Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

FirstAidKite posted:

Superfly is the worst stand in the series hands down. There is no stand worse to have than superfly. At least cheap trick and notorious BIG provide the sweet release of death, while superfly traps you within it forever and is only useful if someone comes to fight you there.

Doesn't Superfly belong to the tower not the person trapped there? Its pretty good in the sense that it provides good company for the tower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

ChaosArgate posted:

I thought it was pretty refreshing that the new time master of SBR wasn't the final boss but some dude in a cabin like halfway through the story. Note that I said new, so don't get snippy and bring up the return of The World.

D4C is a time master of sorts. Instead of slowing or stopping time, he can travel to an alternate timeline.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

JJL will end with a retcon stand which will be the record button.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I think I might be in the minority here, but I think stats are unimportant in Jojo since battles are won with wits instead of power. Sperging over stats in JoJo is just a waste of time.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Pretty sure he succeeded in looking cool

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

That dance was part of the torture

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I hope that once Gappy discovers the secret of the fruit, he starts using it to add more balls to his collection

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Normal scrotoms aren't supposed to look like that?

This is very unsettling.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

When it gets animated in 2057, what would the ending for SBR run be?

I was thinking Red Right Hand

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

There's also the Sun

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

This fuckin screenshot lmao why is Yukako so tiny

Alessi confirmed

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Begemot posted:

She doesn't look younger, Formaggio confirmed :colbert:

I just remembered how hardcore that fight was, I think I need to reread part V

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm surprised jojolion isn't out yet, there is a spoiler image of Karrera's stand tho

She looks very happy :3:

I'm really digging the Jojolion stand designs

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Aurain posted:

The only stands that should have different voices are truly independent stands like Cheap Trick, though I can see the argument for Sex Pistols because they're all different personalities. Changing their voices up for comedy would work, though I guess the range of the VA plays into it too here.

e: Typo

I could see there being a discrepancy for people who sound different in their head than they do with their mouth. For instance, The Fool would probably bark like a bigger dog than Iggy, because most small dogs don't realize that they are little shits.

Should King Crimson sound like the calm cool exterior that Diavolo puts up, or should it sound more high pitched like the insecure psychopath that he is on the inside?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

My stand would sound like a big tough gangster, and nothing at all like a pasty white nerd

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Karrera was born into the wrong version of Morioh, she just wants to chill and live in the now.

Why did she know that he's Jose when he dresses and looks like Kira? She must not be aware of the way that they were combined or she would have deduced it immediately.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

You mean Ho-say-fu-me isn't the correct pronunciation?

I'm still going to call him Jose Joestar (America's other Jojo)

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

littleorv posted:

I hope that gets localized even if it is a piece of poo poo.

I'm sure it will be, but there's no way in hell I'm buying it after my experience with J Stars Victory Vs

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Yeah I'll just continue to buy Jojonium and the blurays. I already own 2 copies of ASB that I never play.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

CodfishCartographer posted:

It seemed like N'Doul had some kind of counter move that knocked Kars down / away form him

that was his lovely cane combo

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

Just get Suda51 to make a Jojo game.

Noooo, Suda sucks now

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

That's just ebcause he knew he could never top his masterpiece Killer 7 and stopped trying after No More Heroes. Get him to make a game instead of just producing one and it might get good again.

Speaking of which, Killer 7 vs Jojo would be rad.

It's not that he doesn't try, he just doesn't make his own games any more, they just hire him to slap his name on their quirky game.

Emil's stand, 「Ain't No Rest For The Wicked」, is basically Tatoo You! but with better assassins.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Holly is gonna pull a heelturn and be the final villain

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

It was great to see Jolyne hold her own with stand that amounted to a single piece of string

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Normie Slayer posted:

A single piece of string versus what might as well have been the power of god is a great concept, if only Jolyne actually won that fight. The fact that nearly the entire cast is killed off in the final act puts me off of part 6. Especially because Jotaro just came back from a coma, only to get killed off unceremoniously with everyone else. I mean, they all come back in the new universe, sure, but ending the original series in a universe where all of Jojo didn't happen at that point doesn't sit well with me for some reason.

I meant the stretch from post-Limp Bizkit to arriving at Cape Canaveral. Jolyne getting chumped kinda hurts the ending, but I liked to see that the Joestars aren't fated to win every single showdown.

It's nice to see that the reset universe Jojos are possibly free of the curse of being shonen protagonists.

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jul 31, 2015

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

All these lists and F.F. not a single one smdh

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

1. Rohan
2. F.F.
3. Gyro
4. Jolyne
5. Gappy

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I wonder if this all started because Kira tried to steal a hand off of what he thought was a statue.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Normie Slayer posted:

I am glad we are up to five versions of Dio in EoH

I remember joking about this when ASB was coming out and here we are with five actual Dios.

I hope they create an original Jotaro to counter their original DIO, maybe with Star Platinum Requim.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

drat that's some body horror poo poo

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

he's going where he belongs

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

At least he should have a more fleshed out moveset in EoH. He was basically the slip n slide guy in ASB.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

It can't be worse than J Stars Victory, where there's a long powering up animation that happens twice per round. Then after activating it you can spam your long cinematic super attack a few times in a row.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

I was bothered by the noses at first, but the more I looked at it, the more I actually came to like it, so maybe it's just something to get used to.

I'm assuming it'll look better in motion.

I wonder if they have a similar budget to SC or if they have to get creative with less like they did with the first two parts.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Gonna laugh so hard when people complain about them changing Giorno's personality

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Eyes Over Heaven has the retcon powers that people were expecting the Jojolion antagonist to have. Now Araki's gotta come up with something even more ridiculous :v:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Outside of the whole stealing thing, Koichi seems pretty normal

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

drat, the real Josefumi is chill as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Wild Horses posted:

Mountain Tim is, however, a giant creeper and I never liked him.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. It's almost the same poo poo as Joshuu, but Joshuu is supposed to a Nice Guy.