Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
Every facial expression on that cover is hilarious. I can't believe that in 2015 people still haven't realized that drawing Red Hood's mask like it's skintight latex over his face is the dumbest looking thing ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

Let's be fair, the pre-Flashpoint stuff in Convergence probably would have gone over better if 90% of them hadn't looked and read like they were shat out in a weekend.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

I'm fairly well read in comics, and I have no idea what Bloodlines is. And I have no desire to find out, since absolutely everything about that announcement screams that it's going to be complete garbage.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Maybe they're teasing Geoff Johns: Rebirth, a blockbuster story in which Old Geoff Johns Who Wrote Good (well, half-decent) Comics returns and vanquishes Current Geoff Johns, Known Hack.

Including an emotional scene where Geoff Johns, having hit rock bottom, has a mental breakdown in the cereal aisle and begins to converse with Captain Crunch.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It's the most logical thing in the world for her to be a member of the new Birds of Prey, so it probably won't happen.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

lotus circle posted:

Cass is honestly one of the only redeeming qualities about the comic. The story isn't very good, but Cass is true to her original incarnation while mixing new a couple new things that fit. I know some people aren't a fan of her new upbringing, especially concerning David Cain, but I think the alterations they made aren't just for the sake of changing and that's what matters.

The new David Cain is the weakest part of her new origin. He's a mustache-twirling villain now who can't even seem to win a fight against anyone but Harper.

That said, the issue that was pretty much just solo Cass was the best issue of the series so far.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

DrProsek posted:

This week's Batman and Robin Eternal was pretty weak, largely because it focused on the two most boring things in the series; Bruce Wayne and Mother.

I was really stoked for a Batman and lil' Cass teamup based on the cover, but it was one of those situations where the cover lied. Cass doesn't even appear in the issue!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

Those Flintstones designs are hilariously off-putting.

• Locked thread