Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

pentyne posted:

I really doubt it, and that's why Donna keeps trying to get Cameron to take it seriously. Cam is just "oh whatever, we'll pay some fines, no biggie. Besides, power should be free" and Donna is 3 seconds away from a brain aneurysm because if the county finds out a house not zoned for a business is running a massive business that is tripping the power breakers fines are the least concern.

I get the impression that they're going to continue the idealistic no-rules Cameron until a critical point where all of her "don't worry, it'll sort itself out" results in some massive problems that Donna and Joe will to come in and fix and it'll get shoved in her face that someone has to be accountable and responsible for the business.

I don't know I kind of got the impression that Cameron realized that if neither of them want to be boss then she can go get the best boss who is need of a job hence the last scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

pentyne posted:

No, Cameron thinks they don't need a "boss" because everything is free, man. Donna was trying to tell her "Wtf you can't just steal power from the neighbors" and Cam just laughs and talks about trickle down power and expects to be able to outpay any fines/problems.

In the absence of Donna Cameron is looking at complete insolvency as checks bounce left and right and the county shows up to condemn the property and seize the business assets and evict them. Even if Joe comes in he's going to have to be draconian as gently caress to get the place ship-shape and you know Cameron is going to scream about not needing bosses and rules until poo poo goes down. Her character has been written as "troubled genius+anarchy tendencies" but what gets the most emphasis is that all she wants to do is spit in the face of the system.

No. It's Hell on Wheels.

Yeah I watched the episode. My thinking is that she gets that Donna is right to some degree, and wants to bring in Bosworth whom she respects to do the hard things.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

nate fisher posted:

I am so up and down on Cameron, but the last 2 episodes (I watched both of them last night) almost broke me completely of her. Only point I felt for her was when she checked the online count and it was zero. Of course the show is doing lets put her at the lowest level before bringing her back-up thing.

Donna being pregnant is not a storyline I really wanted to see. Is this going to turn into an abortion debate, and another plot device to put a bigger wedge between Gordon and Donna? I just don't find it compelling at all.

Also any idea what is causing Gordon's symptoms? At first I thought it was coke related, but now I'm not so sure.

I hope his illness turns out to not be a big deal and it could be a running thing this season of having serious drama things happen to Gordon only for it to not be an issue.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Comrade Fakename posted:

The season is obviously going to end with Cameron launching her super forward-thinking FPS only to be overshadowed by the NES launching. I should have posted this earlier, as it was a more impressive observation before Nintendo actually appeared in the show.

Uh, that doesn't make any sense though.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Kin posted:

This line of thought is going to get really old really fast. It's getting increasingly jarring that these guys are the source for pretty much every technological innovation. loving ethernet now :rolleyes:

I wonder if we'll get a touchscreen/tablet scene soon. :suicide:

Except they didn't invent it, even in the show.

eta- sigh watch the scene again, Mutiny did not invent Ethernet.

Zythrst fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jul 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

I too want a triumphant return of Yo-Yo!

• Locked thread