Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
God I wished that it was DC's Captain Marvel, doesn't do great in floppies but enough digitally to keep it going for years.

I almost wish it was a Vertigo book just for the extra prestige.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Without know much of any of the details, and a lot of assumptions, I imagined that the idea was to sell off while the going was still good, and move on to greener pastures. They presumed that they were told an amount that was fair, but what was supposed to be a flash-in-the-pan funny book kept getting stronger and stronger. Meanwhile Siegel and Schuster were now floundering for success, the deal that was presumed equitable was now very apparently one sided, and that Superman was sold for a song.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Two new Batgirl spinoffs, one starring Cassandra Caine and the other Stephanie Brown.

Not saying that's what I want (are they even in the New-52? Are they even good?), but it's what they should maybe do to capitalize on a newly successful sub-franchise.

Also, how many dollars on there being a new Supergirl-esq Batgirl show?

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

DrProsek posted:

I was happy to see Tim Seeley on Suicide Squad, but Rob Williams is also a great pick. I just want someone to take the very simple concept of "these villains are all forced to work together to do sketchy things for the government" and make it fun. That's apparently been an ongoing problem for Suicide Squad.

Man, I just realized how disappointed I am that Tom King isn't on this. If there is one man who can pull off an interesting cast of characters, stuck in dangerous, covert government ops with ineffectual outcomes, it would be him. I mean, he's one hell of a writer but he's at the very least been adjacent to those types of situations.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Hey, we here at DC heard you like Superman with a Tee. So we're giving all our heroes normal clothes. Here's a kid with a hoodie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
DC Comics: Hemorrhaging After-Rebirth
DC Rebirth: Like a Phoenix, Reborn to Alienate for Another Day

• Locked thread