Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Saguaro PI posted:

You don't need to see the others, they're all really bad.

nah, road warrior and beyond thunderdome are genre classics for a reason, the first five minutes of Fury Road tells you everything you need to know about the first entire movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Saguaro PI posted:

What, no.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
but, like, how feminist are the other three movies?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Terrible things happen to women who aren't Tina Turner, and this upsets Max a lot.

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree

01011001 posted:

What, no.

When you've watched the other three movies you realise why Fury Road is a two-hour car chase because those bits were the only time anything of value was happening in the first three.

Dec 26, 2012

Or maybe it's because car chases rule.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Car chases are the best thing a movie can have

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The real question is: if I enjoyed Fury Road, should I watch Happy Feet?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

My Lovely Horse posted:

The real question is: if I enjoy life, should I watch Happy Feet?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Car chases are the best thing a movie can have
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Burt Reynolds and Tom Selleck need to do a 70s-style car chase movie together.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

My Lovely Horse posted:

FactsAreUseless posted:

Top Ten Most Mad Max Films:

1. Mad Max: Fury Road
2. The Handmaid's Tale
3. The Hunger Games
4. Mean Girls
5. Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome
6. Mad Max: The Road Warrior
7. Bridesmaids
8. Untitled Melissa McCarthy Project (2017)
9. Josie and the Pussycats
10. Mad Max
It's not on the list.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

FactsAreUseless posted:

What was the first game you ever played? How badly did you mess up the rules? Some friends and I tried to play a lot of Second Edition Dungeons and Dragons but it turns out that it doesn't make any sense to children and we mostly just got confused and hosed things up. And we didn't do well in the game, either!

Advanced Fighting Fantasy, and we didn't gently caress up the rules because they were dead simple. I also wrote a lovely home brew based on the manual of the Bards Tale, some Fighting Fantasy gamebooks, AFF, and what I could remember from having browsed through the Pools of Radiance in manual in a computer shop. Sadly it's lost to the dustbins of time or I'd type it up so people could have a jolly good laugh at it.

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013

My Lovely Horse posted:

You should definitely watch Babe and Babe 2.

Also,goddamn people, there is not a bad Mad Max movie. What is wrong with all of you?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mafia is a good and fun game.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Italy is the Dark Souls of Europe.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Saguaro PI posted:

what

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

Bedlamdan posted:

but, like, how feminist are the other three movies?

Well the apocalypse was seemingly caused by a rampant culture of male violence, so I guess I'd say they are generally pretty feminist. I mean, they were also products of their time, but they certainly come off better than, say, die hard, in terms of how they portray women.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Can anydice evaluate success probabilities of opposed rolls? If not, can a different tool do it?

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Can anydice evaluate success probabilities of opposed rolls? If not, can a different tool do it?

Without going to anydice, I would think you should be able to do it. If not directly, then via a quick transformation.

To compare one roll to another, you can do the first roll minus the second and compare it to zero (or, say, compare it to 3 if you want to win by 3). If anydice doesn't let you subtract rolls, you can replace -1d6 with (1d6-7), for example, to get the same distribution. So to compare 3d8 to 4d6, you could roll 3d8+4d6-28.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

gradenko_2000 posted:

can't you just have it output (3d6) > (2d6)

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

If you're talking on a d20, someone's done the work for you: https://klubkev.org/~ksulliva/ralph/dnd-stats.html

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

My Lovely Horse posted:

If you're talking on a d20, someone's done the work for you: https://klubkev.org/~ksulliva/ralph/dnd-stats.html

This was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo posted:

can't you just have it output (3d6) > (2d6)

yep you can, just confirmed

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

Mafia is a good and fun game.

True, but mafia players are bad people

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Jimbozig posted:

, die hard, in terms of how they portray women.

There were women in Die Hard?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

bunnielab posted:

Just the fax, ma'am. Just the fax.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

bunnielab posted:

Yes.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Any goons looking to meet up at Origins? I'll be there on Friday during the afternoon and evening, though a lot of that will be taken up by the Smithee Awards in the evening.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Huh. Admittedly I haven't seen it sense I was like 13, but all I remember is the fat cop from that TV show, Bruce Willis' nasty feet, and some dude chainsawing through a huge bundle of power lines.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Evil Sagan posted:

True, but mafia players are bad people

I'm probably going to run xcom mafia soon

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

bunnielab posted:

Huh. Admittedly I haven't seen it sense I was like 13, but all I remember is the fat cop from that TV show, Bruce Willis' nasty feet, and some dude chainsawing through a huge bundle of power lines.
What's the deal with your avatar?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

FactsAreUseless posted:

What's the deal with your avatar?

The picture is of a near nude I posted of myself years ago that someone photoshopped clothing onto. The pony poo poo was added when some rich nut spent months buying TFR regulars MLP versions of their avatars. Like, maybe 50-60 over a year.

The txt is from someone who was upset that I espoused the idea that belief in science is a type of faith, in that "I have faith that this new drug/food additive/construction material/fuel will not give me cancer 30 years down the road".

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Okay, in no relation to the previous post, anyone who doesn't check out the TG as an industry thread needs to know that Stafford and Peterson are in charge of Chasioum now. I'm very excited about this.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Any goons looking to meet up at Origins? I'll be there on Friday during the afternoon and evening, though a lot of that will be taken up by the Smithee Awards in the evening.

East poo poo funcon havers. :argh:

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

I'm probably going to run xcom mafia soon

God loving damnit.

Let me just dig up my day 1 grudgevote list...

Tulpa
Aug 8, 2014

Loki_XLII posted:

You should definitely watch Babe and Babe 2.

Also,goddamn people, there is not a bad Mad Max movie. What is wrong with all of you?

Agreeing with this post, though Babe: Pig in the City is better than Babe (the real reason I was hype for Fury Road before it came out was not because George Miller directed the original trilogy, but because he directed Pig in the City)

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

bunnielab posted:

The picture is of a near nude I posted of myself years ago that someone photoshopped clothing onto. The pony poo poo was added when some rich nut spent months buying TFR regulars MLP versions of their avatars. Like, maybe 50-60 over a year.

The txt is from someone who was upset that I espoused the idea that belief in science is a type of faith, in that "I have faith that this new drug/food additive/construction material/fuel will not give me cancer 30 years down the road".

you know when someone asks you that you're supposed to lie and not admit to posting near nudes of your neckbeard

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

bunnielab posted:

you're no micromancer

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Nuns with Guns posted:

you know when someone asks you that you're supposed to lie and not admit to posting near nudes of your neckbeard

It is such an unflattering and awful picture I cannot help but have some sick pride in it. It hung proudly in my old boss's office window for years, creeping out many a lumber delivery guy.

Captain Foo posted:

you're no micromancer

None of us are.

Game question; as a kid I had a copy of some older edition of "Gamma World". I remember it was insanely complex, had some kind of solo play module in it, and a prominent picture of a four-armed dude with a quad barrel shotgun. Anyone have an idea what book or box set it was? I had it in the early 90's but I bought it at a used book store so I don't know how old it could be. I looked at a bunch of covers on Google but nothing is ringing a bell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

bunnielab posted:

It is such an unflattering and awful picture I cannot help but have some sick pride in it. It hung proudly in my old boss's office window for years, creeping out many a lumber delivery guy.

yes but has your dick ever been complimented by 4chan?

• Locked thread