Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Moltrey posted:

It's 19 as well as like three ending chapters with Kira in Ghost World and Josuke stealing Joseph's wallet so like 22 chapters.

It'll definitely be paced slower than DIO'S World but that's okay I want to stay in Morioh as long as possible

Nobody has suggested this so I'm going to call it: Each of the three days of Bites the Dust will be its own episode a la Endless Eight but better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Moltrey posted:

I still find it funny because everytime Rohan gets into some poo poo in Part 4, it's like always his loving fault. Cheap Trick, taunting Josuke, investigating the tunnel room, reading past DO NOT READ BEYOND THIS POINT, Rohan just constantly self owns himself.

Either way it's gonna be a good cliffhanger if they stop there, but that prob wont fill 22 minutes
I still believe an episode per day of Bites the Dust's activation would be the coolest (part 1 (BtD 1-3), part 2 (BtD 4-6), part 3 (BtD 7-9)), but that means only two episodes to cover the last 13 chapters and they'd never be so uneconomical.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I'm going to call the OPs not having any gimmicked version at all.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Calling what I want:
35-BitD Part 1/Day one (ends with Rohan's death) OP+ED
36-BitD Part 2/Day two (ends with everyone's death) OP+ED
37-BitD Part 3/Day three (ends after KC recall) OP+ED
38-CDiU Part 1 (Okuyasu and house fight) No OP+ED
39-CDiU Part 2 (the rest) No OP+ED

Mega dorky but man planning this thing out must have been hard.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I don't believe it. I'm okay with being wrong.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Josuke isn't biting his lip. Ruined.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

To be honest, I don't think that's the end of the world.
No that's in the 2nd OP

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Moltrey posted:

[ringo roadagain voice] Welcome to the Gay Man's World

It's called Mandom for a reason.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
A stand that traps people by printing them onto clothes is so on point that it has to exist one day.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

They're so sameface that I copied, flipped, and swapped their faces and there was no difference.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I was born during the Hanged Man fight. A fight I don't even recall. But I have a friend who is very proud to have been born on the very day chapter 1 of Phantom Blood was released.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Augus posted:

does the color filter look less offensively horrible in the final film compared to the trailers?

I don't think they're in the film at all.

edit: 10th anniversary post my goodness

Szmitten fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Apr 26, 2018

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I love how Josefumi has a Joestar birthmark, has Joseph's name, is a Kujo, and looks like Josuke.

If he were Italian, a woman, and used spin he'd be the whole set.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I still find it utterly laughable that we can have a manga and anime and games that can have a Japanese man say "Killer Queen," and when that exact audio track is licensed and used in the west so that everyone can all also hear a Japanese man say "Killer Queen," we have to have a subtitle say "Deadly Queen."

It's the most chickenshit hypocritical silliness.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Johnny Joestar posted:

you do realize that copyright laws are different in different countries, right

Waffleman_ posted:

I don't....see how it's hypocritical.

I also don't see how after four parts, people are still not over this poo poo. It's obviously a concession we have to make, so just deal with it.

TheLoneStar posted:

Yeah, and it's not like they're changing the names just to be assholes, they're doing it so they don't get sued into oblivion.

It's more the insinuation that lawyers and rights holders are apparently deaf and can only read.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Considering they had episode 1 in a state to showcase it 3 months in advance, I'd like to think they have a reasonable buffer in place and not have them coming in hot.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Xibanya posted:

Some jerk totally plagiarized my essays https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPWhAnTfCkQ

the original originals are on these forums. The collected originals are here: https://manuelamalasanya.wordpress.com/

I asked him to take them down and submitted a youtube copyright notice, dunno what else to do. :ohdear: I'm pretty upset. I put a fuckload of effort into those essays. Also if he'd just asked to adapt my essays into videos and credited me, I'd have been fine with it since I have zero interest in doing youtube stuff so if someone else wants to get youtube internet points off my work whatever, just don't loving steal it.

I'm not gonna take credit, but I left a comment linking your essays on his Jojo and Toriyama videos and now the videos are gone.

Ye :hist101:

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
It'd be a pretty noble point if the part set in a women's prison didn't only have four of the eighteen villains be women. And bail on a potential lesbian relationship by genderswapping them after introducing them.

(Not suggesting anything I love Araki and Part 6 is fine)

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Just want to point out that the arrow plothole isn't a plothole since the Requiem Arrow is its own unique arrow with a unique design and Requiem giving abilities.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

I almost hope the anime does a crazy retcon like Fugo staying with the gangstars.

They won't, but I'd love for him to come back traitor and fill the role of the guy with the exact same stand power as him as it was blatantly intended to be.

ChaosArgate posted:

Best we can really hope for is an OVA of the Fugo LN.

So has anyone really picked up on any foreshadowing in the OP? Most I’ve got is Fugo being the lead on the Man in the Mirror fight and maaaaybe Narancia’s death being fastforwarded through.

I think Narancia is just him perceiving carbon dioxide.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

god hell yes

next week is drinking piss and moody blues

And a new Jojo episode!

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I appreciate High Voltage because it uses that structure to trick you into thinking he's gonna fight a Stand called High Voltage but nope.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Clips exist. Better than you think.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
That might have been my favourite episode in a way because a) I love this fight for being so back and forth to the extent that Formaggio feels like a protagonist trying to outwit an enemy stand, and b) foreshadowing the team and giving them moments makes them seem more equal and reinforces "a".

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

At least her actual personality isn’t taking a hit so much as the creepy situations she gets into. Then again those happened earlier in the manga too. Remember when she randomly got into the Rapemobile when she was under Paper Moon King’s effects? Jojolion in general is just uncomfortably, creepily sexual, and not even in a fan servicey way.

Araki drew nipples for the first time on Lucy and in Fun Fun Fun and now he's gone mad with power.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I feel like Araki hosed himself by making Part 4 Josuke a literal healer because every Jojo since then has to go for the gory gross wounds and heavy battle damage without as strict a healing ability anymore. Hence 5's organ growing, 6's stiches, 7's Zombie Horse and so on.

I think you kinda see a similar thing with Mista and realising that guns are cool so you get FF's inexplicable fingerguns then Part 7 be in the literal Wild West featuring fingernailgun.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Except it almost certainly was? Like, why pick them if it wasn't? Again, it's not like the localisation staff sit around thinking "what's the worst name we can give this".

If they're trying to dodge copyright infringement, why would they pick something else copyrighted.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
lol I just realised the globe at the start of the ED is Rolling Stone.

I'm really curious to see how the OP/ED evolve since they're both begging for it.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Any UK Sky customers may be surprised to see Takashi Miike's Jojo's Bizarre Adventure movie available on demand from today.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
My concern with Part 7 is that between the length and inevitable CG horse animation it's either going to be very long and poor, multiple seasons and a little better but it takes 2+ years from beginning to end, or they just don't bother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
OP changes are tied to cour length which is typically 12-13 episodes. Despite Part 5 being 3 cour they changed OP in the middle so there's only going to be 2 openings. Commissioning songs and not outsourcing OPs are expensive/hard.