Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

So this morning I was looking for my old Goosebumps books for work and I stumbled on a box of old tg stuff. A couple precons from .hack//enemy, all my old LotR hex game figs, and my copy of Pimp: the Backhanding. I was initially excited about that last one but looking it over again it doesn't actually look fun. 18 year old me had terrible taste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Don't feel bad. 18 year old everybody had terrible taste.

I just remember it being way funnier than it is.

the rules posted:

Designate a card bitch and have him divide the
100 cards into three decks according to the logo
on the card backs: a Pimp Deck, a Ho Deck and a
Draw Deck. Have the card bitch shuffle each deck
and fetch a couple six-sided dice. (Not included.
Raid your little sister’s Sugar Chutes game). While
not technically required for play, a nice malt liquor
or your favorite vintage of fortified wine is also a
fine game accessory.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I am a hardboiled bandit.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I debated stopping in at Origins today since I'm already in Columbus but the last time I stopped in on a Saturday there weren't any events that sounded interesting and the vendor hall is a shadow of how it was when I first started going to conventions in 06. After Origins 2010 we decided to just go to Gencon instead and it was the best decision we could have made.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I'm at a mall with a Barnes & Noble that has the Legendary Alien game and it looks pretty swanky. I read a couple reviews while I waited for the girlfriend to get done with whatever she was doing and it sounds fun. Is it worth $60?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Is there a RPG system that accurately portrays the world of a police procedural?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Yes. Gumshoe is designed for precisely that sort of thing.

Welp I know what I want to try and find at Gencon then. A gumshoe game. Because I want to be the loose cannon cop who demands someone enhances that video some more.

Meanwhile another player needs to roll an enhance check to figure out what the exact pattern on that shoe is.

Then a third person uses their esoteric knowledge of shoes to know that there were only 50 of that particular shoe made and it was only sold to special people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I know they've come up before but are there any RPG podcasts preferably of actual play sessions that are at the most PG? I listen to podcasts and audiobooks at work but it's a day care so I can't be listening to a podcast that uses words deemed "inappropriate."

• Locked thread