Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

I just started up an LP of Die By The Sword, a classic hack 'n slash game for the PC. Prepare for many deaths. Mostly mine, probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

I've been in the mood to do some old school dungeon crawling recently, and Anvil of Dawn is a game that's interested me since I watched an LP of it years ago. I've forgotten most of the details at this point so the playthrough will be mostly blind save for a general idea of things. I don't think the game has been done here before, and I'm playing through as one of the ladies because I don't think that's been done on YouTube yet. If you're not interested, you can see that the dude in the screenshot is very unimpressed with your decision.

----->Here be a thread.<-----

rojovision fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Sep 15, 2015

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
Hello there! I usually do threads for older / unplayed games, but I've started up an LP for something new this time. We're going to be doing a luck build playthrough of Dark Souls 3! I'll be mixing in some discussion of lore and mechanics while doing my best not to spoil anything for people who are unfamiliar with the game. The thread is here.

Meet our protagonist: Lucky Vernon.

rojovision fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Apr 28, 2016

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Let's Play Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines
VTMB is a cult classic action role playing game created by Troika and released in 2004. Based on the Vampire the Masquerade table top game, we must find our way through the world as a fledgling vampire in modern society. There's a storm brewing among the clans of LA, and we're smack dab in the middle of it!

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

I'm doing an all minotaur rogues playthrough of Legend of Grimrock, a great modernization of the dungeon crawler genre that was popularized in the 80's / 90's and then more or less abandoned for some reason. We'll slay many monsters, solve many puzzles, and with any luck uncover many secrets before our party of 4 prisoners tastes freedom at the foot of the mountain!

The thread is here.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Ultima Underworld: The Stygian Abyss

Much to my surprise this game hasn't been done here before, from what I could tell on the master list, anyway. It's an open world RPG classic. Since I'm such a wild and crazy guy I'm doing a playthrough where the Avatar's weapon of choice is his mighty fist of virtue.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Sacrifice

Sacrifice is a unique blend of story driven third person action and real time strategy. It takes place in a world where there was once only one god, but some bad poo poo happened and now there are 5 different ones instead. The current pantheon doesn't always see eye to eye, however, and as a wizard that's where we come in. You can generally choose a different god to side with every single mission, which gives the game a high amount of replayability. The game also feature some excellent voice acting with a 10/10 cast for the era...or now even

People will be able to vote to decide which gods we side with over the course of the game. Details in the thread.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Become Simulated Typhon Food in Prey Mooncrash - Also There's Regular Prey

Mooncrash is Prey from 2017, but now it's a roguelite on a moon base with a story and some new items / enemies / stuff from the free survival update to the base game.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Shadowrun SNES (1993) played on original hardware
. It's a unique combination of isometric action RPG and point & click adventure.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

The Elder Scrolls Arena

It's the DOS game from 1994 that started the franchise. Still an open world RPG, but more hack and slash than in-depth storytelling and questing.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Dragon Force for the Sega Saturn

It's a mix of real time strategy and tactics with a splash of RPG. I'll be playing through the game with my physical copy on a real Saturn. On top of that you can vote on which kingdom we choose! Voting ends October 3.

Edit: Voting has ended, but you can still check out the playthrough to see who we picked and how things progress!

rojovision fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Oct 4, 2018

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Shining Force CD

It's 2-3+ games in one of classic tactical RPG goodness for the Sega CD.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Never played Demon's Souls? Me either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

A playthrough of the original 1994 System Shock (CD version) on an old PC running native MS-DOS.

It's video games. Every day...ish.
http://www.youtube.com/rojovision
http://www.twitch.tv/rojovision