Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
It is rumored that if you can ever beat Araki in a match set of Rock Paper Scissors, you will inhereit his powers and immortality. To this date, he has never lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHDScdHEUw4 (Note: Part 6 Spoilers)

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Aurora posted:

It'd probably be cricket or something

That and Gyro is Italian

Jojos Bizzarre Bocce Game.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Baal posted:

It was Jonathan's stand jesus christ

I thought Jonathan's stand was called 「The Passion」 and just looked like jesus christ. Or did Jonathan have The World and Dio had The Passion? Was Dio The Passion? I can't remember my Jorge Joestar.

Also EoH SuperDio's stand is obv. 「He's Got The Whole World In His Hands」

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Well someone's been playing The Seventh Stand User.

Pfshaw, that's right out of Super Story Adventure Mode from the PSX/Dreamcast version of the JJBA fighting game.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Oh man I can't wait to see how Alch reacts as half the cast dies across the next few episodes :getin:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

I cackled like a loon the first time I watched this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-uftqtusQk

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

From the other thread:

Bad Seafood posted:

Araki's always changing how stands work.

There's a stand in Part 7 that breaks one of the otherwise most consistent rules across the series.

Is it Mandom breaking the "Only the Big Bad gets a timefuckery stand" rule?

e: Tattoo You :downs:

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Dec 23, 2015

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

The Assassination Of Funny Valentine By The Coward Johnny Joestar

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Gyro SAS is confirmed already and I think they're showing a prototype for him next month maybe?

I want a Funny Valentine before Election Day.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

alcharagia posted:

maybe he wanted a son that was even gayer than joseph so that he could beat jonathan in literally every category possible

:eng101: Jonathan's son was George II, who was... remarkably straight for a jojos, even as a side character, so Dio wins again.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Fiend Computer posted:

D4C is popping the tape out, splicing in new tape onto the track, and then putting it back in.

D4C is swapping the disk/tape with a bootleg that's mostly the same, but might be edited differently or the subs change the story.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Bad Seafood posted:

There's an untranslated SBR doujin out there where Diavolo just pops up during random parts of the race just to die again.

His first appearance is the carcass Pocoloco uses to drift.

I now wish that each part of the Corpse was actually just a piece of Diavolo from another death.

Ticket to Ride's space bending could be like King Crimson skipping time chunks to bring it closer, and Love Train's repulsion-of-bad-poo poo could be a remnant of GER's fuckery on him

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

There's an event this weekend where new Statue Legend and Super Action Statue announcements are expected. Gyro will probably get shown, based on old facts/knowledge.

If we're getting more SBR figures, here's hoping for Valentine :allears:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Oh my god I can't wait for Alcharagia's liveblog reactions to Part 7 :allears:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

I'm waiting for the authentic Joseph fedora, then I'll combine it with the Kakyoin Shades and Polnareff earrings to guarantee that any risk of ever having sex again* is truly gone.

*with a woman

this is jojos we're talking about.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Red is my heart,
Blue is the rain,
With you by my side,
I'll make a Love Train.

Dojyaa~n

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Hey Alcharagia when are you going to read part se-

hatty posted:

Remeber Araki's western art phase? that was weird.

:shittypop:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

I was born the week Joseph Joestar reflected the HEAT RIPPER STINGY EYES with a pair of shotglasses back at Straizo.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

ChaosArgate posted:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it, King Crimson's power is basically like a scene skip button on a DVD remote. Once the button is pressed, time skips to the next "scene", which I think is 5 seconds later, and no one knows what happens in the skipped scene because no one watched it except for the guy with the remote, Diavolo.

That's one of the more succinct description/analogies for King Crimson's power. The scene was skipped, but still obviously existed since the movie's plot keeps going based on the unwatched (Except by Diavolo) plot segment.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Diamond is Unbreakable, but some things can break even the strongest bromance.

Crazy Diamond can fix anything... but poor taste.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

DavidPro being DavidPro, I looked really hard at the ED for DiU trying to find a tiny carrier pigeon somewhere in the sky. As of yet, I am unsuccessful.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Stallion Cabana posted:

are we supposed to think that the universe that we end on in Part 6 in is the same world as the Steel Ball Run/JoJoLion one? Or is it one more past that?

There were 36 universe resets, one results in the Ireniverse, at least one in SBRiverse (that includes an alternate President Funny Valentine with the stand 「Singing in the Rain」 that lets him fly), 36 Ultimate Lifeform Kars end up on Mars, Kars Prime steals Killer Queen from (not to be confused with Dead Mans Questions Kira Prime) Yoshikage Kira #36 (and not to be confused with the Kira that uses the power of the Golden Rectangle to bisect Lisa Lisa with a rope, dancing with her corpse and calling himself Kira Kira) and awakens it into Killer Queen Requiem, blowing up time until everything collapses back into the original dimension. Somewhere in this, Dio Brando (who is not DIO) gathers the 36 incarnations of Tusk and achieves 「Heaven」, gaining the stand 「The Passion」, or Jesus, which lets him see the future. Later he dies and becomes the Corpse, but then Jonathan Joestar is resurected, gathers the corpse, and gains The Passion for himself.

...I just wanted to read enough Jorge Joestar summaries to make a witty answer to the quote but then I kept falling deeper and now I can taste copper and almonds.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Or Rokakaka seeds (assuming they're like peach seeds)

...okay i'm sticking to this theory actually, there were two fruits, he has two extra testicles, that poo poo's magic and i would not be shocked if we're setting up for the rokakaka tree popping out of Gappy's crotch.

The entirety of Part 8 is actually Araki trying to make the most extended Twig & Berries pun in the world.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Johnny Joestar posted:

i liked that cool piano music that started kicking in when koichi was thinking of hitting keicho with his egg

Koichi just played a little too much MMBN is all

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Captain Tenille becoming Captain Dragon was probably the best name swap.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Bad Seafood posted:

"Valentine did nothing wrong."

Valentine Did One Major Thing Wrong

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

The Sandman posted:

Finally, a character the average goon can cosplay as without defiling them.

With a pocket full of those sticky grabber hands you get out of 50c vending machines at grocery stores

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

no they will not posted:

the part that annoyed me the most about part 6 was how when all of DIO's sons were converging, there was a single inter-chapter text box saying "You might be wondering where Giorno is? The answer to that is, maybe he is actually in the area, but just slightly out of frame in every panel"

Whenever Giorno's not around, everyone should be asking, "Where's Giorno?"

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

1 Funny Valentine
2 Ringo Roadagain
3 Robert E O Speedwagon
4 Senator Wilson Phillips
5 Dio
6 Rudolph von Stronheim
7 Enrico Pucci
8 Tonio Trussardi
9 Joseph Joestar
10 Cars
11 Koichi Hirose
11 Okuyasu Nijimura
13 Lisa Lisa
14 Wham
15 Hol Horse

:911:
I had a very hard time every time Jesus showed up in a match.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Joseph looks like Tai from Digimon grew up and started lifting, and ACDC looks like Hip Hop Bea Arthur

Why do I enjoy these pictures so much :syoon:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzGfI_j3Wyw

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Moltrey posted:

I also remember liking the Boom Boom family, their Stand was loving named Tomb of the Boom holy poo poo, but I'm not sure how much of that was excitement over Part 7's first Stand battle (it was, right?)

I kept thinking Mrs Robinson was a stand user but no he was literally The Pain, wasn't he?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Magenta Magenta's known for having a really obnoxious grating voice, the only man capable of playing him is Bobcat Goldthwait

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Please celebrate Araki Day with this comic about the author of Neuro and Assassination Classroom going to eat dinner with Araki

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Yinlock posted:

Obviously Josuke [stole] Damo's liver.

What do you mean "there's so many problems with that I don't even know where to start, the biological issues alone-" lalalalalala I can't hear you

It's ok, he's (part of) a doctor.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

I was just gifted a copy of Rohan At The Louvre by a friend who I originally got into Jojo. This is an extremely pretty book, and hardback to boot.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

CuddlyZombie posted:

Okay, so now can someone explain how King Crimson works? :v:

I think I figured out one of his powers

:parrot: :quagmire:

And then Buccellati gets fisted by another man so it works out perfectly fine.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

I like how Diego just fuckin steals Dr. Ferdinand's stand, except now instead of letting you create a dinosaur virus that infects and mutates everybody into dinosaurs, it just lets one person turn things near them into dinosaurs including things like their arms, or sounds.

Anything is possible through the infinite love and mercy of Jesus Christ's Turbo Eye

Waffleman_ posted:

I like that Part 7 allows me to use the phrase "Jesus' Turbo Eye" and not sound insane.

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jul 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

I am glad that Hato is the owner of a walking heart