Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Someone should make an rpg based on the aesthetics of Grimes.

Wait, that's just a Dune rpg.

Wait, is there a good Dune rpg?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Halloween Jack posted:

There is a French one that's supposed to be good, got supplements and everything, but in French. Hope you speak moon.

French ain't moon, hon.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

I kinda want to run a star wars campaign now based on a continuity where Wash fakes his death, flees, and becomes Han Solo, resulting in Sana Solo coming after him.

Also, actual asian people.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

No, Sansa Solo is from my terrible New Republic Game of Thrones mashup idea

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah the difference is nobody except real Bram Stoker nerds knows or cares about Lair of the White Worm, while Lovecraft's stuff is everywhere.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

See, I disagree there- there's value and power in struggling against the inevitable. There are a lot of things that can't be changed by one man that nevertheless must be opposed.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

yeah, running Lovecraftian horror well requires a balance - you have to balance the horror of being an insignificant speck in the grand scheme of things with making sure your players know that at the end of the day, specks can still change things, and that dying to save a little girl isn't any less meaningful because one day the stars will be right and all things die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

nChangeling is heavily influenced by lovecraftian themes, if not by the actual mythos- the True Fae are basically stand ins for the Old Gods in terms of themeing. I honestly think nChangeling is pretty close to what I would consider Lovecraftian Themeing Done Right.

edit: like literally doing a find and replace with "True Fae" and "Nylarthotep," then one with "changeling" and "former cultist/cultist's child/kidnapping victim" and you'd end up with basically a Lovecraft game with a fae twist.

K Prime fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jun 5, 2015

• Locked thread