Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Your Weird Uncle posted:

i dont think west ham have had a good nigel, but reo-coker might be the least worst one

We had Winterburn briefly but considering he was old and poo poo at that point, I'll probably stick with Reo-Coker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Pay up bhyo

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Rodgers will stay. No one has been fired. Time to expect drastically different results next season!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Josh Lyman posted:

I'm leaning toward Chelsea. Are there any deal breakers I should be aware of, like a Wayne Rooney-type twat?

Lol

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

edit; never mind I'm dumb

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

Josh Lyman posted:

I'm leaning toward Chelsea. Are there any deal breakers I should be aware of, like a Wayne Rooney-type twat?

practice saying "we're racist and that's the way we like it" in your fake english accent

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Apparently, Unai Emery has cancelled a board meeting he was meant to have with Seville to fly to London for talks for the West Ham job. Napoli are also after him but aren't willing to pay as much as West Ham are.

Even if it's still unlikely to happen, I'll do a lol if West Ham end up with Emery after months of pundits giving the "Be careful what you wish for" speech

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

nice clicked links

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Apparently, Unai Emery has cancelled a board meeting he was meant to have with Seville to fly to London for talks for the West Ham job. Napoli are also after him but aren't willing to pay as much as West Ham are.

Even if it's still unlikely to happen, I'll do a lol if West Ham end up with Emery after months of pundits giving the "Be careful what you wish for" speech

If Newcastle take months of "looking for the right fit" and coming really close to getting relegated only to hire their initial choice in McClaren while West Ham get Emery I'll not be happy

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Be an Arsenal fan if you hate yourself and also want other people to hate you

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

i lol a bit irl every time i see your avatar

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

Josh Lyman posted:

I have decided I will become a soccer football fan. How do I pick a side to support?

I'm going to do a serious reply. Apologies in advance.

If you must support a team instead of just enjoying the spectacle, watch the teams play some games before you choose. If you enjoy watching the game, you will probably find yourself naturally attracted to some teams and naturally repelled by Chelsea others.

Apart from that, steer clear of Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and either Manchester club if it will bother you at all to be constantly ridiculed for your plastic fandom.

Beyond that, and with the proviso that you need to watch some games and make up your own mind, Southampton are overachieving and pretty cool and likable. Norwich are likable if youre not bothered about winning anything. I have an inexplicable soft spot for Crystal Palace too. If you don't mind losing a lot and probably going down, but enjoy some high quality drama on and off the pitch, Newcastle are always good for a laugh.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Jose posted:

If Newcastle take months of "looking for the right fit" and coming really close to getting relegated only to hire their initial choice in McClaren while West Ham get Emery I'll not be happy

Agreed, the board should go for emery

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

fat greasy puto posted:

spurs are poo poo and kane would do well to leave this summer

dont you have a toilet to unclog

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
If you are not English then you must support the not English team.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
Just root for the team with the most upper 90 netslams and has the best tifos brah.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

sassassin posted:

I wish someone had given me that advice before. I hate the English.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Josh Lyman posted:

lol

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Breath Ray posted:

Nice

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Josh Lyman posted:

This gave me a good, hard laugh.

Support Liverpool, they're a great club.

Edit: I never liked that advice about "just watch games for months on end without caring about the result". It's a sport, not being neutral is a fundamental part of it. Support Liverpool.

Hoops fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jun 2, 2015

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Support Liverpool if you like crap.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

sassassin posted:

All new plastics should support swansea :agreed:

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Breath Ray posted:

:agreed:

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Hoops posted:

Edit: I never liked that advice about "just watch games for months on end without caring about the result". It's a sport, not being neutral is a fundamental part of it. Support Liverpool.
You don't have to immediately pick one team though. Watch lots of different games, pick a different team in each game for whatever arbitrary reason you like, start whittling it down due to other arbitrary reasons.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Brony Car posted:

Support Liverpool if you like crap.

To be fair, based on this past season you'd support most of the clubs if you liked crap

Signed, a new Liverpool fan

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Support Spurs like me, Paddyb

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

support each team for 1 (one) calendar month until you find your favourite

I'd advise pencilling in Arsenal for July

Soylent Green
Oct 29, 2004
It's people

Josh Lyman posted:

I have decided I will become a soccer football fan. How do I pick a side to support?

We all love Leeds, friend.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Blinkz0rz posted:

i lol a bit irl every time i see your avatar

Me too, and my username because then I think of the ad guy, haha. I'm sad he left, he was my favorite Chelsea poster.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Josh Lyman posted:

I mostly just lurk but am a pretty hardcore US Chelsea fan. I picked them literally because I liked their jerseys and they were fun to play as in FIFA games and it's worked out so far. Plus you get to come in here each week and read the haters whine and cry over the typical 1-0 snore fest that is a Chelsea game, so that is a bonus.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Support Bournemouth, they need some TRP fans imo.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

vyelkin posted:

Support Bournemouth, they need some TRP fans imo.

I think that deep down, we all support Bournemouth.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

triple sulk posted:

I think that deep down, we all support Bournemouth.

gently caress Bournemouth, shithole that just upped the price on the ferries

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Chelsea
Chelsea
Chelsea
Chelsea Manning

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
support Chelsea 84,000 Australians can't possibly be wrong about anything

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

hadji murad posted:

support Chelsea 84,000 Australians can't possibly be wrong about anything

Tony Abbott

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Oops wrong thread. Support Wigan.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

facebook jihad posted:

I mostly just lurk but am a pretty hardcore US Chelsea fan. I picked them literally because I liked their jerseys and they were fun to play as in FIFA games and it's worked out so far. Plus you get to come in here each week and read the haters whine and cry over the typical 1-0 snore fest that is a Chelsea game, so that is a bonus.
They do have the same colors as my alma matter and I like the crest, but I would hate for all my enjoyment to come from schadenfreude - I'd like to genuinely root for the club.

iPod = GF
Dec 26, 2007

vyelkin posted:

Tony Abbott

whoosh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

They do have the same colors as my alma matter and I like the crest, but I would hate for all my enjoyment to come from schadenfreude - I'd like to genuinely root for the club.

Then don't support a club governed by Russian oil money when you could support a club governed by a fat sportswear magnate, or American trust funders, or endless Emirati oil money, or crazy East Asian billionaires.

• Locked thread