Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So uh... is that guy in the anime thread a jerk or is he legit? Because if he's legit, I'm dying laughing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

I wonder if they'll end the episode on the split-second before Kakyoin gets World-punched to psych out anime-only viewers like they did with Polnareff.

e: maybe not since the last episode preview was basically "yeah he's totally dead"

standard owl fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jun 5, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

standard owl posted:

I wonder if they'll end the episode on the split-second before Kakyoin gets World-punched to psych out anime-only viewers like they did with Polnareff.

No, because that means they're going to spend 20 minutes on around 0.8 of a chapter.

Joseph bites it today, and we might get as far as Jotaro/DIO crossing the road.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there's no way in hell they'd be able to hold it off that long. there may be 4 episodes for it all, but there's a good amount left to get through.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

standard owl posted:

e: maybe not since the last episode preview was basically "yeah he's totally dead"

Considering that will happen shortly after the episode begins, I doubt it. if they wanted to do it, they should have done it at the end of last episode, but that was too much content.

My guess would be the hand twitching.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Bring back roundabout for crossing the street

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Kurtofan posted:

My guess would be the hand twitching.
That would be the safest bet.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if they don't bring back roundabout at least once then i'll be mildly disappointed. i'm not one to cling to poo poo past when it's needed, but if there's any time to use it it'd be during DIO.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

Bring back roundabout for crossing the street

Roundabout would only really work on a cliff-hanger where someone's about to die or looks like they will. The way the timings are working out with timing, we possibly won't get one of those.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

If they end on the finger twitch, I could see it kicking in as Dio freezes time, then showing the finger right as the final freeze frame.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Walk like an Egyptian as they cross the street.
Ay DIO, what's good.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

I was thinking Kakyoin would eat poo poo right before the commercial break at least (if they really milk the introspection/flashback about how he used to be a friendless loser), but I also probably remember him going against DIO as being way longer than it actually is.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Previews: http://jojo-animation.com/contents/story/46.html

e:
DIO going 2-0 on Crusaders was destined to happen today.
Not only is it Pucci's birthday, it's national donut day. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Doughnut_Day

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jun 5, 2015

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

LORD OF BUTT posted:

So uh... is that guy in the anime thread a jerk or is he legit? Because if he's legit, I'm dying laughing.

Well it's not a crazy assumption to make, and the anime thread has had more time between episodes to think on it than we had between manga chapters, probably.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

RatHat posted:

This is too silly, even for Jojo.

:allears:

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Worst Girl posted:

I have trouble comprehending the Josuke saved himself theory because if Josuke couldn't go back in time to begin with if he didn't save himself.

Time travel hurts my head.

Causal loops are the easiest possible time travel style to comprehend. Just don't assume there's a starting point; that's probably the problem.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
RIP Kakyoin.

On another note, happy National Donut Day, everyone.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

David cut that.

Wow.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Aurain posted:

David cut that.

Wow.

What? the Final splash on a minaret? the dead cat? the skullpunch? that could be a lot of things.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This Kakyoin, is my world.

e: False alarm, they shuffled it up.
The shifting around is pretty balls. It works better in the manga.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jun 5, 2015

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I heard people screaming on /a/ that they cut My World, is that true? I only just got off work so I missed the stream.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Zeruel posted:

I heard people screaming on /a/ that they cut My World, is that true? I only just got off work so I missed the stream.

They delayed it. It happens when Joseph figures out Kak's message.

DIO is straight up super saiyan here. It's amazing. He's just flying like Goku. :allears:

e: Ends just after the MUDAMUDAMUDA vs ORAORAORA fist clash.

It's the best episode yet, even though I think the Kakyoin fisting scene shifting isn't the best idea. It is so good. So, so good.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jun 5, 2015

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Koyasu is having the time of his loving life. :allears:

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

https://d.maxfile.ro/ouikkbbhkc.webm

Here is ZA WAURDO

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Also, I'm in love with the time stop effect. Warping the fabric of reality as DIO and The World radiate a loving rainbow (in the dark :haw:) aura? Hell loving yes!

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Those were some excellent mudas.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That "TOKI WO TOMAREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" in the preview. Holy poo poo.
Koyasu is DIO.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Holy poo poo that effect is loving cool.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I was afraid that DavePro would do something different from the awesome racecar woosh from the OVA, but this, this is even better.

Based DavePro continues to be based.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I can't remember Poli being in this fight at ALL. What does he do in the Dio fight?

I barely remember anything about this fight outside of the anime adding them tossing ships at each other, steamrollers, and Jotaro's finger twitching.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Darko posted:

I can't remember Poli being in this fight at ALL. What does he do in the Dio fight?

I barely remember anything about this fight outside of the anime adding them tossing ships at each other, steamrollers, and Jotaro's finger twitching.

He Stab's DIO through his head right?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Yeah, while Jotaro is doing the heart stop thing.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I can't watch this episode right now so I just have headphones in and am looping that webm that was posted in the anime thread and holy gently caress

They somehow made a cooler time stop effect than a racecar noise

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Darko posted:

Stabs Dio in the head right before he almost offs Jotaro with a stop sign.

It's pretty funny that Joseph and Kakyoin were trying to avoid a fight and ended up neck deep in one while Polnareff wanted to fight Dio and ended up doing the least in said fight.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Stabs Dio in the head right before he almost offs Jotaro with a stop sign.

It's pretty funny that Joseph and Kakyoin were trying to avoid a fight and ended up neck deep in one while Polnareff wanted to fight Dio and ended up doing the least in said fight.

To be fair, Joseph was specifically Dio's target, which means he was pretty hosed from the start. And it's not Polnareff's fault he can't fly.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Aurain posted:

Walk like an Egyptian as they cross the street.
Ay DIO, what's good.

Is this a reference to something? Or is it a weird fansub thing?

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jun 5, 2015

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I can't believe they made kakyoins childhood flashback even more of an obvious deathflag

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

Is this a reference to something? Or is it a weird fansub thing?

Just a silly image cribbed from DIO's World. I'll repost it here next time I come across it.

e: Never mind, you saw it in the anime thread.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jun 5, 2015

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I still think it's funny that Vanilla Ice managed to kill more of the Crusaders than DIO did. Of course, they would be even if Jotaro hadn't gotten Joseph's heart pumping again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Supersonic Shine posted:

I still think it's funny that Vanilla Ice managed to kill more of the Crusaders than DIO did. Of course, they would be even if Jotaro hadn't gotten Joseph's heart pumping again.

Joseph was fuckin' dead, they had to use bullshit Speedwagon science to revive him.