Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Ok so I finished part 4 recently, and I've got some questions.
1.) Why isn't Joseph a vampire?
2.) Did they ever find that baby's mom?

I mostly skipped 5 because I couldn't deal with the terrible translation, is there somewhere I could read a good summary of it?

I'm a good ways into part 6 now and am really liking it. I just got through the punishment ward fight and holy poo poo I feel like the violence got turned up a couple notches here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Aurain posted:

GioGio hangs out with a gang of weird looking guys and fights more weird looking guys, one of them dies but doesn't die and then some more of them die and the one who didn't die died for good and then Diavolo has a confusing stand and GioGio and Diavolo fight over the an arrow to make their stand into a requiem stand with a new power and Gold Experience Requiem makes Diavolo die for all eternity. They do all of that because selling drugs to kids is bad.

Also Polnareff becomes a turtle.

Did they go into where the arrows came from at all?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Do they have anything to do with the Stone Masks? I was beginning to think they might be connected somehow.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Why did Josuke's mom freeze his bank accounts after he won and start charging him for meals? Since she froze his account he can't get at the money so how is he supposed to pay for food?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I just finished Stone Ocean and wow that last bit was a trip. Still don't think I liked it as much as part 4 though.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

once again, considering how the anime people (person?) are being all weird about joseph, i have to genuinely wonder what their reaction to arc 4 will be given the whole josuke thing and also old(er) joseph. even with grandpa joseph doing his cool thing i'm sure people will still be complaining he's not swinging around like goddamn spiderman with hermit purple even though he's earned the title of literally the longest-living joestar.

Probably complain that he's still not the main character.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Silver2195 posted:

The trend of posting stealth spoilers in the anime thread continues:

That is literally only a spoiler if you know what it is spoiling. I feel like it's along the same lines of saying something like, "They could really stand to change up the power sets in the next season" at the end of BT or something.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Xibanya posted:

Thanks everybody, I really appreciate it. I'm still a newcomer to JJBA and I'm reading the Viz editions of the manga, which means I haven't looked much at part 4 on. If anyone knows of good examples from any part of the series of unusual panel sizes and layouts, particularly insane poses, gruesome fights, or anything else that might be a good example of Jojo's intensity, let me know.

If you could do me a huge favor and timg those first huge pictures I would really appreciate it. I want to read your post but have to scroll back and forth is a bummer.

Also there is a scene early on in part 4 where Josuke punches straight through a random civilian to get to the person behind her. He has a really strong healing power so they do stuff like that frequently through the series. I remember part 6 just being brutal as gently caress, especially the big fight in the solitary ward or whatever that was.

Senor Candle fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jun 24, 2015

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Why would you post that version when you could post this one?
I will say don't read the fourth page if you don't want a spoiler on who the bad guy is in Part 6

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

littleorv posted:

How is the Part 3 official release? I'm thinking of ordering physical copies off of Amazon. Support the official release and all that stuff.

If you want to wait a bit they are currently releasing Jojoniums which are hardcover versions of the volumes starting with Phantom Blood. One comes out only every couple of months so it will be a while before they get through Stardust Crusaders. I haven't seen anyone really complain about the old SC release, but if you want to try one out it is all available digitally on comixology as well.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Very excited to hear about the all-new Jojo ova where the stardust crusaders go to the hot springs.

For real though if Araki contributed and they made some silly OVA's for in between arcs of them having little adventures that would be DOPE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
My favorite thing is that one time he gave his boyfriend a bone to remember him by.