Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

LloydDobler posted:

My girl who I've posted in my build threads from time to time turned 13 on Friday. We're divorced but her mom wanted the two of us to take her to dinner so we did. Mom tried to get her not to order junk food and she sassed the poo poo out of her. I was simultaneously laughing and terrified.

I don't believe in god but please pray for me.

The teenage years are a magical time, I've heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Scare your fellow techs by blowing up brake hoses when torching the union to the line in order to crack it open!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

LloydDobler posted:

Mom tried to get her not to order junk food and she sassed the poo poo out of her. I was simultaneously laughing and terrified.
Did you give your kid a fistbump when her mother wasn't looking?

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!
Going by my (many) fuel recipts i've done over 4,000 miles in the last 3 weeks with my new job.

Holy poo poo i'm so glad to finally have money coming in, and be mad busy every day..

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
I wrote up £25,000 worth of work to a car today. They bought it all. Who would've thought the car was owned by the Bank of England????

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Can you come to my house and cut these vents into my bonnet. Thank u

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

corn in the fridge posted:

I wrote up £25,000 worth of work to a car today. They bought it all. Who would've thought the car was owned by the Bank of England????

Holy poo poo, what car was it???

Company i used to work for had a warehouse adjoining one rented by the former Chairman of the Bank of England. He had his collection of classic Jaguars inside, and left it unlocked frequently.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
Just an especially dilapidated example of a DB9 volante. Was high millage but also looked like it sat in a shed for 10 years so double wammy basically.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
God drat it FedEx, overnight meant overnight...

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

some texas redneck posted:

I've been rocking the same license plate frame for 17 years.

"I see stupid people reading my license plate frame" (I may be off on the wording, I haven't paid much attention to it in ages, but it's worded similar to that)

And I always ditch dealer license plate frames, stickers, etc within 24 hours of buying a car. Unless you're going to take a large dollar amount off, or pay me something every month, I'm not driving a rolling billboard for you.

License frames you say? I just added this to my P71:

Idea stolen from another P71 owner.

As far as tinted windows, the CV has them, and I'm glad of it. The dealer installed tint on my wife's Kia started peeling from the bottom on the passenger front, so I'll need to get that taken care of soon.
I tinted my '79 RX-7 myself, with 5% Gila brand tint from Wally World. It's actually held up fairly well - purpled just a bit, but not noticeable from outside. That said, 5% is too dark on the side windows at night. Never got around to doing the rear hatch (curved!) so there's that. Need louvers there, really. :)

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

Darchangel posted:

License frames you say? I just added this to my P71:

Idea stolen from another P71 owner.

Cop spotted

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Just what a cop would say. THAT'S ENTRAPMENT, MAN.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Back home again. Our place was a loving oven when I walked into it last night. I probably missed the worst of it though-Oh god no

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
Those temperatures are insanely my poo poo.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Those temperatures are insanely poo poo.

fixed :v:

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

That's too hot. gently caress You.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

MustardFacial posted:

Back home again. Our place was a loving oven when I walked into it last night. I probably missed the worst of it though-Oh god no

gently caress youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu~~

It's about the same and stormy all of the next week or so here, but a few weeks back it was 40C for 10 days in a row.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Just an especially dilapidated example of a DB9 volante. Was high millage but also looked like it sat in a shed for 10 years so double wammy basically.

Oh.. I was expecting you to say something like a Vanquish or a DB5.

I saw a red DB6 earlier. Kinda cool, but red is not the colour for it. Also, driving that around Central London in traffic in 34 degrees?

MustardFacial posted:

Dunno where in the country you are but i saw 34 degrees and we're forecast a week of high 20s to low 30s. Today was too hot to spend 10+ hours in a van delivering poo poo.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

MustardFacial posted:

I had to go convert your crazy moon units. Two weeks ago, we had a week with the coolest day being 34C, warmest being 39C, in excess of 40C with heat index. It's, thankfully, cooled down, but now we're getting massive thunderstorms every evening. I can't wait for the summer to officially arrive.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
93F? That's comfy, dawg.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

MustardFacial posted:

Those are some super nice cool spring weather temps there. It's been in the 43c-47c range here for the last week or two (Yes, I had to use Google to convert my triple digits to those cute little 'c' numbers).

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
So my new to me 330i needs VANOS seals. God drat it. Oh well, it was inevitable.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Mooseykins posted:

Dunno where in the country you are but i saw 34 degrees and we're forecast a week of high 20s to low 30s. Today was too hot to spend 10+ hours in a van delivering poo poo.

You are gonna sweat your balls off tomorrow down South! - 34C forecast for London.

Its much more pleasant up north (27C for tomorrow here) - especially when you have the rest of the week off :) - I'm gonna go cycling tomorrow and see how much of my body fat I can sweat out and work on my tan

Sigma X posted:

I had to go convert your crazy moon units. Two weeks ago, we had a week with the coolest day being 34C, warmest being 39C, in excess of 40C with heat index. It's, thankfully, cooled down, but now we're getting massive thunderstorms every evening. I can't wait for the summer to officially arrive.

Right now it is about as hot as it ever gets in the UK (34C in london, touching 30C further up). We are not set up for this kind of temperature over here. We might only see 30C+ for a couple of days per year.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

jamal posted:

Cop spotted

Dammit!

MustardFacial posted:

Look at this guy.
It's cooling down to 95-6 F for the rest of the week, here, from 98 today. After it rained like 6 feet the last few months. (Dallas, TX)

(converted to moon units for your viewing pleasure.)

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

The Locator posted:

Those are some super nice cool spring weather temps there. It's been in the 43c-47c range here for the last week or two (Yes, I had to use Google to convert my triple digits to those cute little 'c' numbers).

God's balls, man, where are you? The surface of Mercury?
I'm expecting 104-5 F when summer really gets going here in TX, but 109+? I would never leave the AC.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

The past two days have been in the CMM room at a blissful 20c, doing what I love. Out of the 50 or so parts I've run so far, one has almost been good. They're some little thing for a Dick Cheney related company that apparently fails too much. We farmed these things out to another company since 1982 and apparently, they've never checked in tolerance. Mostly because the tolerance (imperial) on one feature is .00015 for cylindricity, .0005 for perpendicularity, and another cylindricity for .0002. The closest one got to passing is .00016 cylindricity. Further, the envelope of uncertainty for this task has been calculated to about .000005. My machine's standard deviation while qualifying on the artifact is .000001. I have no idea how we've been shipping poo poo parts for 34 years and getting away with it, but for gently caress's sake, we need to charge more money for these loving things. It's a stupidly tight tolerance for what it does, and we should have no-quoted.

On another front. I got word from the other side of the shop that I do, e-beam welding, that the project I finished up on time with no non-conformances and barely within the time specced (for a first time run, no less!) didn't make us any money :ughh: The sales guy didn't get with the customer to adjust the estimates so instead of 2.75 hours of setup, .5 hours of run time each (gently caress e-beam forever), he quoted 2 hours of setup, .5 hours of runtime, for 12 pieces There is no way in hell I can clean, draw together, torque to 250 ft/lbs, load, indicate, and draw vacuum on a 17 foot long part in one hour. I made three of those a day, and they still bitch. Turns out that 17-4 inconel hardens up like a motherfucker when welded, even when the heat affected zone is tiny like with e-beam. The weilers missed the estimate by 100% on hours to cut the new API box on the parts. So if they quoted 4 hours to cut the box, they took 8.

I really wish the dickheads in the shop office would come onto the floor and spend time with the people making the parts so they understand how long precision takes. :sigh:

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

If it gets over 70f, I'm angry about how hot it is.

gently caress the heat, jesus christ.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A-HAHAHAHAHA

Dude I was gonna buy the scooter from already got a DUI. Life is grand.

Might go look at this tomorrow, where should I look for rust?
http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/cto/5085702673.html

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
WTF, he gets a DUI, gets a scooter so he can still get around, I assume he got his license back, then gets a DUI again?

People really do never loving learn.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Rhyno posted:

A-HAHAHAHAHA

Dude I was gonna buy the scooter from already got a DUI. Life is grand.

Might go look at this tomorrow, where should I look for rust?
http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/cto/5085702673.html

I thought we already established that he had a DUI and that's why he was on the thing in the first place :confused:

E: /\/\/\/\ I guess I missed that thrilling installment in the saga.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Darchangel posted:

God's balls, man, where are you? The surface of Mercury?
I'm expecting 104-5 F when summer really gets going here in TX, but 109+? I would never leave the AC.

Phoenix, AZ area. Was in the 115'ish range last week, down into the 105~109 range through next week. Lows at night mid to upper 80's.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Hypnolobster posted:

If it gets over 70f, I'm angry about how hot it is.

gently caress the heat, jesus christ.

We hit 70F from time to time in December. :v:

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

InitialDave posted:

Did you give your kid a fistbump when her mother wasn't looking?

Yeah, a mental one where I looked at her and she looked at me and we both knew what it meant while trying not to smile. It wouldn't be as fun if her mom didn't make it so easy and tempting.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

kastein posted:

WTF, he gets a DUI, gets a scooter so he can still get around, I assume he got his license back, then gets a DUI again?

People really do never loving learn.

Pretty much. His nephew (guy I know and heard this from) told me he went out celebrating his return to 4 wheels the night he got his licence back ad ran through his neighbors bushes on his way home. So I guess it was inevitable.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

MustardFacial posted:

That looks like a brilliant Spring week.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
All of you heat lovers can suck the fattest dick. I feel like my brain is going to melt.

(I love you all)

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

MustardFacial posted:

All of you heat lovers can suck the fattest dick. I feel like my brain is going to melt.

(I love you all)

I agree. If it is over 75 I am not amused, if it is over 65 and I am trying to do anything other than sit on my rear end you can all go to hell.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Cold can eat my rear end, gently caress that poo poo.

On another note I just got the 97 Ram with 29k on it back from the shop with all 4 new balljoints and holy gently caress what a difference. I didnt even realize how bad they were but now it takes bumps like a brand new Civic. Fuckin Lolpar. They must have been bad since 12k when I started driving it but never thought much of it cause its a Dodge and a truck and I just thought thats how it was supposed to be.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Fart Pipe posted:

Cold can eat my rear end, gently caress that poo poo.

I loving HATE the cold. 32 years of living in Canada has made me sick to death of winter, snow, -30 and all that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

kastein posted:

I agree. If it is over 75 I am not amused, if it is over 65 and I am trying to do anything other than sit on my rear end you can all go to hell.

I have Dave's Syndrome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x6EHqbDH08

• Locked thread