Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's a former industrial town and is super poor for a city of its size.

It's also home to a criminally inept police department with virtually no investigative resources. Spokane police write tickets, take police reports, and shoot people. They actually do not investigate property crime as a policy. Oh, and they suffocated a mentally disabled man who had committed no crime and then covered up the evidence and threatened his family to keep it quiet.

Spokane is owned by five or six families who regularly blur the line between corporate overlords and organized crime. We have millions of dollars in taxpayer money going straight to these real estate developers, meanwhile our roads are literally falling apart. There's no money, no jobs, and no future.

Leaving that shithole was the best decision I ever made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

drrockso20 posted:

while we're on the topic of maps, how many people here would play in and/or run a game in this world;

So unoriginal, Forgotten Realms did it first.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

unseenlibrarian posted:

One day I'll get players who want to visit Kanga-Rat Murder Society. One. Day.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

My favorite part is the fighter blocking the firebolts with his sword. "When does my fighter get the ability to do that?" "Never, Timmy. Now roll on the critical fumble table again."

To be fair, the illithid did look pretty cool.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Night10194 posted:

It sounds more like it's just a magical version of psychiatric meds for psychotics.

They can literally use magic to make people sane. It's better than medication. I mean, you could play with the idea that bad guys use the same methods as mind control, but that still plays in the modern world with drugging people into submission and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Lemniscate Blue posted:

As has been pointed out, there are issues with the peace torc and the Calm arcanum that make it not the most well thought out solution, and I hope the new authors have a better answer. But to ignore it completely would just have been weird.

I guess my question is: what's a better answer? I mean, this is a dilemma that human societies have been chewing on since the dawn of civilization. I'm honestly curious how you would prefer an idealistic game such as Blue Rose to play "what do we do with murderers?"

• Locked thread