Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Expect My Mom posted:

JoJolion chapters usually come out the second/third week of the month, like 14th - 21st thereabouts.

It feels like it rarely goes on hiatus. If it does, it's around December or because he's doing a Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe chapter and that will be the chapter for the month. It's never a Berserk or HxH style hiatus tho, he's back the next month

Great, thanks! It feels weird to be caught up. I kinda don't know what to do with myself now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ultra Jump releases on the 19th. Hi Wa Mata Noboru generally have a source who gives it to them early (not always possible) and occasionally they have the entire chapter done in advance of the 19th but they've agreed with the source that they won't put chapters out before the official release day in Japan. Not like that means it's legal to release it or anything.

If the 19th's a Sunday, I believe UJ comes a tad early, not later. Not sure about that bit anymore.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's less a legality of fan translation thing and more not having people tweet about things that haven't officially come out yet and possibly jeopardizing the source, I think.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It'll be protecting the source for sure.

Spoiler protection is responsibility of those who don't want to be spoiled, not fan translators.

HWMN don't have a monopoly on JoJo releases (though historically there's been some little drama about that and competition from /a/ and they are the only group currently) or information so they can't do anything to stop early information leaks anyway.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Hey giorno if you can make life from dead objects why didn't you just make a slightly shorter Abbachio out of his body? Dumbass bitch

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Average Bear posted:

Hey giorno if you can make life from dead objects why didn't you just make a slightly shorter Abbachio out of his body? Dumbass bitch

Bold of you to assume that any kind of Abbachio given life from Giorno's stand would not immediately destroy itself out of pure spite

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

*brick forms the face of Abbacchio*

Brick Abbacchio: Go gently caress yourself Giorno.

*brick crumbles into dust*

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Close to accurate

But you missed *spalshes Giorno with a warm piss and crumbles into dust*

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Funky Valentine posted:

*brick forms the face of Abbacchio*

Brick Abbacchio: Go gently caress yourself Giorno.

*brick crumbles into dust*

Abbrickhio

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

so probably new opening in....4? 5? episodes. i almost forgot how close we are to the end.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
i wouldn't expect a new opening. the full version of this one has time skippy shenanigans like great days had

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

they definitely wouldn't throw in an entirely new op, it's 3 of them for the separate thirds of the part

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i dunno, the current opening has no polnareff nor does it feature the last few characters that are due to be introduced or the requiem stuff. great days itself was only used for i think the final 8 episodes, we have maybe 11? left i think.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think they'd probably have announced the single by now.
Figtiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing GOoooooooooooooooooooooold went much longer than CNBT

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Great Days went for 12 episodes.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
OP changes are tied to cour length which is typically 12-13 episodes. Despite Part 5 being 3 cour they changed OP in the middle so there's only going to be 2 openings. Commissioning songs and not outsourcing OPs are expensive/hard.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Can anyone link me to the DIU anime thread from back when it was airing?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3769790&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i dunno, the current opening has no polnareff

It has his hand
:goonsay:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Szmitten posted:

OP changes are tied to cour length which is typically 12-13 episodes. Despite Part 5 being 3 cour they changed OP in the middle so there's only going to be 2 openings. Commissioning songs and not outsourcing OPs are expensive/hard.

Wouldn't surprise me if they were struggling for the second OP, considering it's largely manga panel references with pretty much limited creativity.

Not to sound overly negative about the OP because it's ok.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
So I want sure if I should put it here or in the anime thread, but Jojos part 1-3 just got added to Shonen Jump's online app, so now there's literally no excuse.

Edit: this was apparently a few days ago and I just missed it, so it probably isn't news to anyone. carry on and ignore me

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 22:59 on May 5, 2019

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah I posted that in the anime thread! the shonen jump app is really good except for sometimes i have to reinstall it but for $2, it's a great deal

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Is there a story on why the pace of official English translations for the latter JoJo parts has been glacially slow? Seems kinda weird we've had five parts of the anime animated and translated to English before the DiU translation has even been finished.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
...The Diamond is Unbreakable retranslation finished like four or five years ago, what do you mean?

Like, the Vento Aureo one finished like a year and a half ago.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Mighty Dicktron posted:

...The Diamond is Unbreakable retranslation finished like four or five years ago, what do you mean?

Like, the Vento Aureo one finished like a year and a half ago.

multijoe posted:

Is there a story on why the pace of official English translations for the latter JoJo parts has been glacially slow? Seems kinda weird we've had five parts of the anime animated and translated to English before the DiU translation has even been finished.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

multijoe posted:

I mean

They were spending a lot of that time

Doing the first two parts.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I feel like most of the time was on the Part 3 Jojonium releases tbh. DiU starts releasing this month at least?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I feel like a part of it is that JoJo doesn't do digital translations like stuff like One Piece or My Hero Academia do. I'm not even sure I know any monthly mangas that get official translations the week they come out. When you don't have the backing of Shonen Jump money for translations three days later, you rely more on physical media. That makes you factor in printing, manufacturing, shipping and distribution as your only source of release, this is why I'd guess that Part 3 took three - four months to come out like a normal manga would when they already had the old, and pretty good iirc, translation.

Also I'd imagine there's some coordination with the anime. Putting out a volume of Part 6, 7 and 8 right now when the Part 5 anime is only over halfway done wouldn't really move units except for the hardcore crowd, but put out the first volume of Part 4 when Part 5's coming to a climax, and anyone in Barnes and Nobles can go "oh neat, I'm watching this now, I remember this from a couple years ago, i'll get this"

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 16:50 on May 6, 2019

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'm at a weird place where I started buying the JoJoniums but fell off around halfway of Part 3 and I dunno if I want to keep going or not. I want to own Part 4 and absolutely Part 7, but do I wanna finish that collection? i love JoJo but that's SO many volumes and they don't even come in a cool carrying case like the One Piece volumes do.

what's an otaku to do

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Expect My Mom posted:

I'm at a weird place where I started buying the JoJoniums but fell off around halfway of Part 3 and I dunno if I want to keep going or not. I want to own Part 4 and absolutely Part 7, but do I wanna finish that collection? i love JoJo but that's SO many volumes and they don't even come in a cool carrying case like the One Piece volumes do.

what's an otaku to do

The DIO's World one is real good and it's the entire fight, get that one at least.

I stopped at 2/4 Battle Tendency and I do want to get them but they're p expensive and big and I'm not crazy about early SDC or any of BT. There's also the problem of the Japanese ones being a lot better quality in paper and print so the EN ones feel a bit of a rip.

I'm pre-ordering the DiU ones as soon as they go up to pre-order because I don't want to be in the position where Berserk Deluxe is where they're out of stock and god knows when they're back.

(Berserk Deluxe is so good).

Love how they're going with the OG volume covers for the most part too.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 18:19 on May 6, 2019

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The Part 4 volumes do look great, I like their style a lot more than I do the JoJoniums

I would love to get the Berserk Deluxe volumes but $45 - 50 is soooooo much for three volumes that I don't know if it'll even finish. Like I like Berserk but those feel like a real luxury purchase. In contrast, the One Piece box sets are like $100~ for 20+ volumes and you get a box with a handle to keep em in! 's like a drat gamecube

I love the idea of owning big epics like JoJo/Berserk/One Piece so maybe one day tho

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'll get a big manga collection when the manga in question is finished and no sooner.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Expect My Mom posted:

The Part 4 volumes do look great, I like their style a lot more than I do the JoJoniums

I did find it weird that Viz just ran with the Jojonium style for just about all the Jojo stuff, with the anime releases and Manga In Theory.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
SPOILER

https://twitter.com/floppydisk32/status/1125503427667288067?s=19

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

part seven animation ed has leaked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X9tBHX_Fl4

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Actually thinking about it, Old Town Road is basically the most Jojo country song possible, so I'll be sad when it doesn't get used for Part 7

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

as if the part 7 ed isn't going to be something that completely blindsides us, like toxic by britney spears or whatever

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

We gotta get that Steel Ball run simulread fuckin' going, I swear.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Actually thinking about it, Old Town Road is basically the most Jojo country song possible, so I'll be sad when it doesn't get used for Part 7

not nearly homoerotic enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

STONE COLD 64 posted:

not nearly homoerotic enough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FdUjkKApGc