Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

The first roll-playing game I ever played/ran was a game of my own then pre 10 year old devising that was based on Final Fantasy on the NES and Shining Force on the Genesis. The rules were made up as I went along and the character sheet was essentially a long list of letters which I apparently associated with rpgs (GP, Ep, EXP, SP, AP, ST, DX, INT, etc...) My stepfather had told me about D&D, but had also said me and my brothers were too young to play it, so we made up our own design. Game play involved aping console RPGs by wandering around a town and speaking to townsfolk who had only one response to any query.

Later I found a copy of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and other Strangeness and incorporated my vast misunderstandings of rules and my collection of only 6 sided dice into running that poorly. Eventually I was bought one of the the AD&D Starter box sets for my birthday with a Monstrous Manual, collected a good deal of 2E stuff before picking up Star Wars D6, which I played and hacked to pieces for Star Trek and a World War 2 fighter aces Gi Joe style game. As a youth, I probably had the most fun with Star Wars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I would probably go with the whole Red Martian egg laying thing for births, and go all Roman Emperor on inheritance. The parent picks the heir, and various events may entice the parent to pick another heir, possibly even an adopted child. This fosters competition for the children who may or may not feel compelled to off each other, but who always feel the need to watch their back. The Heir is generally expected to care for the rest of his or her siblings after inheritance, but this again really depends on the general proclivities of the chosen heir.

• Locked thread