Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
How old was Diavolo meant to be anyway? I never really thought about it but i assumed early 20s, however thinknig aobut it Trish is his daughter so that can't be right. So i guess 30s? But Doppio looks like a 14 year old so who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I don't mind Diavolo's shirt but i hate his stupid hair with spots on it.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Hopefully it makes the ending less poo poo because it soured me on JoJo so much that i skipped to part 7 for the reboot and i've still never read part 6.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Momomo posted:

Considering part 5 has absolutely nothing to do with part 6 at all you pretty much skipped it for nothing

I know that, but i was also aware that part 7 was a reboot because the power creep in part 6 got out of hand so i decided to skip to that rather than dropping it entirely. It was a good decision since i liked part 7 and 8 except for Love Train.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
All i knew (and still know) is that the universe is ended somehow by Pucci. Coming off of Gold Experience Requiem i wasn't interested in that. But in the end Part 7 ended with a bad guy who just stands there with an invincible stand who is then killed over and over in a time loop like Diavolo so joke's on me i guess.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Condiv posted:

user title checks out

go loving read part 6

I've avoided reading it for 5 years, i can avoid it another 2 until the anime comes out.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Why is there a claw mark? Is it meant to be that she put her hand on the ground and softened it, then moved it in a way that happened to look like a dinosaur print?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
What is the copyright name of Notorious BIG? That has to be pretty good, right?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Augus posted:

They keep moving for that period of time doing whatever they were about to do as if nothing special was going on. Then when the time is up they get amnesia of what happened in that time. Diavolo is the only one who knows what’s going on, and can use Epitaph to see what is going to happen while King Crimson is active, so he can position himself in an advantageous situation while everyone else is essentially on auto-pilot and can’t react or even perceive what he’s up to

The best comparison I’ve seen is that King Crimson is like tearing out a page of a book. The events on that page still happen but only Diavolo can read the page.

You have it backwards. The events that happen in the time skip specifically don't happen, it's a skip not a fast forward.

It really doesn't make sense but the two things i vaguely remember that contradict the events happening are Bruno "dying" in a skip which leaves him in a state of undeath because he never actually died, and i'm pretty sure in the Metallica fight at one point he dodged bullets by skipping forward so the event of them hitting him never happened and they end up behind him.

The best analogy i can think of is a computer dropping packets and getting desynced, then carrying on with what information it has. If you don't get the packet saying that someone dies then they carry on at 0 health.

keep in mind i read this part 6 years ago so i might be completely misremembering it.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Arist posted:

ugggghhhh wait now i'm really confused, I thought bruno turned into a zombie because giorno healed him, i guess that explanation makes more sense

That might be true, as i said i read the old scans 6 years ago so i might be completely misremembering everything.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Dragonwagon posted:

It's been a while since I read part 5, but I'm pretty sure everything in the time skip does happen. Like when Mista asks Trish to give him his bullets, but suddenly he already has them. Or Narancia getting impaled without anyone noticing.

Bruno became a zombie because Giorno healed him after he died. And I'm not even sure there is any time skipping in the Metallica fight. Doppio only gets the epitaph.

The fight ends by Aerosmith shooting at Doppio from behind And King Crimson makes a time skip so they teleport in front of him. Both of your examples are just things ending up where they should after the skip. If things didn't move then the ability wouldn't do anything, it's jsut the events in the time skip don't take place.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
So he turns into a ghost when he is time skipping?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah basically.

Then how did he kill Narancia?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

overmind2000 posted:

This might be the only panel in the entire story where King Crimson doesn't look like he's about to rage quit life

I dunno his face still looks pretty psychotic.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

FirstAidKite posted:

Have any of the Rohan ovas been dubbed? If not, is it more likely they'd just find another VA to replace Vic or do you think they'd just not release the Rohan ovas at all?

I don't think they would dub them whether Vic was a creepy rapist or not.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Did they not bother looking at the manga for reference? His chin is completely wrong. Also not a fan of him talking. The creepy expression as he just stares at you is iconic.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
If i was Diavolo i would tell them to put Trish in the elevator alone then leave. That way you don't have to tip Bruno off. I also wouldn't leave her hand behind if the entire point of killing her is that i'm worried some bullshit stand can use her DNA to track me down.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Having his death skipped makes more sense than what actually happened.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I can't even remember what really happened. Did it involve the life punch?

getting healed by Gold Experience lets your ghost animate your body or something

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Basically Part 5 is a bad story. At least it has a couple of cool fights.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

ChaseSP posted:

Him possessing his dead corpse out of sheer DETERMINATION/Gold Experience possibly giving it extra life is my canon to his current status. Juries out on having no blood at all though

His heart's not beating so the blood doesn't come out.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I'm still watching because the fights are enjoyable enough, the overarching plot is pretty boring though.

Also to be fair, we're viewing it through the lens of knowing the ending is really really dumb. It you're anime only you don't know that. King Crimson might be exciting if you don't already know that he gets sidelined in lieu of following a dumb stand walking around who you can't hit.

I'm just waiting for Green Day.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Expect My Mom posted:

Serious answer: He got the rib cage corpse parr some time before we see him handsome so almost certainly that

I put it down to Araki not deciding how D4C worked ahead of time. Wasn't there a part where there were like 10 Valentines having a meeting?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Infamous L.A.R.G.E.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Zeruel posted:

Time Traveling Josuke fans btfo

In what way? The theory is that he changed his mind after he wrote it.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

tiistai posted:

How quickly after he wrote it? This was less than a year after that particular story was published, in fact right after Cheap Trick when Kira was already an established character and had even become Kosaku but the final battle was still a long ways ahead.

Regardless, if it had been relevant at some point, one would think he would have mentioned that instead of dismissing the question outright as if he never even considered it to be relevant.

I guess we're still talking about this

Yeah i don't fault him if he changed his mind, it's just a natural result of writing an ongoing story in weekly chunks over a number of years. Whether he intended it to be time travel or not that chapter ended up being a bit awkward in retrospect but that's natural in a serialised story over such a long period.

Expect My Mom posted:

can you not read? is that your gimmick? Illiteracy?

"I haven't organized it or anything"

The interview is from like a year after the Rohan chapter, so him saying that it was just a random guy isn't inconsistent with it being time travel when he wrote him but then changing his mind as the story progressed.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Momomo posted:

Bringing up obvious plot hooks and then never using them is an Araki thing and in the end I can only imagine they're "plot hooks" because this genre has trained us to think that about anything hanging. I am reminded of the runaway girl in part 3 who mentioned her father a couple times, both of which ended up not having any consequence.

It's not just the genre, it's all storytelling. It's Chekhov's gun. It's just when you release a story piecemeal over a number of years you can't really go back and edit things to iron out the flaws.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

TheLoneStar posted:

And it was pretty drat obvious that the savior wasn't Josuke considering the lack of baubles and charms that Josuke normally has on his uniform. It wasn't just Araki changing his mind later out or forgetting, it's pretty loving blatant it was never meant to be Josuke when the chapter dropped.

If it's so blatant why are so many people confused about it? The reason this discussion keeps coming up is because people finish Part 4 then come and ask what was up with Josuke meeting his future self. The OVA director in the video thought it was Josuke. If Araki did intend it to be a random guy he did a pretty poor job signalling so.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Yeah, it's been a while since i've read it but i'm not sure "Everyone in Morioh has golden hearts" was a theme. Most of the random civilians they met were assholes. Off the top of my head there was the woman who Kira killed who was using her boyfriend, the baby store owner who scammed a senile old man, the guy who catcalled Tomoko in the car, the bullies who killed an innocent turtle. As for the stand users they were all assholes except for Tonio, and he's an Italian immigrant.

EDIT: Kira's coworker seemed like a nice guy.

CJ fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Apr 11, 2019

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

somepartsareme posted:

what the hell did josuke's mom do wrong other than have a grandpa fetish

She assaulted a man driving a car. Her corrupt father covered it up.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Mans posted:

I only see one

It's this thread's favourite reoccurring topic, just ahead of "Should Alessi have turned Joseph young?"

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Josuke Higashikata posted:

if you cat call, you a bitch
dude got off light

The guy was an rear end in a top hat but slamming someone's face through a pane of glass is an excessive response. Her father threatening the victim afterwards makes it worse. Honestly Angelo killing him probably did everyone a favour, in the two scenes we saw the dad he threatened an assault victim to cover it up then held a firearm to the head of a minor. The guy was a menace.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Is Diavolo his birth name?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I hope if they do adapt Part 7 they get someone who can say "Dirty deeds done dirt cheap" as well as the fighting game guy.