Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

I agree anime is bad, but I like this gif. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

paradoxGentleman posted:

What I am trying to make isn't fantasy Egypt or fantasy India (although those are both very nice and interesting ideas) but a whole world from scratch, with all its own different civilizations and cultures. I asked because I do intend to borrow some elements of real life cultures while doing it; but I feel that you advice is just as valid in my situation, so thank you.

Its extra valid because irl is almost always stranger than fiction. Making a fantasy expy of x culture is generally ok, but in researching you often find out lesser known cool poo poo that inspires you more than a quick wiki page does.

E: especially when you have multiple cultures clashing.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Tulpa posted:

It's a mystery why anyone stuck with real time with pause, given that as far as I know no one liked it.

I liked it*

*In the Knights of the Old Republic games.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Night10194 posted:

In fairness, it sounds like the white guys got some pretty cool hooks to work with there. No pun intended.

As a cannibal barbarian werewolf I agree.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Tollymain posted:

really you shouldn't be letting anything crap on your tabletop games, that's unsanitary

• Locked thread