Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Hey fellas, what's going on in he-

adamantium|wang posted:

"The institution of marriage came from religion, it was adopted by the state and I have always been a firm believer in the separation of church and state and the main reason for that is it protects the church and I think the church’s institutions do need to be protected."

- Scott Morrison

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Nibbles! posted:

We have to delay this issues to best decide how to protect people's ability to discriminate.

Yeah, like couples are going to insist on being married somewhere hostile. How is this even a supposed problem?

Pred1ct
Feb 20, 2004
Burninating
Was he very cross? Was he peeved? Was he ropeable? Was he wearing a bonnet, and if so, did it have bees in it?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
You guys are missing the big stories here with all the furphy.

The ABC posted:

Hundreds of hot pink shorts, pink T-shirts and pink overalls designed to humiliate and shame convicted bikies in Queensland prisons will be sold for charity.

The stash of leftover pink attire was recently discovered at a storehouse in the Brisbane Women's Correctional Centre.

These outfits were created using the labour of the female prisoners.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

ShoeFly posted:

Believe it or not, Scott Morrison went to a public school.

A selective public school, but it wasn't a Christian education.

:psyboom:

Where did he get this bizarre idea from then? Like, sure, after talking to noted historian Endman, apparently it is technically a valid argument, but hell, It's so far from the actual main reason it beggars belief.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

Splode posted:

Where did he get this bizarre idea from then? Like, sure, after talking to noted historian Endman, apparently it is technically a valid argument, but hell, It's so far from the actual main reason it beggars belief.

From his evangelist church

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Birb Katter posted:

Did they think they would care?

http://m.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/recreational-rider-uses-the-power-of-pink-to-fight-antibikie-laws-20131118-2xr96.html

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Splode posted:

Yeah, I thought one of the major reasons for wanting marriage equality was for the legal protections it would provide

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Hasn't marriage has been around since cave men times and in cultures which had previously no contact with Christian or Judaism.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

starkebn posted:

Yeah, I thought one of the major reasons for wanting marriage equality was for the legal protections it would provide

I was referring to his bizarre claim about why we have separation of church and state. His arguments about marriage are dumb and boring and not really worth engaging with again, they've been shot full of holes at this point.

Ragingsheep posted:

Hasn't marriage has been around since cave men times and in cultures which had previously no contact with Christian or Judaism.

Yeah, it's tough to work out heirs when you don't know who the father is.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Cartoon posted:

No silly that's a debt cult!

:rimshot:

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Ragingsheep posted:

Silly Ragingsheep, there's no such thing as those cultures, the world is 7000 years old.

Pred1ct
Feb 20, 2004
Burninating
Cori Bernardi has come out against the initiative to give the minister the power to render an Australian citizen stateless. Even someone as batshit as Bernardi understands it's a bad idea.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

So I hate everyone and everything, will I fit in well here?

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Spudd posted:

So I hate everyone and everything, will I fit in well here?

:yeah:

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Birb Katter posted:

I'd wear those. They look pretty comfy and stylish tbh

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
In non-Australian but probably relevant news:

[url=http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/may/31/nsa-reform-senate-deal-as-patriot-act posted:

NSA programme: Bush-era powers expire as US prepares to roll back surveillance - The guardian]
Sweeping US surveillance powers, enjoyed by the National Security Agency since the aftermath of the 2001 terrorist attacks, shut down at midnight after a dramatic Senate showdown in which even the NSA’s biggest supporters conceded that substantial reforms were inevitable.

Almost two years after the whistleblower Edward Snowden revealed to the Guardian that the Patriot Act was secretly being used to justify the collection of phone records from millions of Americans, critics of bulk surveillance went further than expected and forced the end of a range of other legal authorities covered by the Bush-era Patriot Act as well.

This is a pretty big deal, and it does look like it is going certainly going to lead to non-trivial reductions in NSA surveillance powers. Hopefully this will lead to an actually discussion on our own lovely surveillance laws... but probably not.

More likely the greens will bring it up in question time, Abbott will say something stupid, everyone will laugh/cringe, and it will be forgotten about in a few days time.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I don't get it, 7 News is running a story that Youth Employment is booming and then uses statistics that Uber needs 2,000 more drivers but Uber is technically outlawed and changed on the spot.

See guys, there are heaps of jobs!...Just use that service your state government is trying to kill????

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Anidav posted:

I don't get it, 7 News is running a story that Youth Employment is booming and then uses statistics that Uber needs 2,000 more drivers but Uber is technically outlawed and changed on the spot.

See guys, there are heaps of jobs!...Just use that service your state government is trying to kill????

Good work Channel 7 on encouraging young people to have to resort to illegal activity to make ends meet.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Anidav posted:

Maybe they should interview you.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Victoria's first and only female Premier, Joan Kirner, has passed away

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-01/former-victorian-premier-joan-kirner-dies/6513086

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k3a0nrovVf4

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

drat shame, a rare politician who could laugh at herself. She said that singing on the late show was the best thing she ever did.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Endman posted:

I'd wear those. They look pretty comfy and stylish tbh

Queensland has just the bikie gang for you then. It's called "gently caress U Newman"

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Word cloud for May:

2015: JFMA

2014: JFMAMJJASOND

2013: AMJJASOND

Highlights from last months thread:

Birb Katter posted:

We don't really have mountains though, at best it's really hills. If you're referring to water surrounding us if that was a deterrent then there would be less people needing to get married.

Also, if your husband dies without you giving him a child then you shouldn't be able to make fun of if there is no arts degrees amirite.

ewe2 posted:

I have trouble with Tingle's position that this is to keep some on a lifeline for longer, which is why most commentators are asking how is this going to go from there to thousands of employees, then you're wasting money.

Most of small business never goes to medium-size, most of them fail, so the only result of this is a game of chicken; I'm with Cartoon on this. The ALP aren't a serious opposition, they're appeasers. Both majors are free to be told what to think, and tries to slow down the rate of the batts. What value is buying a bunch of hardware that will have to be told what to think, and tries to slow down the rate of the river next to us and too scared to join it so we're punishing ourselves with ever more repressive and aggressive forms of xenophobia. I'm for the ALP to even start talking about the TPP and TISA is not even the comfort of demonstrated evidence that the reason it's a candidate-killer but why be honest about that when you can paint the Greens as loonies and deflect attention away from your own cowardice on the Internets!! IT MUST BE TRUE!!!

You Am I posted:

Is she trying to get back into Indi? If so, LOL. The Nats/Liberals are so on the nose in that part of the world at least. In Australia most response would be "So the poofs can get married? There ya go" *cracks open another tinnie*

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Urcher posted:

Word cloud for May:

Those godless Tasmanians.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
tony piss

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please

Anidav posted:

Don't Uber want you to have a car that's like less than 5 years old too? Also have no working rights whatsoever?

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

agreed

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Nibbles! posted:

Don't Uber want you to have a car that's like less than 5 years old too? Also have no working rights whatsoever?

Yup. And if you get into an accident, you're not covered for work cover or insurance as well.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

Anidav posted:

Seven News also ran a story on the protests and counter protests in Richmond yesterday, that described the pro-facism fuckwits as "promoting Australian culture and ideals", took a full soundbite from someone banging on about political correctness gone mad, and then displayed one of the guys marching proudly in a swastika shirt.

I'm wondering who is running the news department, because they're letting some real poo poo through.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Lease a new Audi and start driving for Uber, Anidav.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Redwolf posted:

The Australian Democrats are were a pro-capitalist, right-wing, socially-conservative party consisting of forums poster and whisper enthusiast ScreamingLlama. Led Formerly led by forums poster ScreamingLlama they believe believed in fabricating a list of 550 members to prevent their imminent deregistration as an official political party. Sadly like everything else the Democrats believed in, they were unable to follow through on the rhetoric and earlier in the year were disbanded as an official political party. But let us not mourn their passing, instead let us bow our heads and give thanks for the legacy they have left us.

1. We didn't fabricate anything, so stop being a fuckhead before you get yourself into very real trouble for posting defamatory poo poo on the internet.

2. As I've said before, the deregistration is subject to appeal.

3. Your OP is stupid and full of fail.

4. Stop giving people poo poo over their therapy choices.

5. Did I mention you're a fuckhead?

Endman
May 18, 2010

ScreamingLlama posted:

1. We didn't fabricate anything, so stop being a fuckhead before you get yourself into very real trouble for posting defamatory poo poo on the internet.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

ScreamingLlama posted:

ssh, it's ok. Take a nice, slow, calming breath. Relax. The Internet Makes You Stupid

ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
CAPTAIN KILL

Just HEAPS of dead Palestinnos for brekkie, mate!

Huh, I always knew Joyce was on the bottom.

And the gently caress? How'd "Shake" be the biggest thing?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

ScreamingLlama posted:

auspol, this is a lawyer speaking

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

ASIC v Danny Bro posted:

Huh, I always knew Joyce was on the bottom.

And the gently caress? How'd "Shake" be the biggest thing?

you've got to shake out every last drop of piss

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

ScreamingLlama posted:

Hahaha because the now defunct Australian Democraps party is going to take action over words someone said on Something Awful.com.

Go back and play with your Morrowind girlfriend mods.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

You did the same thing in that GBS thread

Don't take yourself so seriously on the internet and people are far less likely to make fun of you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

ScreamingLlama posted:

Calm down friend, would it help if I whisper gentle nothings through a computer screen at you?

• Locked thread