Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I like a jojo's bizarre ad venture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

Alternatively, you could get stuck with Cheap Trick.

Superfly is the worst stand in the series hands down. There is no stand worse to have than superfly. At least cheap trick and notorious BIG provide the sweet release of death, while superfly traps you within it forever and is only useful if someone comes to fight you there.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The Lord of Hats posted:

You can kill yourself with Superfly, you just have to leave.

I thought you were still alive, just as a piece of the tower

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I liked that he had to cut back on the healing powers in part 7 so that they could get their wounds healed up but couldn't fix major stuff like Johnny's legs

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Who Shot Johnny Joestar

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

Who didn't shoot Johnny Joestar.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Diego was still a dio, and as speedwagon will have you all know, dio was born pure evil. He can smell it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Bring back roundabout for crossing the street

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ManlyGrunting posted:

and I can't think of a English equivalent off the top of my head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSrTnWDTdwI

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Begemot posted:

But the only trivia about Fugo on the wiki that has any citation is "According to Araki, Fugo actually wears a thong." so....

Daaaaamn

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Remember that time giorno showed how cool he was by drinking abbacchio's piss

Good times

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

There's a lot of piss and poo poo in jojo, when you think about it.

he's not even the first character to drink piss.

He's the first person to try to look cool doing it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Anybody know what font the people used for the old battle tendency scans is?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I can't tell if people are trying to purposefully spoil star platinum being able to stop time in the anime thread or if they're legit just jumping through hoops and coming to that conclusion naturally

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The falcoon jojo art is good

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Araki posted:

I'm really into "Complete Illustrated Guide to _____" - Style Books, so whenever they release one (Whether it's a picture book of dinosaurs or a dictionary of movie stars), I buy it immediately.
I just get drawn into the little details, like hometowns, birthdates, favorite foods... and I end up reading them over and over.
Lately, the two I've been enjoying the most are "The Complete Supermodel Catalog" and "Cats of the World". They're just both so graceful!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wanna send araki a fan letter letting him know that I like a jojo's bizarre adventure

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Epitaph has a funny face

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvsqY8ktHpE

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Mikitaka isn't an alien because he's actually kars

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The only bit in part 4 I can honestly say I wasn't a fan of was the yukako/cinderella chapter. It's important for setting up that there's a person in morioh with the power to make people look different so that Kira can visit it later after sheer heart attack, and the cinderella power is cool, but I just don't like yukako and the manga suddenly acting like koichi and yukako should be together after yukako kidnapped and tortured him was just weird.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I liked how jonathan's death was preceded by him spilling a glass of wine

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

David D. Davidson posted:

Also if Holly ever asked her father how he and her mother met he would have to recount the entirety of Battle Tendency. Koichi got off kind of easy if you think about it that way.

????????

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

Also, here's Rohan showing the proper way to perform a spirit bomb.

Not the weirdest thing rohan has done. I wonder how many people he killed in between going psychotic post-louvre and pre-josuke-face-punch

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Or this

Now I'm just thinking about how throughout that entire story how obvious it was that Araki wanted people to know how much he enjoyed the film Paul

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'd dig a part 9 wrestling jojo but only if it's a luchador.

Jose Vallejo's Bizarre Adventure

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

hoobajoo posted:

Stand by REM and All Star are both amazing choices that fit the era and themes of DIU perfectly.

Shiny Happy People, by REM

God's Gonna Cut You Down by johnny cash for part 6 tho

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Whatever they do, I hope they do something special for the ep where Fatty bites it because that's kind of a turnaround in the series towards "let's focus on getting this rear end in a top hat" and I dunno how well whatever song they choose would go with that fight's ending.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Fatty gets killed, Josuke sees a bit of harvest disintegrating and screams out Shigechi's name

SOMEBODY ONCE TOLD ME THE WORLD WAS GONNA ROLL ME I AIN'T THE SHARPEST TOOL IN THE SHED

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
That article about the real life guy named koichi hirose who got caught stealing tons of schoolgirl uniforms

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Remember that time kakyoin died and became a genderless female angel and came down from heaven to get gay married to gay jotaro

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
CLAMP remembers

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I hope they keep the al yankovic namedrop so weird al will suddenly get a flood of tweets showing him clips of joseph joestar saying "al yankovic"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Best Girl posted:

DIO just scared the poo poo out of me.

lmao that owns but that dio's face is still doofy as hell

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It's good

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

You'r'e all missing the point as the capcom game had no trouble making the road roller explode.

shut up stairmaster I'm gonna road roller this loving post

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jun 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
If people dont like part 4, then oh well, they are entitled to their opinion, but I will continue to enjoy jojo and it is their loss imo

I tried showing introducing a person to jojo once and they were like "this is too bizarre for me, it's just too weird, I don't like it" and tried suggesting sword art online and strawberry panic and some other anime called "holy knight" about a vampire hunter and a vampire who fall in love or something and how she liked that show for having the best anime vampires ever

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jun 20, 2015