Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

My first anime elfgame was Mekton Zeta, but we only ever played a couple of one-shots.

I really liked Big Eyes, Small Mouth back in the day, but looking at it now it seems to be slightly bad. :( Just picked up OVA 2nd which seems to owe a lot of its basic design to BESM, though it's certainly not a clone.

Overall though, anime-elfgame is a bit of a wierd genre, as anime itself is a medium, not a genre; I'd probably pick a system that matched the anime system I was trying to model rather than use one of the specifically anime games unless I just wanted a LOL-Random. Where they do win out is being fairly light, effects-based multi-genre games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I normally have no patience for Chthulu and horror gaming in general (being powerless in the face of incomprehensible horrors isn't really my cup of tea), but the Laundry Files games and books are pretty good (except when Stross is going on about how wonderful Mo and his new character that breaks the rules about how to do magic* are). The world is hosed and it's hosed pretty soon, but it doesn't feel as though the characters are wasting their time.

* She can do magic with her brainmeats and this apparently does not gently caress her up

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Bad Seafood posted:

I'm open to anything, in theory.

Atomic Highway is cool and free vi Drivethru RPG

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I have bought Cat goes Fishing.

That's it.

There were a couple I was tempted by - City Skylines and Endless Legend, but my backlog is so absurdly large, that I really can't justify it.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Nuns with Guns posted:

yeah I'll see if the normal game goes on sale for more but if not I'll grab that one since I've had to move computers like three times and apparently even loading up an imported save file in DS2 is enough to get you soft-banned

LOL. From actually care about PC hackers?

• Locked thread