Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dec 26, 2012

Count Chocula posted:

All that is clear communication and it's way more modern than old people walls of text.

I disagree on at least one of these points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Count Chocula posted:

All that is clear communication and it's way more modern than old people walls of text.
YE~P

01011001 posted:

I disagree on at least one of these points.
ofc you would your avatar is an Old and your signature thing is like "OLD PPL GAMER" and it's shaking like your posting has the DTs real bad from going cold turkey right at the end of an ignominious life spent gamblin' and swearin' and ""doin the dew""

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Count Chocula posted:

The Australians desire you, and wished me to send you a message: return down under, where you belong.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Australians call a stinging plant that causes so much pain that people and animals straight up kill themselves to get rid of "Gympie Gympie". They have no loving right to talk about communication.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

holy dooley i got me stung by the gympie gympie tell my sheila to take care of my dingo, my didgeridoo and me ankle biters *decapitates self with boomerang *

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

holy dooley i got me stung by the gympie gympie tell my sheila to take care of my dingo, my didgeridoo and me ankle biters *decapitates self with boomerang *
Wait, why does this guy have two dicks?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Australia's perfectly safe if you just wear shoes, although we keep wearing lovely plastic thongs all the time.

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

Australians call a stinging plant that causes so much pain that people and animals straight up kill themselves to get rid of "Gympie Gympie". They have no loving right to talk about communication.

we actually just call it the Giant Stinging Tree most of the time

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

chaos rhames posted:

Australia's perfectly safe if you just wear shoes, although we keep wearing lovely plastic thongs all the time.

By the way, speaking of bizarre idioms and names, I always get confused when someone says "thongs" and means flip-flops.

Queen Fiona
Jan 8, 2008

Of all evil I deem you capable: therefore I want the good from you. Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.
So, should I just tell kingcom to not read this thread for the next day or two?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Down With People posted:

we actually just call it the Giant Stinging Tree most of the time

That's a much better name than Gympie Gympie because it shows how dangerous the tree is. Like no one who hears Gympie Gympie for the first time would think 'I shouldn't get near this.'.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Hey, TG, a question.

Having watched Fury Road too many times this month, I have a severe lust for post-apocalyptic tabletop.

I'm usually a Shadowrun GM, but it doesn't do that genre well. Or really anything well. D20 has never had a firearms and skill system I like. Rifts is right out.

Any system recommendations?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
The most obvious choice is Apocalypse World. There's also Gamma world for more wierd mutant stuff.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

chaos rhames posted:

The most obvious choice is Apocalypse World. There's also Gamma world for more wierd mutant stuff.

I ran Gamma World last week and unfortunately it's just not scratching that Mad Max itch. Part of it is the standard "oh, we're still playing 4e. Let's all idly wait our turn during combat." That really shouldn't have come as a shock, but there it is.

I need a system that models momentum such that
1) momentum impacts available actions of my character and others
2) momentum does not change without resources/actions/other characters' actions making it change
3) the immediate world is volatile enough that momentum must constantly be changed, at risk of crashing, etc.

Maybe a blind action mechanic. Lay down Whip a lovely, Brawl, Gun It and other PCs/NPCs do the same and you resolve together. During Brawl you get a few actions to deal with whatever is currently leaping on to, crawling around, flame throwing your semi, etc.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Yeah. I was considering something like a modified Exalted 2e system, where initiatives are always shifting based on your chosen actions, so turn order is never set and there's real tension as far as what happens when.

I think the biggest points a Mad Max style system needs are being able to handle stunts, shooting, brawling, and trick driving well; having space for extensive vehicle customization; and a much greater focus on style over pure simulationism.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

I'd say One Last Job could be good for it too but I've only skimmed so i could be wrong :ohdear:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Liquid Communism posted:

Hey, TG, a question.

Having watched Fury Road too many times this month, I have a severe lust for post-apocalyptic tabletop.

I'm usually a Shadowrun GM, but it doesn't do that genre well. Or really anything well. D20 has never had a firearms and skill system I like. Rifts is right out.

apocalypse world pretty much. if you're looking for something more mechanical you're basically SOL if you don't like gamma world though

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Liquid Communism posted:

Hey, TG, a question.

As advocated several times in this very thread, Atomic Highway is both free and also more or less Fury Road the RPG

Liquid Communism posted:

I think the biggest points a Mad Max style system needs are being able to handle stunts, shooting, brawling, and trick driving well; having space for extensive vehicle customization; and a much greater focus on style over pure simulationism.

Yep.

Here is the now closed recruit for my game, which has links to the free AH:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3722714

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I'll check 'em out, thanks guys!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

a harsh but fair self-assessment, sweet plutonis

speaking of churning, gnawing disappointment i guess it's steamsalesmas again?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Ningyou posted:

speaking of churning, gnawing disappointment

Why you gotta bring up my posting career like that.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Ningyou posted:

speaking of churning, gnawing disappointment i guess it's steamsalesmas again?

Why do you have to bring up everyone else's opinion of me like that? :smith:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Stormgale posted:

Why you gotta bring up my posting career like that.

Davin Valkri posted:

You people need some zoloft ASAP.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

You people need some zoloft ASAP.
Hey man why you gotta call me a sap :smith:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm so sick of being called a sap, a sucker, a rube and a mark by people with old-timey 1920s voices!

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Davin Valkri posted:

oh davin you charming creature you fill us with a churning, gnawing sense of joy and delight at being in yr presence

not like these other fuckin nerds

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm so sick of being called a sap, a sucker, a rube and a mark by people with old-timey 1920s voices!
Fau

Fau

pssssssssst Faufaufaufau fau

You forgot "ne'er-do-well," "crum bum," "ragamuffin," and "dozy dupe what got hornswoggled with half a handshake an' a wooden nickel"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ningyou posted:

You forgot "ne'er-do-well," "crum bum," "ragamuffin," and "dozy dupe what got hornswoggled with half a handshake an' a wooden nickel"
A ne'er-do-well would be someone taking advantage of a sap, a crum bum could be a sap but is not necessarily a sap, they are just someone lazy, a ragamuffin is an adorable child, but the fourth works. I should have remembered "dupe."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Seriously though one of these days I will get the other half of that handshake.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
i've never run Cthulhu anything before and last night I said gently caress it and ran eldritch horror in Dread. Cribbed heavily -- players wake up with no memory of the prior night, in a Vegas hotel room with the groom missing, a dead DEA agent, symbols written in blood all around the room, and, once they open the curtains, the entire city on fire.

There was lots of Sinatra mixed with ambient horror tracks. And a bit of SF 10-33.

It was Really Good.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Whoop, got distracted and totally forgot about my post.

Queen Fiona posted:

We're going to need a bit more to go on than that, I think! Could you give us an idea of what you enjoyed or didn't from the systems you've had experience with? That can give us more to go on when suggesting other directions.
Ah, sorry. Thought you guys were asking something else, though my answer doesn't change a whole lot.

Basically the longest-running group I've ever been a part of is sort of splitting up, some of us going overseas, others busy with new jobs. I'd like to continue to RP in the future, but with the loss the group I'm going to have to make do with PBP and skype goons. The previous games I listed are literally the only games I have any familiarity with, so I'm trying to increase the range of potential games I could join (or host). When I said "Anything," I meant it. I'm looking to expand my horizons. I won't say no to giving most things a once-over.

Microlite is probably my favorite of the games I shared, which I understand functions like a D&D digest. I prefer storytelling/character acting to dungeon crawling, but enjoy the latter too. I found Fate good for spinning a narrative but poor for dealing with combat. Does that help any?

Angrymog posted:

Atomic Highway is cool and free vi Drivethru RPG

inklesspen posted:

Free games:

Will check these out, thanks.

Queen Fiona
Jan 8, 2008

Of all evil I deem you capable: therefore I want the good from you. Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.

Bad Seafood posted:

Basically the longest-running group I've ever been a part of is sort of splitting up, some of us going overseas, others busy with new jobs. I'd like to continue to RP in the future, but with the loss the group I'm going to have to make do with PBP and skype goons. The previous games I listed are literally the only games I have any familiarity with, so I'm trying to increase the range of potential games I could join (or host). When I said "Anything," I meant it. I'm looking to expand my horizons. I won't say no to giving most things a once-over.

Microlite is probably my favorite of the games I shared, which I understand functions like a D&D digest. I prefer storytelling/character acting to dungeon crawling, but enjoy the latter too. I found Fate good for spinning a narrative but poor for dealing with combat. Does that help any?

If you're looking to do stuff with PBPs with goons, then you should probably get a rundown of the kinds of games played here, which I am determining by the entirely unscientific method of taking a look at games listed on the first couple of PBP pages and thinking of what games my friends have run.

The 800 Pound Gorilla:

D&D 3.5 and/or Pathfinder: I'm not the one to ask, but if it helps, the vast majority of the rules for the latter and the core rules for the former are available for free online. Also, Pathfinder, unlike WotC, has decided to be Not Completely poo poo about queer people.
13th Age: The latest bugaboo in terms of spinoffs, which tries to approach 4e by way of 3.X with a bunch of additional storygaming constructs - characters are en. Combat is abstracted rather than distance or grid-based, It's not perfect, and I wouldn't say it lives up to the hype, but it's definitely a contender, and has the benefit of being made by people who might've actually played/written a non-D&D RPG sometime in their lives. Also has an SRD with most of the content, and plenty of good side content (some official!) free from the thread.
D&D 4th Edition: Do you like fighting? Because if we're honest, that's always what D&D has been about - you don't have the gigantic list of monsters, big arsenal, tons of combat-related rules just because you're taking them for a tea party. Put simply, 4th Edition does combat the best out of any of them - if that's what you want, look no further.
D&D 5th Edition: I plead the fifth on this one. :rimshot: Seriously, though, I'm the last person you should ask about this - suffice it to say there are reasons the thread is a mess and bringing it up results in strong feelings. As a game, people seem to like it okay?
Strike!: Homegrown on TGD, had a very successful Kickstarter. Once an attempt at a pseudo-4e retroclone, . I'm kind of a fan, at least skill-wise, but the prose is very dense and some people might not enjoy how the combat's distilled or the generic, heavy-on-refluffing nature.

The Apocalypse:

Apocalypse World: Quick, stylish storygaming. Not free, but the base classes and moves are, moves being codified methods of interaction, and that should give you some idea of how it plays. Spawned a cottage industry of derivatives that's popular around here. Does try a little too hard a lot of the time, but a second edition is coming out soon that might alleviate that.
Dungeon World: Does D&D ala AW. Lots of people are very fond of it, but it's not terribly similar to AW and keeps a lot of D&Disms your mileage may vary on. It's not my area of expertise, frankly, but it's free if you wanna check it out.
Monsterhearts: Do you like being a sexy monster, but wish you didn't have to deal with all the conspiracy poo poo and creepy crap in White Wolf? This game is for you. A great storygame for romantic and dramatic setups (despite a few problems on my end), but emotions can run high and you have to be interested in the concept in the first place. Don't worry if the high school assumption isn't to your taste - most games end up doing their own thing around here. Queer-friendly by design - like, literal game design and everything. (Also a mechanic I'm super not fond of, holy poo poo) Here are the classes and references, and a thing I recommend you do not play without.

The Other Crap:

Shadowrun: Do you like lists of equipment? This is your game. (Seriously, if you want a fair opinion on Shadowrun, I'm not the girl to ask.)
Exalted: White Wolf's attempt at being Final Fantasy. It does a lot of interesting things, but the rules are a mess and tend to be full of poo poo that creeps people out. Very what-White-Wolf-thinks-anime-is-like. I'm not as inherently hostile to it as a lot of people seem to be, but I'd still never play it - the rules are that bad.
Atomic Robo: A FATE-based game that people seem to favor over the standard variants around here. I've only skimmed it, so I don't know much about it; I'm not 100% fond of FATE, but it seems to be good overall and maybe better than vanilla? I dunno.
Those FFG Games What With The Funny Dice: They're reasonably fun, they have funny dice, people looked at me weird when I was openly sapphic when we played Edge of the Empire in my live group. Good if you like Star Wars or 40k or other things I have basically no interest in whatsoever! still kinda wanna run KOTOR 2 Part 2

There's a lot of other stuff being run, but I'll let other people more familiar (or less snarky) field answers to them. Goon games seem pretty okay if you've got the right game and group, so go to town! Meanwhile, my irrational anger and jealousy over Ewen Cluney was just triggered by learning he made a game based on Metal Wolf Chaos, so I'm just going to quietly stew and try to steal his talent and success with my latent psychic powers or something.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Queen Fiona posted:

Also, Pathfinder, unlike WotC, has decided to be Not Completely poo poo about queer people.

Wot's all this about? :stare:

quote:

Apocalypse World: Quick, stylish storygaming. Not free, but the base classes and moves are, moves being codified methods of interaction, and that should give you some idea of how it plays. Spawned a cottage industry of derivatives that's popular around here. Does try a little too hard a lot of the time, but a second edition is coming out soon that might alleviate that.

I have no idea why this game needs sex-moves or how it's in-genre, but people seem to insist that it's a necessary thing. Personally I just think Vince Baker willingly working on stuff with James Raggi is kinda telling.

quote:

Monsterhearts: Do you like being a sexy monster, but wish you didn't have to deal with all the conspiracy poo poo and creepy crap in White Wolf?

I still don't get how it's less creepy than White Wolf when the whole premise is 'you're a monster and this game is about sexual politics with other monsters' as opposed to 'you're a monster first and sure sex might be a thing'

quote:

(Also a mechanic I'm super not fond of, holy poo poo)

This is another thing I am curious about

quote:

Exalted: White Wolf's attempt at being Final Fantasy. It does a lot of interesting things, but the rules are a mess and tend to be full of poo poo that creeps people out. Very what-White-Wolf-thinks-anime-is-like. I'm not as inherently hostile to it as a lot of people seem to be, but I'd still never play it - the rules are that bad.

That's why you play the 3rd Edition leak, mothafuckah :getin:

Queen Fiona
Jan 8, 2008

Actually, maybe I should bring this up - how do people feel about NPC companion characters in their parties? I've made heavy use of them in my old 4e game as fully-built characters (rather than the DMG2 companion rules), and they worked out rather well in my book. People seemed to enjoy them, and I made sure they supported the party's abilities rather than used overpowered builds; in most cases they were either characters the party had already met, or characters who had or would have some importance. (In two cases they were famous cameos - one a historical character, one a character from a famous shoujo manga. It makes sense in context, honest!)

That said, there's a lot of bugaboo about people really not liking the GM ever stepping into anything resembling the 'place' of the players. Personally, I think that's bullshit, largely because I want to enjoy the game, but I'm willing to hear other arguments. I'd also like to hear how people might mechanically implement them in 13th Age, because gently caress the whole 'building whole characters' without that cool MapTool framework I had that makes me mildly resent Roll20 for saying scripting 'gets in the way' when they were doing their kickstarter way back when. (Seriously, the roleplaying matters, not the physical act of rolling the dice or whatever, holy poo poo.)

Bedlamdan posted:

I'll leave this to people more qualified, but Paizo didn't hire Zak S and apparently was quite nice to a queer fan/employee/something and also things in adventures. (Also, they didn't hire Zak S. Or Monte Cook. Or...) That said, I'm still never loving playing Pathfinder again if I can get away with it.

quote:

I have no idea why this game needs sex-moves or how it's in-genre, but people seem to insist that it's a necessary thing. Personally I just think Vince Baker willingly working on stuff with James Raggi is kinda telling.

I've played enough Fallout to know that pointless, weird sex is a thing. I think the idea is that your character and others are supposed to get into Messy Social Situations, and the Sex Moves are there to encourage sex to have impact. I get the theory, but in practice it doesn't really help and just feels sort of tacked on, especially if you're not playing characters focused on Hot or anything.

That said, other PbtA games have run with it, and there's no reason not to have them, either. They're pretty benign - even live groups can deal with them without it becoming weird if they fade to black. They don't describe the sex, or any sexual acts, they just describe the consequences that come with characters deciding to sleep together. Which, y'know, tends to be a natural result of romance, rather than anything creepy?

Anyone who says they're necessary is kinda ehh, though. They're not completely out of place, but they do feel a bit tacked on, and you could probably run entire games without it coming up. (Also, disclaimer, this is all from second-hand info, but when my live group talks about their messy, interconnected relationships, including sex moves, without anyone feeling uncomfortable, well...)

quote:

I still don't get how it's less creepy than White Wolf when the whole premise is 'you're a monster and this game is about sexual politics with other monsters' as opposed to 'you're a monster first and sure sex might be a thing'

We are talking about the same company, yes? It is, in fact, possible to talk about sex in RPGs without being creepy. It is possible to make RPGs about sex without being creepy. I know this is a thing goons have trouble with, and I know that almost every time it happens in RPGs it's awful, but it is in fact doable!

Basically, White Wolf can get kinda rapey, and Monsterhearts doesn't really have this problem. Is the short version.

quote:

This is another thing I am curious about

It's a bit about how the 'turn someone on' move works and about how the game is really literally all about queer people, who are all sad monsters I guess? I don't want to be seriously loving angry today, so I'll let this slide and just recommend everyone seriously loving use Safe Hearts or something similar, by Avery's own recommendation as well as mine.

(Basically, it's a thing for the same reason I hate Zevran from Dragon Age - I, uh...chafe from being forced into sexual situations with a gender I'm not attracted to. A lot. Also, the implication that being queer itself is suffering rather than...y'know.)

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Bedlamdan posted:

Not sure what Fiona is talking about since I don't think WotC has ever been openly against or hostile to LTBTQ peeps... they did include a paragraph in the 5e phb that reads something like what your 60 year old uncle would say when he's trying to be cool about you being gay but doesn't understand what is/isn't appropriate to say

On a background level there was the pretty transparent attempt on the part of 5e devs to mollify vocal critics of new D&D editions through paying a couple leading angry voices to consult on the game and giving them thanks in the books, and said consultants also happen to be sociopathic misogynists or full on sjw conspiracy theorists

Though Pathfinder devs have been pretty vocal recently about how important exclusivity and diversity are, and a lot more nuanced and articulate too

the EIC of Paizo Publishing posted:

Thank you! Everyone should feel welcome at the game table and, in my opinion, including a diverse range of characters is the easiest way of conveying “You’re all wanted here.”

As for how being gay has influenced my writing, for a long time, I’d say it didn’t. When I was first starting to find my voice, I really tried to blend in and write like all the other people I was reading and working with—I didn’t want to be “just that gay writer.” Now that I feel like I’m more established and have an inkling of what I’m doing, I’m much more comfortable mixing things up. While I still love my dark fantasy and gothic tropes, I see the value of using multiple tools much more these days. Among those, is just the desire to mix things up and write things I haven’t seen before. Another is finding places for queerness in my work. So far this year alone I’ve written stories featuring queer vampires, a bisexual prostitute-detective, and two with male dryads. It’s not not just about getting more LGBTQ characters out there, it’s about looking at my knee-jerk decisions and thinking, “maybe my first choice isn’t the best one.” Five years ago, I might have avoided some of this. Now, screw it. Everyone doesn’t have to like my stuff, but if one person finds something that resounds meaningfully with them, then that could really matter.

It was HUGE for me when I was reading Green Ronin’s Freedom City and found Steven Kenson’s openly gay character Johnny Rocket in there. That’s the first time I saw a character in an RPG that was gay, accepted, heroic, and absolutely not some swishy sterotype. It meant a lot. If I can throw in a few characters here and there with the potential to affect even a small number of readers in the same way, that’s fantastic. And if I can share that inclination with my co-workers and other writers—both established and just starting out—all the better!

Also, I feel like over time it’s made me more open to criticism. I screw up constantly. I say dumb things. I misrepresent myself. I misspell and screw up my grammar. I stammer, trail off, and misspeak. I’ve also accepted that, despite my best efforts, I will screw up. If I say something that unintentionally offends, I’m happy to apologize and try to do better in the future. It’s easy to take criticism as an attack—and even now I often need to step away from the reaction my vulnerable inner artiste’ wants to have, but that’s how you grow as a creative. The best criticism can be “writer medicine.” It can be hard to swallow, and sometimes you need to take lots of it, but stick with it, get stronger, and eventually you won’t need it anymore (at least, for that particular ailment).

I’m sure my experience influences me in a billion other ways—like, it certainly makes me very conscious of the type of person I don’t want to be—but, I’ll leave it at that for now.

Probably helps that he's gay. He talks more about all of that here: http://wesschneider.tumblr.com/post/119315055821/thank-you-for-being-an-advocate-for-diversity-how Paizo's also used their iconics to introduce a lot of diverse ones, even a few that are gay or trans.

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jun 14, 2015

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
Pathfinder has had some lovely stuff in the past (half-orc origins, succubus PrCs) but they've made a lot of good moves lately around queer representation (including good representation of trans people, so far as I can judge).

It's a pity their ruleset is such a PoS.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

inklesspen posted:

Pathfinder has had some lovely stuff in the past (half-orc origins, succubus PrCs) but they've made a lot of good moves lately around queer representation (including good representation of trans people, so far as I can judge).

Yeah I remember specifically someone quoted ancient Paizo drama from their forums where I think someone said "Hey could we get character art where the women aren't obejctified?" and the forums laughed at that. Sean K. Reynolds even showed up to go "lol". There might've been some other stuff too but that entire thing was in the grognards.txt that was moved to the mod only forum for stalking so i don't remember the specifics.

The good news is Sean K. doesn't work for Paizo anymore.... he's been rehired by WotC! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen Fiona
Jan 8, 2008

Nuns with Guns posted:

stuff about Paizo and WotC

This is basically what I was trying to say, yes. At least, to my knowledge - I don't keep up with it that closely, for a variety of reasons.

I dunno. Stuff bugs me about WotC lore in general, I guess? It's probably telling that all my favorite MtG characters are female villains, and also that most of them die horribly in some fashion. (Elesh Norn aside.) But that's more a matter for Debate than the uh...stuff mentioned and such. Then again WotC's D&D team is kind of self-destructing or something, so who loving knows.

inklesspen posted:

I would totally be a succubus in a game given the right context and rules and all, but I suspect what you mean by that is distinctly not in my wheelhouse if it's being mentioned here and also knowing how 3.X PrCs go. Sad to say. Well, a girl can dream...

(It's me, I took Summon Succubus as a 4e Wizard, I'm her. Plus all the Enchantment spells!)

• Locked thread