Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Vahakyla posted:

US Fighters fought during Kosovo in 1999.

Ultimately though, stuff involving modern craft is relevant, too, considering US Allies and buyers of its fighters.

Israeli planes also have been shooty shooty for god knows how many times but they are all hush hush.

The Kosovo shootdowns were all done with AMRAAMs. Ie beyond visual range kills, not dogfights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Kalman posted:

The Kosovo shootdowns were all done with AMRAAMs. Ie beyond visual range kills, not dogfights.

I'd have to look up the specifics of these particular engagements, but the idea that if an AMRAAM was used, it didn't involve any dogfights means you don't know what the gently caress you are talking about. I hope that this helps.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

The Post and Courier is reporting that an AME church is ablaze in Greeleyville, SC. The article notes that "was burned to the ground by the KKK in 1995."

The above image comes via P&C reporter Melissa Boughton's Twitter feed.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I think in these dark times like these...we need to look at the art of John McNaughton
Specifically

Obamanation
One Nation Under God

I would absolutely hang "Obamanation" on my wall. I don't particularly feel like giving this guy money, though. What to do...

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

mdemone posted:

I would absolutely hang "Obamanation" on my wall. I don't particularly feel like giving this guy money, though. What to do...

http://jonmcnaughton.com/content/ZoomDetailPages/Obamanation_files/obamanation_imgmap_zoom.jpg

Take that jpeg to a printer

its 3200x2160 which I think would blow up pretty well

Edit: Liberalism is a disease

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jul 1, 2015

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

http://jonmcnaughton.com/content/ZoomDetailPages/Obamanation_files/obamanation_imgmap_zoom.jpg

gently caress yeah, I didn't even think of scraping his page source. Why would you put that high-res on your space when you're trying to sell prints?!? :psyduck:

poo poo's my new desktop wallpaper until I can find a printer with good prices.

Edit: I didn't even see the rooster, what the gently caress :laffo:

Edit 2: It keeps getting better the more I look at it. Why is there an autographed football? Why is there a drunk cop?

mdemone fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jul 1, 2015

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Edit: Liberalism is a disease

Second from the right, in the front row; is that Einstein?

Nevermind, it's Hoffman.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

mdemone posted:

gently caress yeah, I didn't even think of scraping his page source. Why would you put that high-res on your space when you're trying to sell prints?!? :psyduck:

Here is the interactive painting

http://jonmcnaughton.com/content/ZoomDetailPages/Obamanation.html

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

Second from the right, in the front row; is that Einstein?

Nevermind, it's Hoffman.

Sean Penn

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

mlmp08 posted:

I'd have to look up the specifics of these particular engagements, but the idea that if an AMRAAM was used, it didn't involve any dogfights means you don't know what the gently caress you are talking about. I hope that this helps.

Last I checked, dogfighting was all about close turning brawls dominated mostly by guns with the occasional snap missile fire as opportunity allowed.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Free cake for everyone? Man, the homosexual agenda gets better and better every day!

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Last I checked, dogfighting was all about close turning brawls dominated mostly by guns with the occasional snap missile fire as opportunity allowed.

I guess last you checked was 1967.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
McNaughton needs to do a joint project with DDees.

edit

Neurolimal posted:

I don't know what conservatives have against gary, i mean he's a slacker but he means well

Really this is just going to hurt their polling numbers.

Dammit :eng99:

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jul 1, 2015

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

mlmp08 posted:

I guess last you checked was 1967.

Well come on then champ, surely you can give a better example of what a real dogfight actually is. I mean, surely you're not just shooting your mouth off because it contradicts the idea that, while having a gun mount is still a good idea for various reasons, air combat is mostly long-range fire and forget missile poo poo these days.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Well come on then champ, surely you can give a better example of what a real dogfight actually is. I mean, surely you're not just shooting your mouth off because it contradicts the idea that, while having a gun mount is still a good idea for various reasons, air combat is mostly long-range fire and forget missile poo poo these days.

If you're being sincere I'll PM you. But this thread has been derailed enough.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mdemone posted:

Edit 2: It keeps getting better the more I look at it. Why is there an autographed football? Why is there a drunk cop?

Why is there a picture of Osama and Kadaffi? Can't imagine a right winger is mad at Obama's role in both of their deaths.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

evilweasel posted:

Why is there a picture of Osama and Kadaffi? Can't imagine a right winger is mad at Obama's role in both of their deaths.

quote:

Gaddafi
Gaddafi was not on most people’s favorite person list. He was a brutal dictator that was involved in past terrorism and at one point was a nuclear threat. In 2011, after the Arab Spring Uprising in Egypt, a similar rebellion began to emerge in Libya to overthrow Gaddafi. As the tide began to turn in favor of Gaddafi, Obama chose to lead a NATO attack against Libya to help the cause of “democracy” (for humanitarian reasons of course). Not only was the attack an unconstitutional act of unprovoked aggression, but again, as in Egypt, we see the Muslim Brotherhood and other radical Islamic organization jockeying for power. It’s the old frying pan into the fire scenario. Obama believed he was legally justified in his actions because of a UN treaty from 1983. Does the UN trump the US Constitution?

quote:

Osama Bin Laden
America cheered as we heard the news that Obama had led the mission to take down Osama Bin Laden. After years of denouncing interrogation techniques such as “waterboarding” Obama was fully comfortable taking credit for Bin Laden’s assassination, which would not have occurred had the proper intelligence not been gleaned via waterboarding. Of course, Seal Team Six had a small part to play. Obama declared, “We should not use this as a time to spike the football;” when referring to the release of the grisly pictures. But it wasn’t long before Obama was speaking openly about the event and taking credit for political purposes. This brought the prompt rebuke of the military and Seal Team Six.

He is mad at Obama's role in both their deaths.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

mdemone posted:

quote:

For more than 20 years, Barack Obama attended the sermons of Reverend Jeremiah Wright. Wright is notorious for his condemnation of the 9/11 attack that it was proof, “America’s chickens are coming home to roost” and such statements as “…not God Bless America. God drat America.” Although Obama claims he did not hear such rhetoric while attending the Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago, Wright was Obama’s closest spiritual advisor for many years.

quote:

Yes, Obama spiked the football as he took credit for Bin Laden’s assassination. Notice, he even signed it!

quote:

Sergeant James Crowley arrested a professor from Cambridge for going into a verbal rage after officers asked for some identification while investigating a report of a break-in at this home. He was charged with disorderly conduct, which was later dropped. It happened that the professor was a friend of Obama, and without reviewing the facts, Obama made the statement that the cop had “acted stupidly.” Realizing his error, Obama, instead of apologizing, invited both men to the White House for a beer and to make it all good; famously named, “The Beer Summit.” As Obama triumphantly led the two men to the White House Rose Garden it was very telling to watch the police officer gently offer his arm to the elderly professor as they walked down the steps together. Where was Obama? Preparing for his next photo op.

evilweasel posted:

quote:

America cheered as we heard the news that Obama had led the mission to take down Osama Bin Laden. After years of denouncing interrogation techniques such as “waterboarding” Obama was fully comfortable taking credit for Bin Laden’s assassination, which would not have occurred had the proper intelligence not been gleaned via waterboarding. Of course, Seal Team Six had a small part to play. Obama declared, “We should not use this as a time to spike the football;” when referring to the release of the grisly pictures. But it wasn’t long before Obama was speaking openly about the event and taking credit for political purposes. This brought the prompt rebuke of the military and Seal Team Six.

quote:

Gaddafi was not on most people’s favorite person list. He was a brutal dictator that was involved in past terrorism and at one point was a nuclear threat. In 2011, after the Arab Spring Uprising in Egypt, a similar rebellion began to emerge in Libya to overthrow Gaddafi. As the tide began to turn in favor of Gaddafi, Obama chose to lead a NATO attack against Libya to help the cause of “democracy” (for humanitarian reasons of course). Not only was the attack an unconstitutional act of unprovoked aggression, but again, as in Egypt, we see the Muslim Brotherhood and other radical Islamic organization jockeying for power. It’s the old frying pan into the fire scenario. Obama believed he was legally justified in his actions because of a UN treaty from 1983. Does the UN trump the US Constitution?

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
It has an on-fire Arizona flag.

Owns.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
He appears to hate Bush the Younger as well.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

GalacticAcid posted:

The Post and Courier is reporting that an AME church is ablaze in Greeleyville, SC. The article notes that "was burned to the ground by the KKK in 1995."

The above image comes via P&C reporter Melissa Boughton's Twitter feed.

Aw geez not another one :(

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

GlyphGryph posted:

He is mad at Obama's role in both their deaths.

Ahahahaha Christ.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

mlmp08 posted:

I am.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

I like how conservatives are very salty about the Libyan intervention.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Stop burning black folks' churches, racist hicks.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Aerial dogfighting has about the same equivalence as a bayonet charge in modern warfare. If you're doing it, it's either you have a point to prove or something hosed up.

For example, Iran and Iraq had advanced aerial weapons like F-14s and BVR AAM missiles, but they ending up engaged in dogfights throughout the Iran-Iraq War largely because their air forces were unskilled in order to use those weapons properly. I'm pretty sure the same happened in Ethiopia vs. Eritrea, inexperienced pilots using unfamiliar weapons not using the ordinance properly and having to close range and go to guns.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Jack2142 posted:

Let's be fair, there are also supposed leftists who think it was a Jew Conspiracy.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

As a Jew, I wish someone would tell me where to go sign up for the conspiracy. For that matter, could someone tell me where to get the bag of Jew gold Cartman said I was born with? I'm ready to embrace my heritage!

Blackjack2000
Mar 29, 2010

Young Freud posted:

Aerial dogfighting has about the same equivalence as a bayonet charge in modern warfare. If you're doing it, it's either you have a point to prove or something hosed up.

For example, Iran and Iraq had advanced aerial weapons like F-14s and BVR AAM missiles, but they ending up engaged in dogfights throughout the Iran-Iraq War largely because their air forces were unskilled in order to use those weapons properly. I'm pretty sure the same happened in Ethiopia vs. Eritrea, inexperienced pilots using unfamiliar weapons not using the ordinance properly and having to close range and go to guns.

As has been mentioned, stealth will become more common making BVR engagements more difficult, but even today traditional fighter abilities are important. You have to consider missile engagement envelopes, e.g. If your aircraft is 20k feet lower than the aircraft you're engaging, your missile has a much shorter range. There's no guarantee that you even detect, forget engage, the enemy before you get into visual range. My understanding is that IR missile engagement remains common (as far as air-air combat goes), and it's not because the pilot hosed up.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Nintendo Kid posted:

Let's be fair, there are also supposed leftists who think it was a Jew Conspiracy.

I mean at least they oppose Iraq etc. it's stupid consistency instead of hypocrisy.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Jack2142 posted:

Another hole in one, Barry!

Oh poo poo! You beat the Devil and won a golden fiddle, too? Best president in living memory!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
So Bobby Jindal pulled an Obama in Louisiana to pass a 'Religious Freedom' order that allows clerks to discriminate against gays seeking marriage.

The ACLU and multiple others have sued. IBM cancelled their ribbon cutting in the state.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Another hole in one, Barry!

New background time.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

CommieGIR posted:

So Bobby Jindal pulled an Obama in Louisiana to pass a 'Religious Freedom' order that allows clerks to discriminate against gays seeking marriage.

The ACLU and multiple others have sued. IBM cancelled their ribbon cutting in the state.

The free market has spoken. :worship:

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

mlmp08 posted:

I find this discussion interesting, or potentially so, even it may not be super thread relevant.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
So the Clinton emails are out

Its like Veep

No, seriously, it's like Veep

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
This goddamn Iran deal which Obama is hellbent upon is only going to embolden Iran to engage in terrorism with increased funding, get millions killed in several genocides, and result in a nuclear mideast.

Damnit, Obama admin, quit being so weak and desperate for something to add as a library by-line, and win won by only accepting a good deal and bombing select targets to force it.

Fried Chicken posted:

Its like Veep

Veep is all that much more funny when you realize it's a mostly realistic portrayal of how an Obama admin would have turned out if Hillary hadn't gone all 3AM in desperation.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Hahhah

What's the supposed meat of these new emails

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Fried Chicken posted:

Its like Veep

I'm glad I'm on the same level as Clinton in hating faxes. Who the gently caress still bothers with that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Lessail posted:

Aw geez not another one :(

So... how about that war on Christianity, huh? Republicans? Fox news? Got a whole lot of Christian churches burning down...

*crickets*

Hmmm, I wonder why this spree of attacks on Christian churches in the United States isn't getting talked about very much.

• Locked thread