Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

What's up with the 14 words Father Pucci has to say to activate the Green Baby? Is there some connection to something I'm not seeing or is it just a random set of words Araki was really feeling that day?
I have a friend who is big into esoteric mystical poo poo so I showed him the JJBA wiki entry for Dio's Diary but he said it wasn't a reference to anything he knew of. Probably just typical Araki weirdness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
We should compile a list of all the rad ideas Araki presented and then suddenly dropped with no explanation. It'd be longer than that psychological analysis of Dio.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

grancheater posted:

Imagine Gappy on the edge of a cliff.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Imagine Gappy on the edge of a cliff.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
If Josuke became a magic doctor, you know he'd have a cult around him whether he wanted one or not.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Exercu posted:

Jotaro can...???
Poke things with his stand's finger that are like five feet away. The best secondary power.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Pucci isn't a vamp though.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
My uncle works for Nintendo Araki and he says that Jojo Parts 9, 10, and 11 have already been published in secret under a pseudonym.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Best King Crimson explanation:

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Sekkira posted:

The arrow should be called Maybelline.
:drat:

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Sekkira posted:

No stand is flat out better than any other in every aspect and the winner is decided by the ingenuity of the stand user.
This statement is almost always true, but isn't Khnum a straight up downgrade from Yellow Temperance? Then again, Khnum can change the user's scent and I don't know if Yellow Temperance could. Both of their users were morons, too, and that's the most important bit.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Davinci posted:

It's not like there wasn't any precedent for that being a thing stands could do, Araki just forgot about it.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
It's gonna happen. Just be patient, mate.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Jojolion is probably the only article of media I've ever seen that had an interesting amnesiac.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
But every Latin American and European can do that.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Race Realists posted:

holy poo poo

Battle Tendency has best art, best writing, and best Jojo.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Naw, Heaven's Door wrote in Japanese. Some other stuff like Luck & Pluck and MASSACRE was written in English in the original IIRC.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Hard 'n dry

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Waffleman_ posted:

How popular is Valentine with the people of America?
91%

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Stop me if you've heard this one before

It just works

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

tiistai posted:

That would be a paradox, you can't die and walk up stairs at the same time.
Notorious B.I.G. could.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
The soccer twins are Jojo as fuk.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
So it's Heavy Weather with different animals

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Could Tenor Sax have created insanity-inducing illusions had Kenny G been more creative? Yeah I know that Iggy would have sniffed him out anyway; I'm just speculating.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Jojolion ends next week after an invincible Kars equivalent appears and kills all the heroes. Araki starts part 9 without saying a word.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
In the new dual-language DVDs, how badly do they butcher the names to get around legal issues?

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
The only not perfect thing about Battle Tendency is that Caesar and Lisa Lisa didn't get to beat any of the pillar men.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Gappy is so loving OP, please do not nerf.
The more ill-defined the stand power, the stronger it is.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Can you vampirize dinosaurs? If you can have zombie footballers, you can have undead dinosaurs.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Aurain posted:

gently caress knows what happened to DIO though.
I'd say colloidal silver but I don't know if silver harms vamps in the Jojoverse.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I can't believe there hasn't been a main Jojo villain whose power is freezing things and they end up evolving their Stand to the point where they can freeze time.

That seems Araki enough to have been a thing by now.
White Album sorta did this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
I'm glad Caesar is immediately recognizable in Araki's new style, which is more than I can say for his redraws of Jonathan, Joseph and Dio.