Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Occultatio
Aug 4, 2005

a massive toolclown who cannot stop causing problems

A very chatty, half-blind LP of one of my favorite games ever and an incredible work of science fiction storytelling. Our focus is part on talking through solving the puzzles, part on critical puzzle/game analysis, and part on (hopefully) interesting digressions about both ancient and modern history, technology and philosophy.

We're three videos in so far -- come join us!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Occultatio
Aug 4, 2005

Alright, this is a weird one: I'm playing through newly-released walking simulator The Beginner's Guide, for the first time, with the sound off.

My friend Matt has played it before, and is guiding me through the critical information the narrator would normally provide, like the basic premise and when to press Enter to advance the game. Mostly, though, this is less a Let's Play and more an interpretive exercise/experiment: I'm trying to see not simply how much I can understand without the constant voiceover, but how much I can interpret about the game's larger message purely through its aesthetics and gameplay.

It's a very, very talk-y LP, with a lot of time spent on pause screens while I talk myself through an analysis and deconstruction of what I just saw, but I found it an absolutely fascinating experience to record (and Matt tells me I came up with some really interesting conclusions relative to the "intended" meaning of the game).

If that sounds like your cup of tea, the thread is here -- I'm releasing one video from the no-audio playthrough each day between now and Friday, and then Sunday we'll sit back down to play it through again with the sound on. Come chat with us and nerd out about game design!

Occultatio
Aug 4, 2005

Oh hey I forgot that this thread was a thing.

My buddy Matt and I are doing a half-blind playthrough of Obra Dinn -- he's going in totally blind and I know the game inside and out. We're three episodes in, so come join us!