Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
As mentioned earlier, I have found that the Little House series, Charlotte's Web, and Bunnicula...as well as most of the other books are wonderful for reading to kids as chapter books as well as self reading when old enough.

Personally though, my absolute favorite as a little girl was The Ghost of Opalina or Nine Lives, by Peggy Bacon.

http://smile.amazon.com/Ghost-Opali...eywords=opalina

I love this book, and have been begging for a copy of it since I was about 4 or 5 years old. Its now out on Kindle e-book...I cannot recommend this enough. A smartalec ghost cat who recounts the history of her family and house since she died? Scary enough to be good for little ones, and its got adventure and hidden treasure as well.

Its still in the books I go to when I babysit...the kids all love it and are happy to sit quietly and find out what happens.

Disco Salmon fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jul 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread