Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

Grave $avings posted:

Is that Stargate?

grahf987 posted:

That one seems like one I have seen, but it could be 40 different movies. Ill chip away at it, Flight Of The Navigator(not Intruder,I always mix them up)?

Sorry, no!

Here are a few more cheeky screenshots. If these don't do it, I'll post one that is far, far more obvious.

Max fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jul 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog

grahf987 posted:

That one seems like one I have seen, but it could be 40 different movies. Ill chip away at it, Flight Of The Navigator(not Intruder,I always mix them up)?

Ill give another try with the posts, baseballs this time. Well a few easy ones.

#2 is The Legend of Frog Dreaming

Loved that movie as a kid

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Terminal Entropy posted:

One more left ungessed

12 Monkeys?

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

ButtWolf posted:

No. I think Rocky I thru V plus Rocky Balboa have been guessed now. Its hilarious the dancing so close to it. feel like should be obvious at this point.

Also that is where they go in Fast and Furious, but those clues do not fit. So i dunno.

Unbreakable? That has to be Philly.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grave $avings posted:

Unbreakable? That has to be Philly.

Im crying here. Yes its Philly.

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

Goddamnit about the only thing left is Creed

grahf987
May 11, 2009

jet sanchEz posted:

#2 is The Legend of Frog Dreaming

Loved that movie as a kid

I was about to say no but you are correct. In the US its known as The Quest and what I know it as. It is also know as The Go Kids in the UK. I do not know what a frog dream, and probably why they changed the name, but Go Kids is the most generic name ever.

I give up on the Rocky wana be apartment screen shot. Once again I find myself playing a game I am terrible at.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grave $avings posted:

Goddamnit about the only thing left is Creed

!!!!!!!!

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just one left from my original post.

Hint: Someone else posted a different shot from this movie in the last two pages.

Some more cause I'm bored. I think these would be hard, but some of you are freaks. Imgur is giving me hell, can't figure how to use it now.
GonSmithe - Popstar

2. Hat Thoughts - Sicario

3. FoxStrats - The Lobster

ButtWolf fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jul 22, 2016

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
First one is Popstar
"Obe-lisks"

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Contagion ?

John Dough posted:

12 Monkeys?

Nada. This one is more recent.

Terminal Entropy fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jul 21, 2016

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Can you really blame people for not watching Lockout?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Terminal Entropy posted:

Contagion ?

Nada. This one is more recent.

Space jail featuring amnesiaman

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

GonSmithe posted:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sure beats watching Lucy. Was watching Cargo and Dante 01 and just had Lockout left to round out the space station movies. Might go and watch Fortress 2 again soon.

Terminal Entropy fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jul 21, 2016

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GonSmithe posted:

First one is Popstar
"Obe-lisks"

Correct.

Its not Contagion.

grahf987
May 11, 2009

GonSmithe posted:

Whoa, whoa, whoa my friend. Space Jail only grows in estimation with time and lack of sobriety, id recommend investing in both, cant lose. The absolutely horrendously unforgivable kindergarten level made CGI at the start of the movie does it zero favors, but make it past that and you got yourself a watchable remake of Die Hard, in space this time. Your mileage will vary accordingly.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Wait is Lockout the one with Guy Pearce saving the Presidents Daughter in Space?

Because if you don't want to watch the film on that elevator pitch alone I don't know what the gently caress.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Probably wrong but uh, Sicario?

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

LordPants posted:

Wait is Lockout the one with Guy Pearce saving the Presidents Daughter in Space?

Because if you don't want to watch the film on that elevator pitch alone I don't know what the gently caress.

Elevator pitch alone is all that movie needs, sans the Snake ripoff, which it does a pretty good job of creating it's own of. Litigation aside, Lockout had a better and more fun version of the character than what Carpenter had.

grahf987
May 11, 2009

Terminal Entropy posted:

Elevator pitch alone is all that movie needs, sans the Snake ripoff, which it does a pretty good job of creating it's own of. Litigation aside, Lockout had a better and more fun version of the character than what Carpenter had.

Litigation? I guess I could look it up but SA is good at breaking things down to the points that matter. Help me out?

28 weeks later?

Dune?

grahf987 fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Jul 21, 2016

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hat Thoughts posted:

Probably wrong but uh, Sicario?

Das ist richtig.

grahf987 posted:

Litigation? I guess I could look it up but SA is good at breaking things down to the points that matter. Help me out?

28 weeks later?

Dune?

Nope and Nope

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

grahf987 posted:

John Carpenter took them to court, and won, for stealing from both Escape from New York and Escape from LA.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
Hey Buttwolf, #3 is The Lobster

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FoxStrats posted:

Hey Buttwolf, #3 is The Lobster

Indeed it is.

grahf987
May 11, 2009
Page slipped out of front and I am out of guesses for some of the leftover screen shots, I just dont know. I want to try again though with my own, and I like hints if thats ok. Its not a good puzzle if there are only blind people playing right?

Dont Google this one because I cheated to get it, it is pretty hard to get anywhere when I tried. Pretty good movie if you can appreciate engineering in a conceptual way at least.

Darthemed got it Kids
Next two go together and I caught it on Skinamax hoping to catch something I never saw, I did, I grew up a little bit that night. Cinemax in the 90s/early 2000's was gold. I saw Donnie Darko on it, I think before it even came out, and before it blew up a few years latter. They were pushing it hard at the time, and for good reason. Those 11pm-1am movies at the time were worth the rear end chewing from my mom for being up so late.

Come on you guys you like bad movies, nobody guessed it last time. AKA it is not Chinatown.

Hat Thoughts figured it out Five Easy Pieces
The only movie/media representation of a job I have actually worked in real life that has not made it look trivial and easy. It is hard and hardening, when I watched the final act of the protagonist I could see myself in a similar situation. If you worked the job you will get it, there are bells and an elevator in the picture. Really, If a goon can get this because they have done it, let me know that means you lifted more than a coffee cup in your life and you have my respect.

grahf987 fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jul 31, 2016

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I worked this poo poo. Not really this part. Is it There Will Be Blood?

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~

ButtWolf posted:

Just one left from my original post.

MacGruber?

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Negative. Its from 2015.

grahf987
May 11, 2009

ButtWolf posted:

I worked this poo poo. Not really this part. Is it There Will Be Blood?

Well you sort of have my respect, what part did you work?

No on the guess, good try though, that is way before this ones time and the technology was very different so I personally do not know how accurate There Will Be Blood is.

grahf987
May 11, 2009

The overlay on the screen had me thrown off, didn't realize it was for the emergency exit path. I should have gotten this one along time ago. It is Anomalisa.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

grahf987 posted:

No on the guess, good try though, that is way before this ones time and the technology was very different so I personally do not know how accurate There Will Be Blood is.

Armageddon?

grahf987
May 11, 2009

Max posted:

Armageddon?

Another fine guess, but lol no, Armageddon makes it look like glamorous cowboy work and it is anything but.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

grahf987 posted:

The overlay on the screen had me thrown off, didn't realize it was for the emergency exit path. I should have gotten this one along time ago. It is Anomalisa.

Indeed!

grahf987 posted:

We did pre stuff. Laying down thick plastic mats and digging trenches on sites beforehand. Pretty much everyone I know is in the oilfield though - pumpers mostly.

ButtWolf fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jul 31, 2016

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

grahf987 posted:

Next two go together and I caught it on Skinamax hoping to catch something I never saw, I did, I grew up a little bit that night. Cinemax in the 90s/early 2000's was gold. I saw Donnie Darko on it, I think before it even came out, and before it blew up a few years latter. They were pushing it hard at the time, and for good reason. Those 11pm-1am movies at the time were worth the rear end chewing from my mom for being up so late.

Kids?

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

grahf987 posted:

The only movie/media representation of a job I have actually worked in real life that has not made it look trivial and easy. It is hard and hardening, when I watched the final act of the protagonist I could see myself in a similar situation. If you worked the job you will get it, there are bells and an elevator in the picture. Really, If a goon can get this because they have done it, let me know that means you lifted more than a coffee cup in your life and you have my respect.

Five Easy Pieces?

grahf987
May 11, 2009
Yeap

Hat Thoughts posted:

Five Easy Pieces?
That's the one, its old but you would be surprised how little the technology has changed.

ButtWolf posted:

We did pre stuff. Laying down thick plastic mats and digging trenches on sites beforehand. Pretty much everyone I know is in the oilfield though - pumpers mostly.
Not even close to the same job, but still does not sound like a picnic. Oilfield is not real fun for anybody except the higher ups.

Still got the fist one, hint the title of the movie is basically in the screenshot.
3 is not worth the effort so ill not mention it again.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

The Dish?

grahf987
May 11, 2009

Sir Nose posted:

The Dish?

Right on, Sam Neill is great in it.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

It's a very charming movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Here's my unidentified stuff from earlier in the thread, plus a new batch. Feel free to ask for hints or another frame from the movie, I'll only say no if I think it would make the answer way too obvious (and some of these are pretty obscure, admittedly).

Darthemed posted:

A1.

A2.

A4.

A5.

A6.

A7.

A10.

Darthemed posted:

B2.

B6.

B7.

B8.

B9.

B10.

C1.

C2. Sir Nose got A Shock to the System.

C3. John Dough recognizes Virtuosity.

C4. RJWaters2 remembers Senseless.

C5. Sir Nose knows the secrets of RoboGeisha.

C6.

C7.

C8.

C9.

C10.

Darthemed fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Aug 16, 2016

• Locked thread