Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Not gonna lie, Doppio is one of the main reasons I'm watching the anime this season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I think if Araki had changed his mind on time travel being the original idea he probably would have mentioned it by now considering what he's said about changing the idea of Fugo betraying the team.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Considering that the flashback that would be the basis for the time travel theory was written two years before anything involving time travel was introduced this would require Araki to be both forgetful of plot points while also doing a strange amount of foreshadowing for something years down the line, which is pretty uncharacteristic of him.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Tetracube posted:

did Doppivolo always look like Doppio in the flashbacks or did the anime add that?

I also seem to remember Diavolo killing the fortuneteller and Doppio not knowing about it, but in the anime it I think Diavolo switched back to Doppio for the kill?

There is only one picture of him in the flashback in the manga and the anime didn't change his appearance

Hilariously the flashback in the manga is over in three pages and DavidPro managed to expand it to about five minutes which has to be the longest single new addition to the anime so far

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Apr 12, 2019

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

RubberLuffy posted:

I think the description of the young boy as being "timid and not too bright" definitely implies Doppio as the original, and Diavolo as a broken, ultra-paranoid split.

That makes sense as I can't see Diavolo approaching Trish's mother let alone impregnating her

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Apr 12, 2019

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

boredsatellite posted:

where the hell is the load sound for the metallica

It's rendered in the episode as an ambient humming noise

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Apr 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Darko posted:

Green Tea and Sanctuary, huh? I get Sanctuary, but Green...Tea?

It's probably a pronunciation choice like with Clash and Crush

edit: the Jojo wiki lists it as Green Day (グリーン・ディ Gurīn Di)

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 10, 2019