Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

how many volumes is the hardcover edition of battle tendency expected to be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

groOvy

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

its carved from the same meteorite the arrow was

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the mask stabs your head with pincers.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

is there any real reason why parts 2, 6, and 7 were released in French? Was it for any particular market?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

what if they unsplit josuke

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

slightly unrelated to jojo, but i was at a local comic store and picked up baoh. however, its kinda hosed up in that it has part 1 split up into 6 single issue comic books, and part 2 is a typical graphic novel sized manga. is there a reason why it was released this way stateside?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this has nothing to do with anything but if part iv gets animated by david, would Psycho Killer not be the perfect ED for the kira half of the series?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think you're overthinking that correlation since yes was around a couple years after 1887

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

dogsicle posted:

i'm optimistic that Part 4 will dethrone BT for best part in anime fans' eyes, then we can ditch the preoccupation with Joseph. after a short detour through "what happened to my precious Joseph, he's senile!" territory.

i dunno there's a wacky charm that part 2 has, granted part 4 is basically It's Always Sunny In Morioh, but i think the change of format from a linear adventure with a goal and known villain from the first 3 parts to slice of life format with probably a lot of one off episodes will be pretty jarring to a lot of the viewers

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

there was a yt vid of the battle tendency op being hosed with by bites the dust i think it was about this time a year ago, i cant find it does anyone have the link to it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i still dont understand what golden experience requiem did to diavolo. is he stuck in a time loop of dying forever in a different reality/dimension or is it all in diavolo's head making him basically insane?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

thats p hosed up

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

no zeppelis in vento aureo was kind of a bummer

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

bruno legit is prolly my favorite side character, but that also might be because he's the only one whose personality shows through the lovely second half of part 5's lovely translation

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i want to imagine an alternate universe part 6 where the stand created by the arrow left to jolyne gives her purple haze and she kills everybody including herself, what a way to gently caress everything up

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

deadly_pudding posted:

Yeah, I powered through that scanslation like a couple months ago. It got the gist across well enough, and enough of the characters shone through in the art for me to still enjoy the read, but man. I'm still not totally clear on what the Big Bad's stand power actually was, though, which is a pretty major strike against the translation.
i feel like his power was pretty simple to understand, more so than GER. also why wasn't GER born when black sabbath stabbed him with the arrow in the beginning?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Meme Emulator posted:

just wait until you get to the snails.

i just got there.

this is the weirdest loving series

e: he just summoned the 1973 dolphins what the gently caress

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jun 30, 2015

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the arrow his father was using disappeared when his father's stand was killed

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

stone ocean felt like it went by way too quick, if a bit too many fights. i really liked the ending though. i can see how most wouldn't.

vento aureo felt kinda short too despite being a little bit longer than part 4, which is still the most perfect part to me so far.

i kinda wish the series would have a few more fights like The Sun that are solved really easily and the enemy is a complete failure. I guess Yo-Yo-Ma fight was the closest thing to that.

excited to start steel ball run.

i think the pacing in SO is kinda thrown off with the big bad and his stand being introduced so early. i would have liked to see jolyne trying to adjust to prison life a little more, just a few more moments of social interaction instead of constant fighting. any time they were trying to teach FF a thing was total gold.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Beef Chief posted:

I might make another thread exclusive to anime watchers, but until then they can come in here and ask any questions they need to ask.
this probably isn't a bad idea but we can probably employ some tact from this point forward and spoiler tag any major plot events

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

part 7 is filled with so much...would it even be called fan service? it feels super referential, but it's supposed to be the altered timeline of the events of part 1 caused by pucci right?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Moltrey posted:

I bet Holly was real stoked to find out she had a brother thirty years her younger. A great role model for her cold son.

i want to see holly joestar visits morioh now.

also, thinking back, toth was on the money with jotaro's fate wasnt it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Aurora posted:

Jojolion is for you!

im getting there!!!!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

gg subs were closest who'da thunk

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I'm only about halfway through steel ball run, and one minor criticism i have of the series since DIU is the staple of having a "healer" in the group. Crazy Diamond was cool, but it felt kind of ridiculous with Gold Experience/FF/The Zombie Horse and now Hot Pants. It kind of cuts down on the tension a huge amount, we don't really have those "oh poo poo he just died and thats it" moments like when Hol Horse shot Avdol. Battles basically feel as if they're without consequence to a small degree and I think the safety net of "we can just replace their liver with a rabbit turned into flesh and muscle" hurts the drama a little bit.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

shhh soft and wet

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

just finished and caught up to part 8. that felt like seven years i can only imagine how agonizing it must have been waiting for new SBR installments each month.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Uznare posted:

Part 8: JoJolion Volumes 105-???

JoJo: Josuke Higashikata

having caught up man this summary is perfect

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i want to believe joseph was still kickin it by the end of part 6

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im sure it wasnt that uncommon a haircut for 88.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

stone ocean is good but there is a lot of fight fatigue so be warned

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i had to take a two day break after the pee fighter

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

mountain tim was too good for his world

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Beef Chief posted:

Can N'Doul even loving attack when not in Geb mode?

N'o.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

unrelated to anything but i bought/played all 4 .hack// games when i was in high school

i didnt even like the anime :( i dont know why i did it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

way too many random battles imo with not really a whole ton of exploration

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Something I was thinking about in the shower this morning; Parts 1-7 were brought to France and translated professionally over there, right? With a much higher confluence of English/French bilingual speakers/readers over English/Japanese, is there some kind of logistical issue from just translating the already available French copies?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

thinking about the joseph cheating convo from the other thread, it does seem strange that holly hadn't bothered to go visit her newly discovered brother who lives in the same country she does. that could have been a fun mini arc for part four.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

1 Joseph Joestar
2 Yoshikage Kira
3 Gyro Zeppeli
4 Johnny Joestar
5 Dio
6 Bruno Buccellati
7 Robert E O Speedwagon
8 Foo Fighters