Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Lightbulb Out posted:

What are the benefits to 24k gold joint papers?

It's a Hyundai thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

BraveUlysses posted:

It's a Hyundai thing

Its a not pay mah rent job isn't a sure thing, thing.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Lightbulb Out posted:

What are the benefits to 24k gold joint papers?

Better tone; clearer highs, less fuzziness in the low spots. :v:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Geoj posted:

What about older plants that lack sufficient/any scrubbing equipment, that the industry is claiming would be too expensive to retrofit and which will continue to be in operation for at least several decades to come?
At least locally they shut down and build another one on site. Most of the infrastructure is already in place so it probably saves some money. I drive by one every day that still has the old stack and building but it's only used for storage now from what I've heard.

One of the guys that used to live in my neighborhood was a welder for the power plant. Thanks to him everyone has old filters/screeners from the power plant as fire pits. They flow a poo poo load of air and make some hot fire.

Stop fighting guys, can't we all just get along :gay: It's legal now.

BloodBag posted:

In other news, I had no idea window tint makes so much difference. It was quite nice driving home today and the AC in the miata seemed to be keeping up just fine!
I need to look at tint for the VW, been meaning too for a while. I get there early enough I get one of ~5 shady parking spots but it's still partially in the sun so tint should help. It would also help me fit in with all the :rice: VW's in the area.

Tinder date for drinks, walking around downtown then seeing Mad Max tomorrow :perfect: I'm an idiot for not getting back into the dating world earlier. Sure it sucks some of the time but so far it's been pretty awesome.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I just found out I had a complaint about a vehicle I reccomended brakes on a few months back was escalated to the state attorney's office for fraudulent reccomenation of unecessarY work. Reccomended wheel cylinders on a jeep, wrote down the shoes were cracked with age and the hardware kit was rusty. Reccomended for preventative, and noted one wheel cylinder had blown out. Their mechanic has a srate mentioned that the brakes were perfectly fine front and rear and that I was unethical and attempting to defraud the customer.

We pulled the old work order. It's smeared front and back wth brake fluid and grease smears.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I have to be honest, I never figured this is how you would show up on the government's radar.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I didn't really buy those guys. I did buy 2 license plate frames though so I could ditch the chrome ones with the dealership name on it.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I didn't really buy those guys. I did buy 2 license plate frames though so I could ditch the chrome ones with the dealership name on it.

I've been rocking the same license plate frame for 17 years.

"I see stupid people reading my license plate frame" (I may be off on the wording, I haven't paid much attention to it in ages, but it's worded similar to that)

And I always ditch dealer license plate frames, stickers, etc within 24 hours of buying a car. Unless you're going to take a large dollar amount off, or pay me something every month, I'm not driving a rolling billboard for you.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Awwww yeah.

Whypowershiftneedsexitrow.jpg

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
God I love exit row seating.

Also, I feel like I could probably make a decent living by emailing pictures of my rides to the original dealers and offering to remove the stickers if they paid me. They put them on there, so it's not like I'm extorting them or anything.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Reminds me of when I was coming back from deployment, when we landed in Saudi Arabia, we offloaded almost all the other passengers. Once we took off again, I put up all the arm rests in the middle row I occupied, put airline blankets over the tops of the seats, and had my own fort. The steward/stewardesses were amused.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

some texas redneck posted:

"I see stupid people reading my license plate frame" (I may be off on the wording, I haven't paid much attention to it in ages, but it's worded similar to that)

Hot Topic sells license plate frames? :haw:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

NitroSpazzz posted:

Apartment complex work put me in when I moved here didn't allow working on vehicles, vehicles that leaked or more than one vehicle per person.

A friend of mine had a car that was in primer.

He didn't find out that the apartment complex he was moving into required "cars be their original color", and specifically banned primer and mismatched body panels, until after he signed the lease. It was break the lease or sell the car, he couldn't afford to break the lease.

So now instead of a well cared for 95 Civic that happened to be in primer, he's driving a beat up early 90s Oldsmobile that pisses fluids everywhere, breaks constantly, and has paint falling off in chunks. But since it's the original color...

BloodBag posted:

I asked for llumar , the legal percent VLT in the front windows and like 5% in the back window. It's the poo poo not needing the rear window glare reducy tilt thing anymore. :getin: The sticker on my window says formula one, that's supposedly higher grade stuff, right?

Formula One is made by LLumar, and IIRC it's their top of the line film.

It's really good stuff. You'll never see it fade or bubble in your lifetime, and it has a lifetime warranty that can be transferred to subsequent owners of your car. IMO it's better than 3M tint, but it's not nearly as easy to find.

Slow is Fast posted:

I will never have a non-tinted DD again. It keeps the car cooler, AC works better, and with a sunroof or window cracked, the car is never a sauna when you get in.

I have no idea what kind of tint my car has now (either brand or VLT), but I'd like to get it redone. The front windows need to be a bit darker, as dark as I can legally go. I'm actually happy with how dark the other windows are, but I know if I get just two windows re-tinted, it won't look right.

Pham Nuwen posted:

Hot Topic sells license plate frames? :haw:

They did in the 1990s!

(good eye, that's actually where I bought it...)

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

And I always ditch dealer license plate frames, stickers, etc within 24 hours of buying a car. Unless you're going to take a large dollar amount off, or pay me something every month, I'm not driving a rolling billboard for you.

I think my car still has the faded as poo poo dealer plate frame it had on it when I got it. Never bothered to pull it off.

I can't find a picture of the actual frame online, but recently I've been seeing dealer plate frames for Westbury Toyota locally, and I honestly can't tell if they're self-aware or not. I giggle like a retard every time I see one though. On the actual frames, the "WTF" is cut out of the plastic and popped out of the text in that pointy yellow cartoon bubble :xd: Maybe it's confirmation bias, but I always seem to see them on soccer mom SUVs and minivans whose owners probably have no idea. I would almost consider the idea of throwing one on my car just because.

Black88GTA fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jun 30, 2015

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

I have a "TDICLUB, Yes is a diesel" and a "German Autoparts" frames on my Forester. The Yes Its a Diesel one is funny when you are rocking the venerable EJ25 under the hood which makes diesel-like sounds every once in a while :haw:

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I’ll just leave this here...

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

the spyder posted:

:eyepop:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

A friend of mine had a car that was in primer.

He didn't find out that the apartment complex he was moving into required "cars be their original color", and specifically banned primer and mismatched body panels, until after he signed the lease. It was break the lease or sell the car, he couldn't afford to break the lease.

So now instead of a well cared for 95 Civic that happened to be in primer, he's driving a beat up early 90s Oldsmobile that pisses fluids everywhere, breaks constantly, and has paint falling off in chunks. But since it's the original color...

Couldn't he just rattle can it the same color? They never said the same paint chemistry or number of stages. gently caress em.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

CommieGIR posted:

Guys, guys, guys.

I can run a dedicated.

I legit forgot I even owned Terraria until you guys started talking about it. I'm down to putz about on it if you guys end up doing some server.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

T1g4h posted:

I legit forgot I even owned Terraria until you guys started talking about it. I'm down to putz about on it if you guys end up doing some server.

That's funny....I'm the exact opposite. I thought I bought it awhile ago and never played it but I just checked my steam library and I don't own it.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

kastein posted:

Couldn't he just rattle can it the same color? They never said the same paint chemistry or number of stages. gently caress em.

He tried that, apartments still hassled him about it. The primer actually was the same color as the car's original paint (black).

The lease did state if the car originally had clear coat, it must either have intact clear coat, or if the clear coat is damaged, it must be the original clear coat, and not a repaint.

loving most bizarre lease I've ever seen. And it was a relatively upscale apartment complex too; he overextended himself pretty bad by living there, which is why he wound up driving a shitbox.

Second most bizarre is one I had at one apartment of my own - going by the lease, I wasn't allowed to watch TV, play video games, or use the phone after 9pm, and also couldn't have guests after 10pm (this was a 250+ unit apartment complex owned by a major nationwide multifamily rental company). The place was actually really solidly built; I was on the middle floor of a 3 story, and I never heard anyone above me or below me in the 2 years I lived there. But in the 2 years I lived there, the parking lot went from newish midsize cars (including BMWs, Mercedes, etc) to the most beat to poo poo cars you can think of, and in the last few months I lived there, I'd constantly have people trying to sell me drugs in the parking lot.

The same apartment I used to pay nearly $650/month for (in 2002!) now goes for about $625 (I saw it going for about $500 a year ago).

I drove through that area last summer - went by the convenience store I used to always go to. The clerks were all behind bullet proof glass. :stare: It's not a bad part of town, except for about 1 mile of that particular road (Dallas goons - Rosemeade Pkwy between the tollway and Marsh - I lived at The Park on Rosemeade).

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Welp. My ac decided refrigerant is for jerks and vented that poo poo all over the highway. At least it wasnt too hot today. :(

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Terrifying yet erotic.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
would

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Pham Nuwen posted:

Speaking of, anybody in the Bay Area want a 5-speed MG transmission? One of the bolt holes in the bell housing broke off, but otherwise AFAIK it's a fine transmission. Tear it apart and stick it on your mantle, I don't give a poo poo, it's free if you want it.

What

Yes. Hell yes. I'm not sure if I should tell you this, but the 5-speeds are actually pretty desirable, since they have an overdrive. Most people have the 4-speed. I've got a friend who is on the lookout for one to upgrade his BGT, actually, so if you're serious I'll gladly take it off your hands.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I need a Hellcat and a lifetime supply of free tires.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUxs9EN_mr8

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

The Locator posted:

Watching this and the Challenger Hellcat on Roadkill was just wonderful and the Charger is a drat nice looking car...

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Before I even left the dealership I made them take off all their stickers. I don't even like car badges on my trunk nevermind some random dealership. Probably gonna replace the H badges with black KDM wings and remove everything else.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Any Aust Goons want to spend a weekend with Kaptain Ballistik and Cat Terrist at Wakefield Park racign at 24hours of LeMons?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Phone posted:

I just got back from the beach. I'll knock this out tonight or tomorrow.

Cool beans. Sorry, I've been away from the forums for a few days, due to internet.

Also, update on fidel bottle openers: I've put in an order for 30 total. They're $10 apiece as my cost, but I'll pick them up and truck them across back to CONUS in a few weeks. Should be back by August 1st, hopefully.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Geirskogul posted:

Also, update on fidel bottle openers: I've put in an order for 30 total. They're $10 apiece as my cost, but I'll pick them up and truck them across back to CONUS in a few weeks. Should be back by August 1st, hopefully.

Oh hell yeah, thanks, Geirskogul! :perfect: is appropriate.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

The Locator posted:

I'm very pleasantly surprised this didn't end up like 90% of other rolling burnout videos with the car wadded up in the side of one of those parked cars.

There's an SRT Ram at a local stealership. I'd be more concerned about tires than gas.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Powershift posted:

Awwww yeah.

Whypowershiftneedsexitrow.jpg
I get an exit row seat about 50% of the time I fly. The angry looks I get being 5'6" sitting in the exit row spread out is amusing.

Fart Pipe posted:

I have a "TDICLUB, Yes is a diesel" and a "German Autoparts" frames on my Forester. The Yes Its a Diesel one is funny when you are rocking the venerable EJ25 under the hood which makes diesel-like sounds every once in a while :haw:
Dad ordered TDI Club plates when he picked up his 2013 or whatever TDI and gave me a set for mine. I forget about it until someone points it out. I should transfer one to each of the M's to gently caress with people then toss a BMWCCA one on the TDI.

the spyder posted:

Saw that on facebook this morning :perfect: other than the issue you mentioned on there

Scaroused

Found out we signed up for another WRL race at the end of July at MAM. Never been there but looks like a decent enough track. Always nice waking up to those emails saying we're registered and when to book flights.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

The Locator posted:

That sounds like an orchestra warming up for half a second as he hammers it. Awesome. Too bad it looks like a dart.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Raluek posted:

What

Yes. Hell yes. I'm not sure if I should tell you this, but the 5-speeds are actually pretty desirable, since they have an overdrive. Most people have the 4-speed. I've got a friend who is on the lookout for one to upgrade his BGT, actually, so if you're serious I'll gladly take it off your hands.

gently caress, I'm sorry, I meant to type 4 speed. I'm pretty sure it's a 4 speed, but I need to double check. If it's a 5spd, I'll probably keep it and see about putting it in the Midget, which currently has a 4spd.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Cage posted:

Awesome. Too bad it looks like a dart.

If I ever was to get a Hellcat it would be a Challenger, not a Charger.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Wife got a raise, I'm not suffering from allergies, and we are talking with banks to get a mortgage and buy a house.

The house is a family member's. It has a paved driveway. Such luxury.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

My girl who I've posted in my build threads from time to time turned 13 on Friday. We're divorced but her mom wanted the two of us to take her to dinner so we did. Mom tried to get her not to order junk food and she sassed the poo poo out of her. I was simultaneously laughing and terrified.

I don't believe in god but please pray for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Holy gently caress my new foreman is crazy. He's mad chill all day as long as long as you're busting your rear end though. I hosed up one 5 minute fix today and he said if I mess that up again I have to sit and watch him do it while not getting paid. Then 5 minutes later he was back to shooting the poo poo. It's hard getting used to the way a new crew does things after working at another contractor over a year. Proof is in the pudding though, we got a poo poo load done today and I had to change my sweaty shirt 3 times. Gotta start wearing a bathing suit.

• Locked thread