Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
I was born the day before Echoes evolved into Echoes Act 2, so uh. Glad to know I helped Koichi be less kidnapped.

Also I just recently got caught up on Part 8 and holy poo poo this might be the highest-stakes fight so far, pretty much everyone's involved and I hope everyone's going to be okay :ohdear:

Well, except for Joshuu. He can stay in the sewer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Waffleman_ posted:

The anime watchers are gonna be heartbroken when Joseph is introduced. :smith:

I know I kinda was when he was introduced, but then he got to be cool later, so it was okay. :unsmith:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Roach Warehouse posted:

Forgive me if I'm misinterpreting you here, but I never got the argument that Star Platinum being fast and precise was indicative of, thematically related to, or foreshadowing its ability to stop time.

The World doesn't move really fast in stopped time, he freezes the world around him. Kakyoin's whole net is destroyed simultaneously for everyone but DIO.

Being able to stop time for 10 seconds is basically just being able to move faster than time for about ten "seconds" relative to you, is how most people get to that conclusion.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Well, since you heal if you get outside Vitamin C's range, it looks like Joshuu will be fine after all :smith:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Josuke Higashikata posted:

That would be awesome

I do like how this chapter, at least to me, further solidifies that Josuke isn't either of the two halves with a bit of the other, he's just new. I want it to end with him being happy with the new him rather than chasing the old so it's good.

Yeah, going along with that it's a little bit like he's trying to find out about his "parents" now, instead of who "he" is. Josuke doesn't really have a past, he was "born" when Josefumi and Kira fused.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Condiv posted:

yeah, back home everyone calls it pair-iss, not pah-rii

Though to be fair, there's a ton of poo poo like that in almost every language. "Japan" in Japanese is Nippon or Nihon, yet somehow it's Japan in English, Japón in Spanish, Ilbon in Korean, Riben in Mandarin Chinese, etc. At least the last one has the excuse of it being the way you'd read the characters in Chinese, but yeah. I've always wondered how that happens.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
People in the anime thread talking about how cool Echoes Act 2 is reminded me that I'm always really disappointed with Echoes Act 3. The stand goes from sound effects to sound effects that create REAL effects, to...making things really heavy. The first time the stand shouts "ACT THREE, FREEZE!" I thought it'd be like a weird "make a rhyme, then poo poo happens" thing, but THREE FREEZE is only thing it ever does, so I always found it really weird how Act 3's power has pretty much nothing to do with sound anymore, especially after how creative Koichi could be with Act 1 and 2.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Rohan Kishibe posted:

It's so odd to me that they don't know what mozzarella is, do they not have pizza in Japan? What a hellish existence.

I think it's more that cheese is a pretty Western thing, so they know less about giant hunks of mozzarella, but they know what cheese and pizza are.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

FirstAidKite posted:

So is trussardi italian for trendy or were they trying to avoid getting sued again?

The second thing, Trussiardi is an Italian fashion brand iirc.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Corn isn't an issue for me, it sounds like it'd do fine with Pizza, however the use of mayonnaise is disgusting and should be a federal crime.

So with the second OP coming should we assume that it'll feature Rohan and start in his episode(s)?

If it helps at all (it probably doesn't) Japanese mayo is pretty different from Western mayo, it's a lot sweeter.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Welp, pack it up everyone we've reached the peak of humanity. It's all downhill from here.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Akinator couldn't guess Risotto Nero, I even gave him multiple tries! A shame.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Josuke and The Josuke Formerly Known as Josefumi And Also Kira I Guess???

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Butt Ox posted:

I really still don't understand the rules of Milagro Man.

Also, I still don't like Joshu, but drat if I don't love the design of his Quickman-rear end stand.

:same:

Though I think it's just you get rid of the curse if someone else takes the money from you. I don't know why the guy at the end kept saying you have to burn it, because Joshu just tricked him into taking the money and he was immediately freed from the curse, while giving it back to that guy.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

Things about using FAE for a Jojo game

Dang, this sounds awesome! I had always heard FATE was good for anime tabletop RPGs, and I guess now I know why. I've started gm-ing a DBZ game with a few friends based on apocalypse world, and I've been itching to try something with Jojos, but I'd need more friends familiar with the series. Or maybe there'll just be a lot of Speedwagons/Koichis for the first few sessions :v:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Exercu posted:

Holly Kujo, born Joestar

Yeah, pretty sure she'd just be "Holly Joestar Kujo"

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Race Realists posted:

wait so they never explain how the dude knows what kira looks like? are you loving kidding me?

The trap just shows you something you want to see, Yuya doesn't know what images it makes, iirc.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
In case anyone else isn't sure how hilarious the Disney songs are because they don't understand Japanese all that well, or just don't immediately recognize the songs--the songs they're parodying are:

Hero Side
1: Just Can't Wait to be King from Lion King
2: You've Got a Friend in Me from Toy Story
3: Friend Like Me from Aladdin
4: Hakuna Matata from Lion King
5: Go The Distance from Hercules
6: When Will My Life Begin from Tangled
7: Zip-a-dee-doo-dah from Song of the South
Last: That's How You Know from Enchanted

Villain Side
1: Gaston from Beauty and the Beast
2: Oogie Boogie's Song from Nightmare Before Christmas
3: Prince Ali from Aladdin
4: Poor Unfortunate Souls from Little Mermaid
5a: Be Prepared from Lion King
5b: The Mob Song from Beauty and the Beast
6: Hellfire from Hunchback of Notre Dame
7: This Is Halloween from Nightmare Before Christmas :lol:
Last: It's Our House Now from House of Mouse

Aaand I just realized there's a credits sequence where they list the songs :eng99: so much for my effortpost.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
I couldn't not name my Alolan Dugtrio "Valentine" after seeing this image so many times:

And I wanted to name my Tsareena (heel stomping mangosteen) after Hato's stand, and then found out that it doesn't have a name yet :(

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Moltrey posted:

The chapter and volume in which Hato's Stand appears are both called Walking Heart ( which is probably a reference to the song I'm Gonna Let My Heart Do The Walking) so that's probably it's name???

I was gonna do the same, but I did the trade Bountasweet and didn't wanna waste time breeding another

Oh yeah, that sounds familiar, but I thought all the Higashikata stands had King somewhere in the name depending on which generation they were?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I named my Mismagius Reimi because it's a really cute ghost girl

I caught a female Gastly first and named it Reimi, then caught a Misdreavus and named it Zelda because I refuse to re-use nicknames.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Willsun posted:

Also why does Araki have to kill dogs in every part. :( Was there a dog death in Battle Tendency? I know part 1 had Danny, part 3 has Iggy and the ones Pet Shop killed, and now there's Arnold in part 4.

Araki loves animals/dogs, and frequently uses someone killing a dog to show "this guy must be an rear end in a top hat because he's killing a doggy"

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
With the power of my stand, 「BRAIN POWER」, I can feel an endless rush of 「ADRENALINE」 and go into 「OVERDRIVE」to finally defeat the Joestars!

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm actually in a Jojo tabletop game and my character's Stand is [Sapphire Bullets of Pure Love], a pen that can control any ink.

Not to derail the thread, but mind sharing what kind of system you guys are using?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Hey, it's lower-speed Highway Star. Including Josuke calling Hirose for help! :v:

I keep forgetting that's her last name!

She's clearly the better Hirose :colbert:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Dang, I thought the chapter would've been good enough with just that backstory bit in the beginning, but then it kept going and :stare:

It's getting so good!

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

EmmyOk posted:

Two really interesting chapters! Chariot Requiem's ability seems insanely powerful though I guess Bites the Dust was too. All of the second arrow Stands are just absurdly strong. I guess Diavolo could easily take the arrow back using King Crimson but he's in Buccelatti's body so he's basically completely hosed.

Silver Chariot Requiem isn't exactly the same as when Kira got BTD. Back then, Kira was hit by the arrow when he was incredibly stressed out, which gave him a new ability. Silver Chariot Reqiuem happened because Silver Chariot was stabbed with the arrow, which made it sortof sentient apart from Polnareff and gave it that weird bodyswapping ability? Requiem stands are weird. It's basically "what if you tried to give a stand a stand?"

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Jojolion is actually just Ghost Trick, (Ghost Trick spoilers if you haven't played it yet) Josuke has been a dog this whole time.

Xad fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Oct 20, 2017

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Sorry, editted spoiler tags into my post. I thought the game's old enough that anyone who wanted to play it would have by now.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Moltrey posted:

ghost trick is Shu Takumi's magnum opus and it caused all the energy to leave his body and that's why the ace attorney games are lame now

This explains everything

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
WE HOLD THESE TRUTHS TO BE SELF-EVIDENT: THAT ALL DIOS ARE CREATED EQUAL

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I've been slowly reading and catching up with JJBA for the better part of a year and just recently finished Stone Ocean, which I'm told is essentially the end of this universe/storyline before it basically starts from square one with Steel Ball Run (which I have heard good things about).

Part 6 was easily my favorite part and Jolyne was my favorite Jojo, but I felt really, really let down by that ending. It seemed to me that Dio ultimately won and Jolyne just essentially acted as fodder to the big bad guy who got what he wanted with the weirdest side character inflicted comeuppance to cap it off. The ending scene felt incredibly out of place and unsatisfying as a conclusion to the universe and Jolyne's character arc. I felt like every Jojo prior to her was done graciously and her defining moment was not instantly dying to Pucci. A real letdown for the character I found most interesting of any of the Jojos.

I'm mostly just coming here to decompress because I'm not sure how up for it I am to just let all of this fall away and start on something new with how part 6 ended. Is there some insight into the story that went over my head here? I was happy with the endings of every other part and it just seemed like such a, well, I suppose bizarre ending to it all. But not in the usually interesting Jojo way.

I'm sure someone else can explain it better, but basically the end of part 6 has them creating a universe/timeline where the Joestars aren't cursed and hosed up by Dio forever, so it's kind of a win, even though they're not the same people per se.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
I just want another jojo fighter like the SDC one except with more characters.

But modern capcom won't do it justice so maybe ArcSys

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
I was born the day before Echoes evolved into Act 2, so I was born while he was still stuck at Yukako's torture house :v:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

This sounds so fake but I want it to be real :allears:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Hell yeah, poo poo is ON now

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
This is one Jojo-rear end fight

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Drink Top posted:

His power is similar to Jolyne's and she managed to keep herself alive in a bunch of creative ways so I think that he'll at least survive. I don't think there's any healers in part 8, so he might have permanent damage though. What I'm wondering is if the emergency crew are also rock humans.

I swear if they show up and it's like a fight club thing where everyone is sided with the villain...that would be pretty cool

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Yeah, I watched it on a plane recently and it was pretty cool, the live action stands looked pretty neat imo

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Johnny Joestar posted:

i wonder if we'll get a chance to see the episode premiere if we're not at any of those events

surely someone will record it and put it up somewhere, right?

right? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Joshu being completely ignored by his family and not noticing is the best