Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
Ultra Business Tycoon III is one of the best games I have ever played.

Gonna infuse my next Gamma World campaign with gendered slime palaces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
gently caress it. My next Gamma World campaign is just going to BE the plot of Ultra Business Tycoon III.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
By sheer coincidence I'm running Gamma World Thursday as a breather after 2 years of FFG Star Wars.

I have 49 Ke$ha tracks queued up. And 15 OST battle loops.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Ningyou posted:

is ke$ha the official soundtrack of gamma world

I'm going to give it a shot! I think there's huge room in the setting as written. every player is two halves of different classes. wheeled octoid, atomic ai, psychic hummingbird, etc.

play it loose and trashy, run every enemy straight and structural, and fill the world with slime.

Davin Valkri posted:

Also someone who uses a "$" as a substitute for an "s" sounds...ta$tele$$.

I'm sorry you apparently don't "get" trash aesthetic.

fosborb fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jun 1, 2015

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
the valves and chambers were inside you all along.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Davin Valkri posted:

Right! Let's try to find a topic that won't end in fratricidal clique wars!

Uhm...what's a part of world history that you think could be explored more in RPGs? I'd like some more non-Lovecraftian stuff from between WWI and the end of the Cold War but you probably already knew that.

Conquistadors.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

chaos rhames posted:

The most obvious choice is Apocalypse World. There's also Gamma world for more wierd mutant stuff.

I ran Gamma World last week and unfortunately it's just not scratching that Mad Max itch. Part of it is the standard "oh, we're still playing 4e. Let's all idly wait our turn during combat." That really shouldn't have come as a shock, but there it is.

I need a system that models momentum such that
1) momentum impacts available actions of my character and others
2) momentum does not change without resources/actions/other characters' actions making it change
3) the immediate world is volatile enough that momentum must constantly be changed, at risk of crashing, etc.

Maybe a blind action mechanic. Lay down Whip a lovely, Brawl, Gun It and other PCs/NPCs do the same and you resolve together. During Brawl you get a few actions to deal with whatever is currently leaping on to, crawling around, flame throwing your semi, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
i've never run Cthulhu anything before and last night I said gently caress it and ran eldritch horror in Dread. Cribbed heavily -- players wake up with no memory of the prior night, in a Vegas hotel room with the groom missing, a dead DEA agent, symbols written in blood all around the room, and, once they open the curtains, the entire city on fire.

There was lots of Sinatra mixed with ambient horror tracks. And a bit of SF 10-33.

It was Really Good.

• Locked thread