Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord

Ningyou posted:

okay this thread is now about being an anime but like not gross and longwinded and Too Anime like exalted

let's talk about anime elfgames that don't have weird gross rapewizard poo poo or ~~~~~~~~~~~ravishing~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ or w/e

i'd be like GOLLY HOW BOUT WE SHARE OUR FIRST EXPERIENCES WITH ANIME-THEMED ELFGAMES bc ~inspired~ by the LESSER JUNEY-COME-LATELY CHAT THREAD but not sure if good idea help

My first elfanimegame was a BESM 2nd edition game run by a grognard who had his own unique anime version of the "girlfriend in canada" thing; his super-awesome wife who was a medical student and also a trained martial artist, and her family owned a big estate in Japan. Every time he had a GMPC, it was in some way his self-insert, and he insisted on having a second GMPC to represent his Japanese doctor martial artist wife except coincidentally he'd be playing that GMPC as well (also he was a retired Army ranger who was required by the terms of his discharge to carry a firearm with him wherever he went so evil communists couldn't kidnap him and steal the knowledge in his mind).

It lasted about five sessions. I played a Lensman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord

Queen Fiona posted:

Instead, I'm going to ask people about campaigns they're planning on running in the Near Future, or maybe just Dream Campaigns in general! (I've got a few.)

1. I've always wanted to do a sort of post-war Harry Potter game about rebuilding their society, with some sort of flashback mechanic to let your PC's experiences during the war provide bonuses to your efforts during reconstruction.
  2. Dramasystem campaign about life at the Citadel at the end of Fury Road
  3. Ashen Stars Mass Effect hack about a gang of roving freelance police
  4. A ORE(Reign) game set in Final Fantasy XII about a gang of roving freelance police sky pirates
  5. As inspired by someone in grogs.txt, a NBA "The President has been kidnapped by vampires" over the top game.

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Buglord

Bad Seafood posted:

Looking to dip my toes into a wider pool of RP options. While I'm not exactly strapped for cash, cheap and/or free systems are preferred.

To give a starting point, I've played or am at least somewhat familiar with Risus, Dogs in the Vineyard, Microlite20, Fate Accelerated, and Maid RPG. The majority of my RP experience has been with Microlite, followed by Fate.

Free games:

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Buglord
Pathfinder has had some lovely stuff in the past (half-orc origins, succubus PrCs) but they've made a lot of good moves lately around queer representation (including good representation of trans people, so far as I can judge).

It's a pity their ruleset is such a PoS.

• Locked thread