Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

I'll have you know, foxes have the finest call in nature

gradenko_2000 posted:

That's still a darn sight better though than another Iron Heroes instance where the players engineered an elaborate plan to sneak onto a pirate island by shimmying across two sheer cliffs, only to find that nobody had ranks in Use Rope (which mercifully the DM just handwaved away)

An RPG where each class is based entirely on a ridiculously specific d20 skill. The Ropemaster. The Listener. The Decipherer of Scripts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

I'll have you know, foxes have the finest call in nature
REIGN doesn't even make a big deal out of its setting. The women cavalry thing is a sidebar, a curiosity. If I remember it right, it's only halfway through the book that it mentions that oh, by the way, everyone's black, and it's over in a sentence or two. None of the things people make Issues out of are treated as Issues in the book. The book just wants to chill and talk about clothing and food and martial arts and how wizards are creepy people and cool plot hooks based on Terminator 2 demons.

REIGN is great.

• Locked thread