Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doodmons
Jan 17, 2009
First RPG I ever played was D&D 3.5, like many others of my age. It was one session, there were 14 players and I was playing a Dwarf Fighter. In my foolishness I thought shield bashing people with my spiked tower shield was a good idea. The DM threw me a bone since I had done exactly gently caress-all all evening and had me power bomb a lizard man out of a window. Only other thing of note I did was hustle my now girlfriend out of a Warhammer +1 because I'd played Neverwinter Nights and knew how much a Warhammer +1 was worth. I didn't really mess up any rules thanks to having played a whole shitload of Neverwinter Nights and, you know, being a Fighter. The session was a straight dungeon crawl with barely any roleplaying. Six months later I GM'd Paranoia. A month after that I GM'd Wild Talents. I never really looked back, now I'm the career GM.

Although actually I haven't GM'd anything in about six months since uni student and exams and all that. I've just been in an oWoD and a nWoD vampire game and it's been a nice change of pace to not be in the GM seat. Looking forward to getting back into it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doodmons
Jan 17, 2009

Lichtenstein posted:

Is there anything interesting to Dindavara other than being black notjapan?

I like that the default time period the book is set in is about to be plunged into a massive war between Dindavara and the Empire because the treaty that was signed between them after the last war is worded something like "and there shall be peace between our nations for as long as we live, and our children, our children's children and their children" which the Imperials took to mean "in perpetuity" and the Dindavarans have been literally counting and are making lots of noise that the last old man is about to die and then it's on. Other cool things they have include Dindavaran Death Forging, the magic school of quenching swords into living beings (up to and including full-blown demons) when you make them to get kek magic swords; Stoneheart Guardians who are pretty much religious fanatics whose magic school turns them into a psychopath who cannot fall asleep; the only formal military training program in the entire world; Game of Thrones happening between shockingly well armed houses of nobles. They're sort of aesthetically feudal japan but I'd really liken their culture more to Sparta. Military service is literally everything and the nobility are defined by the art of war and combat. I believe the stated reason for why peasants aren't real people is because they are not allowed to hold swords. Foreigners are obviously evil because some of them use swords and they definitely haven't been given the okay by the Sword-Father.

• Locked thread