Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Italy is the Dark Souls of Europe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

First game was greatest Brazilian and non-Ars Magica, non-Exalted rpg Defensores de Tóquio 3rd edition on the school library with a friend of mine that introduced me to the hobby. Years later we drifted on different directions and he died in a car accident. RIP Leonardo.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Fuego Fish posted:

I dunno, I dislike playing over-the-internet games which aren't PbP. I like time to think about my actions, and that usually ends up meaning my character falls to the wayside because I'm not "engaging" enough, simply because I'm not constantly trying to talk.

On the other hand the game won't stop and die for months because someone is holding off their turn bro.

E: i GM a game on IRC and used to play on a lot of those on sup/tg/

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Effectronica posted:

where's bookworld

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jimbozig posted:

So Chicago and Mt Rushmore traded places because Chicagoans were sick of having such great weather. Detroit pulled up stakes and floated through the sky to chase New York into the Atlantic. When GenCon decided to move to Niagara Falls due to homophobic laws, the rest of Indianapolis decided to tag along. Tijuana was renamed "Tombstone" after Val Kilmer, Kurt Russel and Bill Paxton were found having a threesome there. The Mississippi was diverted to flow into the Atlantic, presumably in order to fix up the trouble between Georgia and Tennessee over water rights.

Okay, I buy it.

It's a JRPG about 1800s America dude.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FMguru posted:

I've always been not-so-secretly delighted by the downtown of WW's fortunes that occurred right around when Pimp:The Backhanding came out. :unsmith:

I don't because when it comes to White Wolf I love the drat product.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Real good handicraft Winson. You should make a living of it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Do you like Pokémon?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's true. Normally there aren't pigs in cities.

There are, they just patrol around in police cars.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Simple plots work all the time for many JRPGs because they have good mechanics to back it up or even good writing to present it, just trust on your little bro and try to think outside of the box but still using the tools you are presented with.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Why would you need guides and tools? Skype and Roll20 aren't that counter-intuitive, on my personal experience playing we just spoke through voice chat and stuff, cracked jokes, made turns and stuff?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Elective Gavelkind *shudders*

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I was talking to a friend about how new Scion actually looks preyed cool and actually playable and he asked me about the premise and when I said he was like "That's sounds more Percy Jackson than American Gods" and I got pretty bummed.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

As some of you are aware, the Pathfinder Online MMO launched to our faithful Kickstarter backers back in January and they’ve been helping us bring the world of the River Kingdoms to life! And now you too can join in on these adventures!

This is the perfect opportunity to get involved with Pathfinder Online and continue to help us craft a game that will entertain for years to come! The developers at Goblinworks constantly interact with the Paizo and Pathfinder communities and are implementing their feedback on a regular basis. This is your chance to get in on the ground floor and make your mark on the game and in the River Kingdoms. This style of MMO needs players to craft the world, build settlements, create alliances, and shape the game so come and be a part of something very special. Jump into the game today with a FREE 15-day trial account and help change the River Kingdoms forever!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Let's make a mothershitting LLJK guild and grief the poopnuggets out of this game. But really, Pathfinder Online is looking frickin' Epic, and a 15 Day Trial will be sure to bring more people to play it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Frig off, Sword Art Online was the best anime of 2013 and hell, of this decade.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

NachtSieger posted:

SAO is garbage.

Hello, SAO.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

anime is bad

Why you think so, other than the fact you are a cretin?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Well, D&D 4e lets you play as a good amount of monster races without level adjustment crap...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

4e is some goddamn win.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Someone run a "Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou" game on it, for the love of God.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Pretty sure God's love wouldn't enter into it.

Allah (All Praise goes to Him) loves all creatures equally as long as they accept him and his rules and I think that women with spider legs or snake tails still can follow the precepts of Islam.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

When all you have is a glaive...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

paradoxGentleman posted:

What I am trying to make isn't fantasy Egypt or fantasy India (although those are both very nice and interesting ideas) but a whole world from scratch, with all its own different civilizations and cultures. I asked because I do intend to borrow some elements of real life cultures while doing it; but I feel that you advice is just as valid in my situation, so thank you.

That's cool. I was on a history of mythology class this semester and our assignment was to make a whole civilization from scratch and it was really fun to do so (made an isolated one on the Pacific islands that got stranded from other Polynesians from 50 BC until 1890 when the first European explorers got there).

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Later the professor wanted us to make a timeline of the civs, linking them together. One of the groups had a merman/fishman civ so I made so that they were mistaken by the sea god race mentioned on the myths of my group and that a splinter group of women that were to be sacrificed to the sea and sky gods (the guys I mafe believed most gods were lovecraftian giant monsters that made mankind as cattle since they fed on "intelligence energy" and sacrifices were made to prevent them from going kaiju on the islands) fled Fury Road style to become an Amazon civilization.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Don't play PBP unless it's with a group of people you know won't flake at all

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kai Tave posted:

I agree, they should go back to the tried and true method of dealing with repeat violent criminals and simply executing them. Plus think of the money you'll save on enchanted collars, so it's not just more wholesome, it's fiscally responsible too.

This right here is basically the number one problem with Blue Rose...it's not the magic deer, it's not gay people being gay, it's that every time people used to lovely game writers and their cliche "twists" about how the good guy kingdom is SECRETLY EVIL WOAH get their hands on it they simply can't accept the idea that no, maybe the good guy kingdom is just good and maybe a magical peace collar that's smart enough to allow you to defend yourself but won't let you continue to be a serial killer or lash out at others with your uncontrollable violent temper is probably way better than execution or imprisonment or having your hands chopped off or whatever, but no, obviously the people with these collars are going to be glassy-eyed lobotomized zombie thralls just like people on antidepressants which is why I refuse to take my meds, I think better without them anyway.

Psychic counseling that helps people? It must be an INSIDIOUS PLOT to engineer an army of sleeper agents! All that stuff they say about Jarzon being a bunch of jerks? Propaganda! What is the magic deer's secret agenda anyway!?

You could probably make a drinking game out of it, every time you read something in Blue Rose where it's obvious another RPG writer would have made something good-seeming secretly "too good to be true" or "subverted" things by having it be a secret evil plot or part of some sinister conspiracy, take a shot.

It's just a lazy and easy solution to keep people have violent thoughts or mental illnesses but be unable to act on them due to pseudo ludovico technique instead of true rehabilitation by humanizing prisoners, but it's not essentially good or evil.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ahhh, truly the Americans, believing themselves to be morally superior than other cultures, wishing to attack and destroy those who offend their noble sensibilities and be greeted as liberators.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The only good thing to come out of Dragon Age was Origins and that's it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lightning Lord posted:

Anyone ever get burnt out about discussing RPGs instead of playing them but they just can't get a group together? I feel like I'm at that point right now.

I'd rather blow my brains off with a shotgun than spend more time writing enormous paragraphs and reading Kotaku and Polygon articles about videogames than playing them and hell if I'd waste my time doing something for a hobby I care even less.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Not having sex crap on your tabletop game is the best choice all things considered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

If you are to nominate a fangame that wasn't authorized by copyright owners at least nominate Pokémon Tabletop United because it wasn't on DTRPG, has an actual system that evolved nicely the last few years and is inspired by a better loving franchise than ME.

• Locked thread