Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

because being its own universe is cooler and frees it from ties to the old one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

it doesn't really do that because there's a joestar bloodline already in the sbr universe and it doesn't involve irene

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

it's entirely possible that, you know, either irene isn't old enough yet to be relevant, if at all, or that she's an offshoot that's not even going to be looked at in the slightest. just because she was present at the end of stone ocean doesn't mean araki automatically has to go to her at some point to make it 'canon'. he said what he did in the interview, just leave it at that. sure beats the hell out of the million instances of Araki Said (tm)

Except Stone Ocean and JJL both take place in 2011

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Like it's really stupid to jump through a million hoops and say :supaburn: SBRverse is a continuation of the end of Part 6!!!!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

Irene is a name swapped Jolyne, I would hope Araki had better ideas if he did another girl Jojo.

Uh no I'm perfectly fine with Jolyne showing up again

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Karera and her stand rule

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Iserlohn posted:

True that. I think Joshuu needs to be more involved in the next arc or get into another fight to push him into likable territory for me.

Joshuu got a stand 40 chapters ago and he still hasn't used it for much of anything since

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

My only dissapointment with SBR is that there wasn't a Baseball fight. With the Spin, you'd think it was a no-brainer.

It'd probably be cricket or something

That and Gyro is Italian

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Aurain posted:

Why would you ever play as anyone other than Josuke and Okuyasu in EoH when it comes out?

Because boys are gross

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Baal posted:

Super Saiyan 3DO

I thought they went out of business

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I've been looking for that image again so please post it

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i kind of doubt this fight will have lasting reprecussions

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

:shittypop:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm playing Final Fantasy Type-0 and I'm pretty sure all the VAs for part 4 are in this game.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Do Gappy's halves count as dead?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

i look forward to rereading arc 5 when the retranslation is done. not because i think it'll magically make it the best arc out of them all, but i'm sure it'll at least be a more enjoyable read.

i'll just watch the anime instead

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

JJL now is a lot like SBR was before maybe like...Chicago, or something.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Never fear, friend.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Jolyne Kujo is gay.

Agreed

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

It can't be that hard to come up with some kind of moveset based on his character and then allow him to copy moves also can it

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I dunno, he did poo poo with replaying previous moves in the Part 5 game so that's definitely a thing they could've done

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Where's this Crazy Diamond graffiti?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Oh neat, that must have been when I was bingeing through all of JJBA still so I missed it.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I feel out of place.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Oh man I can't wait until webms ruin my browsing experience with my lovely connection

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Hopefully the anime makes Giorno's character more easy to understand

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

If you put two things in the ground near the walleyes they combine. It's the secret to the Higashikata fruit family fortune.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

My JoJo ranking is

1. Jolyne

all the rest of them are icky boys

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Baal Chief read the jojo

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

poo poo starts getting interesting pretty quick once you get to the first real important battle

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm going to reread JJL now except for that fight because I read it recently

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

And here I was just lamenting to myself about the lack of the followup to GGG FINAL

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Raserys posted:

I want to see the bootleg version of the Dio fight, complete with some substitute for the road roller. Maybe a truck.

I love the OVA, too.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Karera is the final boss because she's Kars

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

That being said, seems to me why Holly is so hosed up now is because she eats one of Kira's Rokakaka and then the equivalent exchange, which happens in the head, probably steals chunks of her brain for fixing her dementia.

I dunno, the fruit doesn't seem to be a dick about the equivalent exchange and loving up the thing you're trying to fix, so I'm not sure Holly got a chance to eat the fruit yet.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I definitely don't remember any of that and only remember his motivation being that his dad was an rear end in a top hat because his brother died

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Jesus' corpse is probably beneath that tree Yasuho fell in

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Moltrey posted:

Jesus' corpse was recovered by the US government iirc and presumably put it back in the vault.

drat, you're right, I don't know why I thought they didn't get it

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Jo Joestar posted:

Because Johnny had died recently and the Corpse is an ancient mummy, and it's not very plausible that they'd mistake one for the other?

I literally thought Johnny had hidden the corpse and they hadn't found it or something, chill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Maybe it's related to that one tree Josuke looks really confused about when him and Norisuke are walking and talking before Yotsuyu shows up