Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Parody Threads posted:

Ah yes, City, who started their run barely missing progression from successive groups of death and were then bounced in the elimination stages by noted good Champions league squad FC Barcelona in the past two years, have been in the CL ostensibly as much as clogging shitburgers AFC Liverpool, who were gifted a group of Real Madrid, *checks wikipedia* Basel and.....Ludogorets Razgrad(!?) and failed to progress.

I haven't checked the wiki to confirm, but I think all of those groups were in the same league, the champion's league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

Well better than Liverpool at least.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
west ham arent getting emery

edit: or bielsa!!

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Your Weird Uncle posted:

west ham arent getting emery

edit: or bielsa!!

That's like the top 10 shortlist all rejected us now, surely

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Bogan Krkic posted:

That's like the top 10 shortlist all rejected us now, surely

I'm disappointed with the Emery thing but it's nice to see a manager stick with his team even though we were offering almost 3 times as much money as they were.

I'll be happy enough with Bilic. Not the best ever but as far as fall-back options go, it could have been a lot worse. Plus, it'll be really funny to watch him being utterly mental in the PL

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Sacking Allardyce while not having anyone else lined up was pretty retarded imo. Bilic would be a step down and I will do the Big Sam laugh if you got down because of that.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Ewar Woowar posted:

Sacking Allardyce while not having anyone else lined up was pretty retarded imo. Bilic would be a step down and I will do the Big Sam laugh if you got down because of that.

Benitez was lined up and all the terms were agreed. Just needed to wait until he was officially let go by Napoli but then Madrid came calling.

I don't think we'll get relegated under Bilic but there will probably be a season of adjustment. Even if the worst happens, at least I'm actually going to enjoy watching West Ham play again rather than doing it out of habit. Watching your team play under Allardyce can be completely soul destroying.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Benitez was lined up and all the terms were agreed. Just needed to wait until he was officially let go by Napoli but then Madrid came calling.

I don't think we'll get relegated under Bilic but there will probably be a season of adjustment. Even if the worst happens, at least I'm actually going to enjoy watching West Ham play again rather than doing it out of habit. Watching your team play under Allardyce can be completely soul destroying.

now picture this you sack allardyce and replace him with steve kean

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
Allardyce is terrible to be fair, he's like Pulis with mood swings

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Al2001 posted:

Allardyce is terrible to be fair, he's like Pulis with mood swings

Pulis doesn't have a face like guts trying to escape though, he just wears a well peaked baseball cap

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Looks like it's Bilic:

https://twitter.com/Muzziozcan/status/607983330869583872

West Ham are due to announce him officially tomorrow possibly alongside the signings of Pedro Obiang and Andre Ayew.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Looks like it's Bilic:

https://twitter.com/Muzziozcan/status/607983330869583872

West Ham are due to announce him officially tomorrow possibly alongside the signings of Pedro Obiang and Andre Ayew.

Is Andre the one who plays in midfield or upfront?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Bogan Krkic posted:

Is Andre the one who plays in midfield or upfront?

Upfront. Supposedly Newcastle didn't think he was value for money even on a free whatever that mean so he'll score all the goals next season

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
What do West Ham have in common with two ducks?

They've got a Bilic (a bill each)

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Ayew is fantastic in PES, should be good in meat space too.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Blue Star Error posted:

This is a bad post but Bilic is a good manager.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Besides Wengy, who's the longest tenured manger in the league? I think it was Big Sam, but he gone now.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

DOOP posted:

Besides Wengy, who's the longest tenured manger in the league? I think it was Big Sam, but he gone now.

Pearson, and Rodgers is third lol.

Edit: Mourinho is 5th.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Blue Star Error posted:

Ayew retarded?

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
im loving stoked on billic and new dudes but apparently some "die hard fanz" are still mad about billic leaving to go to everton and are super unhappy about the signing

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Your Weird Uncle posted:

im loving stoked on billic and new dudes but apparently some "die hard fanz" are still mad about billic leaving to go to everton and are super unhappy about the signing

It's the most ridiculous poo poo. We got more than double what we paid for him, he got nearly double his weekly wage by leaving and even then, he stayed with us until the end of the seasonw ehn he didn't have to (pre-transfer window times) because he felt he should stick around to help us stay up. I don't see what else he could have done.

Also, a load of Besiktas fans are on twitter supporting West Ham and talking about how much they hate Millwall. It's quite cute.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Andre is the one who plays on the wing and is decent but probably wants big wages, Jordan is the one who is a garbage rear end striker

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Luke Edwards reporting John Carver & Stone set to be released by Newcastle today. Thank gently caress they're not hanging on.

edit: link. hooray.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/11662671/John-Carver-sacked-by-Newcastle-United.html

tetsuo fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jun 9, 2015

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

tetsuo posted:

Luke Edwards reporting John Carver & Stone set to be released by Newcastle today. Thank gently caress they're not hanging on.

The coaching at newcastle has been poo poo for a while so this is good. The complete inability of the team to play out from the back when under pressure is annoying as gently caress

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Is there somewhere that will offer me odds that Newcastle will literally not have a manager at the start of next season

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Is there somewhere that will offer me odds that Newcastle will literally not have a manager at the start of next season

Ring up paddy power.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
I'm pessimistic but that would be pretty magical even for us.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

RIP Diaby

Good ball by Dixon
Oct 18, 2012
I'll never forget his work for the Kick it Out campaign.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

serious gaylord posted:

Ring up paddy power.

Tbf they've just gone and got McClaren in

Would still be worth a punt, though, it is Newcastle

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Abou Diaby ruled and I'm going to miss him a lot the permacrocked fuckre

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

'Arry posted:

Tottenham have been a major disappointment since I left.

I had two top four finishes, we finished fourth twice and should have finished higher in all honesty.

I thought if we had bought a striker in the last year at Christmas we’d have been very close, I think, to the top. We didn’t invest in a striker at that time. It’s difficult, that top four is difficult.

But this year, if you talk Tottenham, it’s been a disappointing year for Tottenham.

I’m a big fan of the manager, I like him very much but if you look at the team this year it certainly don’t excite you.

They’ve been carried by three or four of the kids who have done really well. The signings, almost to a man, have been a disaster.

All that £120m or whatever they spent from Bale and Modric has been pretty much wasted really.

He's not wrong.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
He must have been holding up a lot of traffic while saying all that

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Monday Bandele posted:

Heh

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Monday Bandele posted:

He actually tweeted it, which is quite the accomplishment for an illiterate person.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Arsenal have been charged by the FA for the Calum Chambers transfer.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Phwoar imagine all the signing Rosie could've made with that 120m.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The press are really upset that only the Mirror and sky got to speak to McClaren when he was announced as Newcastle manager

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Jose posted:

Arsenal have been charged by the FA for breaching agent regulations over the Chambers transfer

Bea Nanner posted:

Arsenal have been charged by the FA for the Calum Chambers transfer.

Seems like we're in an echo.... Chambers haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Machinegunboyo posted:

Seems like we're in an echo.... Chambers haha

lol

• Locked thread