Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I got my friends into Jojo by telling them about the Death XIII fight and how a grown man makes a baby eat poop.

EDIT: its great because they are going into DIU blind and the reactions to last week's ending were wild. They were so hyped about the Angelo's hand and it killed me to stay quiet about the rest of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Easy mode but my favourite part of DIU is when Okuyasu's guts fly out because he ate some really good food.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Anything that isn't <Main Jojo> punching <Main Villain> is filler.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

You're right, I forgot the most important one

I need this one.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Part 6 has to be the worst part for me simply because of the awful ending. I've posted about it before in this thread but holy poo poo it's a bunch of wild poo poo that does not feel natural and everyone dies and some kid saves the day.

I'd seriously have a lot less issues if the deaths of the entire main cast held a little more weight and maybe if Joylene was the one who beat Pucci even if she still died in the end and the reset happened.

I did, however, like Pucci as a villain and the lingering effects of DIO as a plot device. Pucci's backstory and origin with the KKK and Weather Report were really dumb, but how he interacted and worshipped DIO fit well in my mind. It's really the end game of DIO's influence on people.

Also WRT the anime thread:

Skull Servant fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Apr 17, 2016

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

DIO did nothing wrong. He just wanted to hang out with his priest friends in Egypt and go to heaven.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I believe it was supposed to be a world where DIO was able to learn from his mistakes with the Joestars and win against Jonathan, et al? Or am I mixing that up with Ticket To Ride?

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Sending fleshbud Kakyoin out to Japan to murder Jotaro was just a little oopsy-doodle on his part

There never was a fleshbud, that was just Kakyoin trying to take Jotaro out of the picture so he could do some mom-bangin'

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

It really is. Pure perfection.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

if things are pre-destined to occur then king crimson shouldn't work

Did it, though?

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Yukako would probably kill for Koichi and I doubt Tonio appreciates the murder of his best customers.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Jotaro when Kakyoin died also.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

SBR... is good.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I really didn't like Worse Company because I felt as if they could have done something funnier.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Dias posted:

Something Awful Forums.

We are the worst company

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Why can't he be spending time with any of his other friends, none of them have ever tried to hurt him

Your namesake nearly beheaded him with a gate.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

The only person in Morioh who hasn't tried to kill Koichi is the perfect soul Tony.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Please don't leak my Tonio/Koichi fic i'm working on tia

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

My favorite "What the gently caress is Gold Experience" moment is when Giorno conjurs up a snake that happens to be immune to Purple Haze's overkill virus.

Like, is there a snake in the world actually immune to insta-death clouds, or did Giorno just think it up and GE delivered?

Didn't he use a part of the poison or the shards from the vial to make the snake? That part never made me question GE.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

What is ORT?

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Your way works too posted:

Whole lot of hate for Dragons Dream around these parts even though it's actually good.

Agreed

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

To be fair, the gangstars killed off several traitors in their attempt to deliver Trish. It is weird to think that so far, all the fights have been between two factions who want the same thing - to find out the Boss's name and topple him.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

somepartsareme posted:

La Squad wanted to find the boss's identity so they could take over the gang and expand the drug trade though, iirc

I don't recall anything about expanding the drug trade, I thought it was just an internal power struggle. I doubt they would have stopped the drug trade if they were successful, though.

My point was more that the two groups had the same objective - remove the boss - even if they disagree with how the Mafia would work in a post-Diavolo environment.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Ive been watching JoJo with a group of friends who are anime-onlys and it's wild seeing their reactions to stuff. They know some stuff like Part 6 has Joylene and Part 7 is a universe reset and cowboys.

Personally, I haven't heard any complaints about Part 5 yet. They love Mista and Bruno and one of my friends sincerely believes that The Boss is DIO. There has been no confusion over KC at all, even.

I'm more loose with "spoilers" stuff. I told them to ignore the slow-mo punch after episode 2 because it never shows up again and I also said that Fugo never shows up again (because I was asked). My policy is that I don't want their expectations to get sky high over stuff that never happens but be silent on anything else.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

That, or the ribcage made him buff. Both are plausible explanations.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Fat Valentine had a sub stand called Extra Cushion which added a small layer of fat to his feet, allowing him to walk without a sound.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I forget, but is it clear of the Doppio/Diavolo split at this point? If not there will be a bit of a reveal still.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

The fortuneteller says that Doppio has a second/split soul, his eyes turn into the triangle pupils that Diavolo's are, which were featured in last week's ep, and he might even actually summon King Crimson.

it's like, widly obvious in the manga

Christ I forgot it was that obvious!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

it comes out Thursday 16 over in the UK so if no one's posted about it from the US then, i'll try to remember to.

The Forbidden Planet in Dublin broke that date then because I saw it for sale last Sunday.