recurring viewer interaction, including naming monsters and voting on a future bride. The latter two will follow my own choices and whims.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Goofy Enough to Not Need a Funny Title - Let's Play WarioWare: Smooth Moves

JigglyJacob shows me, Mugiwara Yoshi and Highwang through the surreal majesty of WarioWare: Smooth Moves.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Meet the Zelda game that throws everything standard about the franchise down a godforsaken cliff. Then climbs down, loots the body for soup bones, rides a wild horse into a death laser, and tumbles impotently down an incline to its own death. And in the process practically rewrites the book on both Zelda games and open world sandboxes.
Join myself, Skippy Granola and YamiNoSenshi on a wide-open adventure where you can go anywhere and climb everything not made of Sheikah Teflon.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Such is LPs in the Zone - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

A second explosion in the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone has created a sci fi/horror wasteland that people always expected from Chernobyl anyway. JigglyJacob and Highwang join me as we explore this dangerous land, hunt for mutants and artifacts, and kill a whole lot of people.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

My continuing series of Harvest Moon-ish Let's Plays brings me to a pair of indie farming darlings: ConcernedApe's Stardew Valley and Monomi Park's Slime Rancher. They're vastly different in execution but similar in premise: take up a farm/ranch in a new land, and work it until you're obscenely rich. Stardew Valley is directly inspired by the original SNES Harvest Moon and brings its classic top-down farming format into the modern age, while Slime Rancher is instead a relaxed FPS built around Luigi's Mansion-esque animal vacuum capture and fantasy guano.
They're an odd but complementary pair, and I'm here to suck them utterly dry of content. Until more content updates come around.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Back to the PresentAndPast - Let's Play Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Seasons

MeccaPrime comes out of LP hermitism to join me for The Legend of Zelda: Oracle series. We follow the exploits of McFly through time itself in the land of Labrynna, then later we'll jump to the seasonally-wacked Holodrum and learn who's really behind this rise of evil.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Going backwards from the Oracle games to Link's Awakening DX, MeccaPrime joins me once again to watch our hero McFly drunkenly wander around a mysterious island he made in his head.
Essentially a completionist LP (caveats in thread). Also the overall thread has been expanded to include more portable Zeldas, which will follow after LADX.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Microgames, Not Microtransactions! - Let's Play WarioWare Gold

JigglyJacob returns as showrunner to take Mugiwara Yoshi and myself along for an even better ride than last year's WarioWare: Smooth Moves LP. Warning: commentary devolves into hard laughter a lot.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Continuing my series on the portable Zeldas, MeccaPrime joins me for a 100% run of one of the franchise's very best, in spite of one particularly obnoxious hat.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

A Mega Man X-ellent Roguelite - Let's Play 20XX

JigglyJacob joins me for a thorough playthrough of a great Mega Man-styled roguelike.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

T-Minus 279,000 Light Years Until Starvation - Let's Play Pikmin 3

My longtime LP partner Mugiwara Yoshi returns with a game we've wanted to play for years. It's a 100%, informative LP of Pikmin 3!

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Andross Won't Have His Way With Me! - Let's Play Star Fox 64

I'm doing a complete playthrough of Star Fox 64, getting all the medals, showing some alternate routes, and making the characters worse with my friends Mugiwara Yoshi and JigglyJacob.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

30 Days or Your Life Back! - Let's Play Pikmin

To celebrate our channel's 9th anniversary this month, Mugiwara Yoshi and I are taking a short break from Pikmin 3 to go back to its considerably rougher and more softly melancholy grandma. Can Yoshi get all 30 ship parts in under 10 days?

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Gotta Snap a Handful - Let's Play Pokemon Snap

"Wonderful!" I take JigglyJacob on a tour through Pokemon Island as we harass the wildlife and take photos of the results for points and science.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Two Mouthfuls at Once - Let's Play Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards

A quick run through Kirby 64 getting all of the crystal shards and boppin' to that soundtrack.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

My Sidekick Needs a Side-Kick - Let's Play Star Fox Adventures!

Mugiwara Yoshi takes the reigns for our LP of the Rare-developed, Zelda-styled sequel to Star Fox 64! He doesn't regret it yet, but give it time.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Continuing my Portable Zeldas thread with the mostly-better sequel to Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, starring intrepid engineering idiot Toots♪!

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Wolf Goes Fetch and Kill - Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Boy, that Sekiro was a dense ballbuster. Somebody should do a thorough LP of that.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Star Fox Assault - We Need a Borg-Catching Net

After the baffling diversion that was the Zelda-like Star Fox Adventures, it's time to return to what Star Fox does best! For some levels. Join me and my friends for a Silver medal run of this silver medal entry in the franchise.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Doom (1993) [All Secrets] - Some Things Are Eternal

With Doom Eternal out today, it's as good a time as ever to look back on the beloved original and see how well it holds up. JigglyJacob is joined by myself and TorpidTypist to blast some demons in the mouth and find all of those drat secrets.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Doom II: Hell on Earth - No Place to Wreak Havoc Like Home

Can't get enough of classic Doom? Id's got you covered. As does JigglyJacob, taking myself and TorpidTypist for another All Secrets Run.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

drat it Feels Good to be a THUG - Let's Play Tony Hawk's Underground!

Tony Hawk's games apparently needed a story. He also needed to be able to get off his board. Both of these were better ideas than you'd expect. Join me and JigglyJacob for a run through the game on Sick Mode!

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

JigglyJacob's series of Doom LPs continue into the modern classic, Doom (2016)! Myself and TorpidTypist return on co-commentary.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland - Walking in LA

JigglyJacob and myself [skip THUG2 due to recording issues and] move to LA to start a new life as a homeless skater rear end in a top hat. And I inflict my own and my friends' music on everyone.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Doom Eternal - Some Things Are Eternal at Home

JigglyJacob takes me and TorpidTypist on one last rampage through the forces of Hell

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Tony Hawk's Underground 2 - World Loogie Tour 2004

Tony Hawk and Bam Margera take me and JigglyJacob on a tour to do stupid stuff across the world

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

I Am (All Of This Nonsense) - Shadow the Hedgehog

You play Sonic Adventure 2? You thought Shadow was a cool, surprisingly well-written antihero? Then, uh, sorry.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

An Imp and Her Dog || The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD

Almost a decade after I 100% LP'd the original Twilight Princess on the Wii, we're doing a 100% LP of the 10th anniversary HD remaster on the Wii U!

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town - I Farm For My Friends

One of Harvest Moon's most popular entries gets another remake for PC and modern consoles. Join me, Skippy Granola, and YamiNoSenshi for the adventures of Best on the Ew Farm!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

WarioWare: Get It Together! - Be every idiot

Wario's back with a new microgame gimmick, and it's a big one: you now play as his colorful cast of friends in the microgames! How does it compare to the classic style of old? JigglyJacob, MugiStraw, and myself jump in to find out.
Or in 9-Volt's case, crane our necks to the breaking point and slam into every wall.