Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Pham Nuwen posted:

Gonna ride the hype shinkansen over to Kyoto later and spread the word about V8 to poor lost souls led astray by I4.

Glory be to the 5 cylinder :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

In Texas and this humidity is killing me. I know it's 108 degrees back home but I'd rather be in that. This poo poo is for the loving birds and I don't know how you whackjobs do this.
Spent the weekend in Texas, that was enough to convince me I never want to go back. Hot, humid and lovely...I don't see the appeal. Driving between cities there's just nothing and everything looks run down.

Pham Nuwen posted:

Last night's yakiniku was amazing:

drat I need to jump on the next opportunity to head over there. That looks amazing.

Time to browse the other threads and see if there's an avatar worth grabbing.

Texas was a good time even if I didn't get to spend any time exploring Austin. TWS is a armpit of a facility but a fun track, way higher speed than I've ever been on before. Came in 5th in our class largely thanks too three unscheduled and long pit stops. We expected to be running in the rain all weekend but ended up only having one 5 minute downpour Saturday afternoon. Hell of a good weekend.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
You could always flip your quote around and find a shot of Rictus doing the clean and jerked with the war rig's fully bolted on primary supercharger

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Pham Nuwen posted:

Thanks to jet lag I'm lying awake on my futon in a Buddhist temple hostel in Takayama. They don't turn on the hot water for showers until 7.

Last night's yakiniku was amazing:

Gonna ride the hype shinkansen over to Kyoto later and spread the word about V8 to poor lost souls led astray by I4.

Take a day trip to Nagoya and hit up the Toyota Museum and Critical Hit bar (right outside of the Fushimi station, down the street from the Club Sega and Hilton).

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

14 INCH SLIT posted:

You could always flip your quote around and find a shot of Rictus doing the clean and jerked with the war rig's fully bolted on primary supercharger
:perfect: Time to find the gif

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

goatse guy posted:

I helped sell 53 cars last month AND the person that was making my life miserable got fired. May treated me well.

Rock on.

This summer has changed from what I thought would be, and now I'm faced with a series of difficult decisions. I see the light at the end of the tunnel, but it's going to be a matter of swallowing my pride to do the right thing.

One step at a time, I guess. Cheers, ya'll weirdo freak folks..

..and normies too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Summer? It was 55 degrees today. gently caress this bullshit I want to do CAR poo poo.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

goatse guy posted:

I helped sell 53 cars last month AND the person that was making my life miserable got fired. May treated me well.

How are the pooches?

Torn Quad Jones
Nov 2, 2011

14 INCH SLIT posted:

You said you wanted fiction, so I chose to whisper sweet little lies into your ear :v:

Your living up to the name change you jerk. :colbert:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Horrible Mechanical Failure thread should be renamed "Bitch about VW and Audi" thread since that is what it always devolves into.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

It's as sure a thing as twins-are-slowchat in the news thread.
e: and somebody making a $1200 stroller joke every single loving time eyebeem posts

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jun 2, 2015

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Who killed the world?

Yeah, this is a bandwagon I can jump on. I didn't need that :10bux: anyway.
they're all good, but I especially like STR's and piss boner's avatars.

edit: and Geirskogul's made me laugh.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jun 2, 2015

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Sir Pukesalot posted:

On a totally unrelated note...I don't know if you guys remember, but a long time ago in one of the chat threads I made a comment that it might be fun to set up a competition with Automation (the car design/tycoon game on Steam) to design something, like an engine or a car, and have them compete against one another. Well, after some time fumbling around with different ideas, I might have come up with a heck of a formula for this...who's down for an Automation-based Goon GT series?

Re-posting this for MrChips. We need this!

An update to this: my race simulation is now complete and functional; all that's left is polishing up the rules a bit and to make them look all FIA-ey. Expect a thread sometime tonight with more information about the inaugural Automation SA-GTE Series!

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Ack, had the same problem as some other goon with the space (between av and tag) not registering. Any way to fix it?

Anyways, bieks:

Toying with the idea of buying some shitass beater bike and making it into something like this. Bout time I learned to weld, anyway!

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER
I totally dig propane-tank-gas-tank bike.

piss boner
May 17, 2003

14 INCH SLIT posted:

"Sorry Joe, can't play the war horns on pursuit today. Yeah, couldn't get a sitter and I woke up feeling a bit poo poo from staying up too late last night with the little ones, you know how it goes. Ah well, you have to make certain sacrifices in life for the ones you love, and that all started riiiiiiighhhhhhttttt......abouuuuuuuuuuuut........here."

Yeah, sounds about right.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Terrible Robot posted:

Fuckin love the new avatar!

Holy gently caress thats awesome! Thanks to whoever did that. Stitch plus Fury Road is the loving poo poo! May all my posts be SHINY AND CHROME

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
I keep telling people one of the best parts of that movie is grandmas' unrelenting carnage.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

As much as I loved the movie I was quite saddened at how the Interceptor died :(

Thats MINE!

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Got (officially) fired last week. Got a call for an interview just a little while ago :toot:

Of course part of the interview is giving a lesson to administrators pretending to be students. I actually interviewed with this school about two years ago, and it remains the absolute most bizarre interview I have ever gone on.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Darchangel posted:

Who killed the world?

Yeah, this is a bandwagon I can jump on. I didn't need that :10bux: anyway.
they're all good, but I especially like STR's and piss boner's avatars.

edit: and Geirskogul's made me laugh.

Supercharger War Boys!

Who the hell did STR's new AV? It's a work of art.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Jesus Christ today has been loving ridiculous. I swear to gently caress that a guy in a Buick stroked out and tried to kill me.

Thank god for wide shoulders on the interstate and a powerful bike. He suddenly swerved from the third lane to the first lane, and I caught enough of it out of the corner of my eye to just swerve and gun it. 65 to 120 happens quick :v:

Edit: I need a new av :( this one was bought for me as a joke like 7 years ago and I just...never changed it

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Supercharger War Boys!

Who the hell did STR's new AV? It's a work of art.

I took the concept of him still rocking the pig and all I could see was Toecutter's fursona :v:

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

InitialDave posted:

You like model cars? If going to Tokyo after Kyoto, stop off in Shizuoka, check out the Tamiya factory's small visitor's centre. Also Rainbow Ten if you're after shopping for model kits, they have about the best prices I've found, and a good selection.

Bastard. I stayed in Shizuoka and spent a couple of days wandering around when I was there without any particular plan. Didn't know there was a Tamiya factory with tours. Looking at the map I think I probably walked right past it too!

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

CharlesM posted:

How are the pooches?

Harry is great. Turbo is having some issues. Every time we overcome one hurdle, we find another. She likes to be in my face 24/7 and I can't deal with that. If I wanted neediness on that level I'd have a baby.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

CommieGIR posted:

Glory be to the 5 cylinder :colbert:

Hey screw you buddy, 3 cylinder supremacy :colbert:

My tires only cost twice as much (shipped) as having them mounted and balanced does.

Also I might be a dick but I'm amusing myself by trolling facebook jeep groups full of ignorants who think they know what's up and/or think they know how to wrench. These guys are hilariously bad at diagnosis and... everything else.

Sucker rate isn't quite as high in the other groups I've put it in, but probably 1/3 to 1/2 of the readers still take it seriously :v:

ACEofsnett and I hit the junkyard Saturday, pulled that Prius hybrid drive unit for science experiments, and while BSing he noted it'd be great troll fodder. He was right.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Joining dis bandwagon. Fuckin' Mad Max was the raddest thing I've seen in ages. The mightycarmods Mad Max build was pretty good follow-up too.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Fart Pipe posted:

As much as I loved the movie I was quite saddened at how the Interceptor died :(

Thats MINE!

I'm imagining that after the end he immediately went out there to retrieve and rebuild it

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

kastein posted:

Hey screw you buddy, 3 cylinder supremacy :colbert:

My tires only cost twice as much (shipped) as having them mounted and balanced does.

Also I might be a dick but I'm amusing myself by trolling facebook jeep groups full of ignorants who think they know what's up and/or think they know how to wrench. These guys are hilariously bad at diagnosis and... everything else.

Sucker rate isn't quite as high in the other groups I've put it in, but probably 1/3 to 1/2 of the readers still take it seriously :v:

ACEofsnett and I hit the junkyard Saturday, pulled that Prius hybrid drive unit for science experiments, and while BSing he noted it'd be great troll fodder. He was right.

:stare: That is pretty cool.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Deeters posted:

I'm imagining that after the end he immediately went out there to retrieve and rebuild it

Me too, man, me too. It survived what, 33 years so far? It'll be fine.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

kastein posted:

You actually got a Prius drive unit? That would be fun as hell.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
Holy poo poo I go on a 3 week work bender at the new job and when I come back everyone has mad max AV's. I love it. It is also the only move I have seen twice in theater, and woke up early before work to go see.

so shiny so chrome

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

http://madmax.wikia.com/wiki/Coma-Doof_Warrior

:stonklol:

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

Fart Pipe posted:

Me too, man, me too. It survived what, 33 years so far? It'll be fine.

I was under the impression that the war boys rebuilt the Interceptor and that was the silver Falcon they were driving later. If I recall correctly, one of the old ladies shot the driver and it spun off undamaged.

Edit: Guess I'm a dumbass. All the more reason for a second viewing.

Thelonious fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jun 2, 2015

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Holdbrooks posted:

Holy poo poo I go on a 3 week work bender at the new job and when I come back everyone has mad max AV's. I love it. It is also the only move I have seen twice in theater, and woke up early before work to go see.

so shiny so chrome

Do you still have your ute/truck? You know what to do.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Thelonious posted:

I was under the impression that the war boys rebuilt the Interceptor and that was the silver Falcon they were driving later. If I recall correctly, one of the old ladies shot the driver and it spun off undamaged.

Slit shows up in it while Max is being held upside-down by Furiosa, he points at Max and guns it but is crushed between the War Rig and the People Eater's rig.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Do you still have your ute/truck? You know what to do.

Mad max bosozoku truck would be sweet. But I need two more turbos and a couple of superchargers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I went out to get some food tonight and ended up hearing some dudes discussing the advent of Metric Time and how it will change how we measure the passage of time forever.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Tommychu posted:

Counterpoint:
And by that I mean there is no counterpoint, AI needs Detroit swaps

In the related videos to that one.. there was, this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m48vyc5beNg

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Rhyno posted:

I went out to get some food tonight and ended up hearing some dudes discussing the advent of Metric Time and how it will change how we measure the passage of time forever.

Been tried already.

You already know the outcome.

• Locked thread