Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

So he should have not saved himself, because not saving yourself makes you altruistic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

I don't think it matters whether he knew or not. As a kid, he's (Adult him) a stranger and that defined him. There's nothing wrong with saving himself. It doesn't make him any less altruistic. It's just a weird thing that happened.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I don't know, it's just that the entire main theme to Part 4 is how it's good and cool to want to make your hometown a better place/help people regardless of what you get out of it. All the good people are sweet and friendly and add to their community. Hell, one of them was so dedicated to helping others he naturally developed a stand to do just that.

All the bad guys who turn into friends are actively rewarded for not being selfish dicks and adding to the town. Superfly for example goes from a nothing hermit to a local attraction and people bring him gifts all the time to make his situation easier. Highway Star gets his body healed and in return goes from selfishly stealing vitality to engaging the most dangerous guy sent to attack the crew by himself to save some people he barely knew. Hell even when the good guys turn into assholes, like in the Harvest 'fight', they do it because of entirely petty and selfish reasons.

It speaks better to the themes of part 4 and Morioh itself if it was just some random town citizen helping him out and not Josuke himself (who we already know to be a Nice And Cool Dude) saving baby Josuke. That way it's another example of what Joseph calls the Golden Heart of Morioh and not just some dude saving his own skin.

JoJo is good.

I'm just arguing from the point that either way, it doesn't take away or add to the story or characters. That it doesn't matter if it was a random dude or Josuke himself.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Dream Theater.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Jonathan can be disappointed with everybody but Josuke.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

You could just use "Bro"

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

ManlyGrunting posted:

Bro has pretty different connotations though: it implies familiarity and parity instead of admiration.

Only without context. English may not have many words with special meanings to them like Japanese does, but it still has the same concepts if used contextually.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

El Hefe posted:

Star Platinum is just the best stand that ever standed whats so hard to understand

And now I must inflict this on you all again :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UH_V5OtBiY

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Holy poo poo look at this, actually translating properly and providing notes after the fact if you're interested.

Also, Josuke not fixing Joseph's cane just so he can help him walk around :unsmith:

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

On the contrary, FMA alchemy is more like Crazy Diamond's power.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Bad Seafood posted:

Can't wait for Part 4.

About just a little over halfway through Part 4 and this.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

"Have you ever made a man so angry that he stopped time? I, Dio, have."

Saving this for the finale next week.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Just finished Part 4 and fuuuuuuuuuuuuck you, Kira. You piece of poo poo.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Most of it is filler though. But it's still fantastic.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Well, my definition of filler is parts that don't further or necessarily tie in to the overarching plot. I don't necessarily see filler as wasting time.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

I'm not saying that cutting out that filler wouldn't change anything, it definitely would weaken the story significantly. Let's go eat Italian Food, The Invisible Baby, The Alien, Superfly, RPS kid, Cheap Trick, Enigma. After reading a bunch of stories like that I felt they were entirely pointless, but I certainly did not regret reading them.

In fact, I would argue that there wasn't enough. I finished up the part wanting more. I don't want to go to Italy yet :C

Sekkira fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jun 15, 2015

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

How immune is he to being turned into a donut?

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Part 9 needs to be about professional wrestling with stands.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

I mean actually WWE in the ring with crowds around.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

No.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

FirstAidKite posted:

CLAMP remembers

No.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Maybe he'll be back if they do part 5?

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

FirstAidKite posted:

If people dont like part 4, then oh well, they are entitled to their opinion, but it's still incorrect

Had to fix that.

Where do I find the current translation to wait on for Part 5? I have 6 ready to go once I've read that.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

wtf does Rohan even wear on his head?

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Well, I suppose they had to do something with Echoes' egg.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

FirstAidKite posted:

That's not the Echoes egg

No.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

comedyblissoption posted:

it's kakyoin's egg

No.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

This is why I'm waiting for it to be properly translated before continuing on.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

I got JoJo's coloured Adventure. I have no idea if it's good though, it's sitting there until I can get part 5

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

She's easily among the best JoJo's. Up there with Young Joseph and Johnny.

Every JoJo is the best JoJo.

Serperoth posted:

Anyone who complains about it is, with no doubt, wrong as a person.

I've said this before, but I love how Part 4 is full of pointless filler and after I was done, I was disappointed there wasn't more of it.

Sekkira fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jun 22, 2015

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Filler, Side Story, whatever you want to call it. It's still good. I'm not saying there's any bad stuff to Part 4, because there isn't. All of part 4 is good, and even then, there isn't enough good.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

What's wrong with calling it The Jojo's?

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire2/1a0664ba3e9d5cb5be49c72b4344f9d81359545901_full.jpg

Her hairstyle is awesome.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Joseph is a fantastic character and I do like that even old senile Joseph in Part 4 gets to shine with a crazy stupid idea. Yet beyond Part 2, that's held back plenty so you can still appreciate him, but not take the spotlight away from everybody else.

What I'm saying is that All JoJos are Best JoJos.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Am I the only one that starts wiring up spoilers and makes sure to check which thread I'm in before continuing on?

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

I usually just don't call attention to it, hunt them down and erase them, then creepily use their hands to type in the right thread. This is why they never post again after.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Dio had a dream and he followed his dreams.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

The arrow should be called Maybelline.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Aurain posted:

Even though he totally owned DIO, a lovely rat beat him for all intents and purposes.

This is what I love the most about JoJo, what it's all about. The power baseline is pretty much flat. No stand is flat out better than any other in every aspect and the winner is decided by the ingenuity of the stand user. Hell, even the alien dude almost beat a stand user.

And because it's set so high, even at a flat rate, you can get poo poo like "Oh hey, I just beat a dude who can stop time" followed by getting totally wrecked by a dude who's stand is a comic book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

I'm sure they'd be different in obscure ways.

Also, decided to watch Heroes with a friend again. Every time Hiro stops time, I keep thinking "ZA WARUDO!". I am somewhat disappointed that there are no edits of The World as his stand.