Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

"Is this just going to be an entire episode of us just rambling bullshit the entire time?"

For our Let's play the whole drat Metal Gear Solid series thread, Grace and I got drunk and yelled about stupid poo poo started a playthrough of Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions! Our play style of "Stealth by throwing people" remains in play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm no rookie! Let's play the whole drat Metal Gear Solid series! [OPEN SPOILERS]

For the third game in what is slowly turning into "let's play every loving metal gear game ever" thread, we come to Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, the Metal Gear game I've played the most! For reference, I 100% collected every dogtag back when I played on the PS2.

And I enjoyed it.

What version is this?

We're playing the Metal Gear Solid 2 HD edition! It includes everything from Substance except the skateboarding. It has a couple quirks, but frankly it's an excellent port.

What are the drinking conditions this time?

As always:

Status goes to alert: 1 drink
Using a ration: 2 drinks
Game Over: 1 shot

This time, however, we're adding drinking words. The words to drink on are:

Nanomachines
Patriots/LaLiLuLeLo
Metal Gear

Hey, are you going to show off [thing]?

Probably! Some of the more well known easter eggs I might leave out just because I forgot, but I'll be trying to show off some of the crazier stuff.

:siren:Thread located here!:siren:

Danaru fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Aug 5, 2015

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Next Life is an adventure game developed by Future Games, the creators of The Black Mirror, which I guess was pretty good?

wikipedia posted:

The main character Adam Reichl possibly dies in a car accident and wakes up on unknown island in the middle of nowhere. He starts to explore and tries to find out where he is only to find that there are other people in the island seemingly from different time periods.

If that sounds interesting to you, you're in for a surprise. I can say with complete honesty that Next Life is the absolute worst game I've ever played. The only comparable game I can think of is Limbo of the Lost. I am so not making that comparison lightly. The main character is impossible to like, the graphics are a bizarre combination of high quality textures on low quality meshes, the plot is so bad that it gets worse the more you understand it, the characters are at best one-dimensional and at worst racist caricatures, and I'm not even going to start on the moon logic bullshit thrown around by the 'puzzles'.

Thread link!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

For the fifth game in our crusade through every single Metal Gear game, we've finally reached everyone's favourite, Snake Eater! The first video can be found here.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

For our sixth game in the Let's play the whole drat Metal Gear Solid series we're playing Sonic Adventure!

Wait, what?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

The ACTUAL entry number Six in the Let's play the whole drat Metal Gear Solid series, we're playing MGS2 Substance's VR Missions! It's also probably the least professional LP we've ever done. I'm pretty sure I play a completely different game in one of the episodes for a bit.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

(Art by the excellent as heck Nami)

Let's Play Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker Co-op!

With the Seventh entry in the Let's play the whole drat Metal Gear Solid series thread, we're switching it up a bit and giving Grace some of the spotlight as well! This is actually the first time either of us has played Peace Walker beyond the first couple missions, but both of us are experts at the series by this point. Our main hurdles to surpass are our love of screwing each other over, and our habit of mixing Metal Gear with alarming amounts of alcohol.

We're currently on Episode 6, but there's plenty of time to catch up! Currently it's just Grace and I playing together, but down the line we plan on pulling in guest players for extra ops and later boss fights!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Grace and I are playing Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven with our tried and true drinking game!

Thread is here

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Game number Eight in the Let's Play Every Metal Gear thread takes us to scenic Cuba! Just a reminder we take an introspective look at MGSV as a whole, so we openly discuss spoilers for both this game and Phantom Pain.

You can find the first episode here!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

While on vacation, Grace and I recorded a Mario Party 2 LP while we could be in the same room together. Come see the result of our mismatched priorities here!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Grace and I engage in a bunch of awesome robot fights and make an attempt to not burn down the entire colony in the process!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Join SCAT as we shoot a completely unreasonable amount of terrorists and try to not get ourselves obliterated by an orbital ion cannon!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

We're playing Saints Row IV co-op!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Mario Party 2 didn't manage to break us, so Grace and I are going to try something a little harder!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Grace and I are playing the PS4 version of Dead Rising 2!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

We Got Really Drunk And Accidentally LPed Sonic Forces

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Grace and I are playing Spycraft! The actually GOOD 90s FMV game!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Grace and I are playing Vice City with the Pedestrians have weapons, Pedestrian Riot, and Mad Cars cheats all turned on!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

We're playing War of the Chosen with drinking conditions!

-Drink if XCOM misses
-Drink if XCOM panics
-Drink if an XCOM soldier goes into bleedout
-Drink once per rank if an XCOM soldier dies (one for rookie, two for squaddie, etc)
-Drink if a civilian dies

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

We got real drunk and answered some questions yelled at Pat Sajak

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

We got loaded and played the new Mario Party game and it's fun as hell

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

We found a giant crate of roms and we're sifting through them to see what kind of bullshit is inside.

PS thanks for making the banner honey I love you too

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

We're playing Uplink using the Uplink OS mod!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

We're playing System Shock 2, and I subtitled the audio logs so you can understand them over the sounds of people shooting me in the back and/or exploding

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://i.imgur.com/EDThOXU.mp4

The Saboteur loving rules

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Four idiots land on an island and immediately start looting the place.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Help I thought this was like a 40 hour game and I made a lot of boasts that I'm not sure I can live up to

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

We fought a drat war to decide whether xenofascism is okay and dammit it was decided it was NOT.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Whipping vending machines at people is both cool and legal

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Two gay idiots destroy a small rural town

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Quackles posted:

EDIT: technical failure

You're off the hook, since I reasonably believe you tried to post a new LP, but be careful from here on out :colbert:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

We are good at video games

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

None Equipment With Left Horse - Let's Play Metal Gear Solid V: On Site Procurement

Hey wow this is a pretty bad idea

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

PurpleXVI posted:

Let's Play Might and Magic VIII: Nuclear Trollpocalypse

Join me in playing the last Might and Magic game that was ever made.

Yes, that's right, the very last. No more exist. No more will be LP'd.

Hey wait but wasn't there a Might And Magic ni

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

They didn't let you play as Monty Mole which frankly is a crime

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Grace and I have once again shown off our poor impulse control

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

This game rules

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Hell yeah hell yeah this game rules

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

I like throwing stuff at other stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Yakuza: We're A Single Mom Now