Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Looking to dip my toes into a wider pool of RP options. While I'm not exactly strapped for cash, cheap and/or free systems are preferred.

To give a starting point, I've played or am at least somewhat familiar with Risus, Dogs in the Vineyard, Microlite20, Fate Accelerated, and Maid RPG. The majority of my RP experience has been with Microlite, followed by Fate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I'm open to anything, in theory.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Whoop, got distracted and totally forgot about my post.

Queen Fiona posted:

We're going to need a bit more to go on than that, I think! Could you give us an idea of what you enjoyed or didn't from the systems you've had experience with? That can give us more to go on when suggesting other directions.
Ah, sorry. Thought you guys were asking something else, though my answer doesn't change a whole lot.

Basically the longest-running group I've ever been a part of is sort of splitting up, some of us going overseas, others busy with new jobs. I'd like to continue to RP in the future, but with the loss the group I'm going to have to make do with PBP and skype goons. The previous games I listed are literally the only games I have any familiarity with, so I'm trying to increase the range of potential games I could join (or host). When I said "Anything," I meant it. I'm looking to expand my horizons. I won't say no to giving most things a once-over.

Microlite is probably my favorite of the games I shared, which I understand functions like a D&D digest. I prefer storytelling/character acting to dungeon crawling, but enjoy the latter too. I found Fate good for spinning a narrative but poor for dealing with combat. Does that help any?

Angrymog posted:

Atomic Highway is cool and free vi Drivethru RPG

inklesspen posted:

Free games:

Will check these out, thanks.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Queen Fiona posted:

A bunch of helpful suggestions.
Thanks.

• Locked thread