Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
It’s always kinda come off to me like Araki gives the characters ages in the teens so that they’ll be popular with teenagers, but then continues writing them as thought they were adults. Which...doesn't really work that well lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Night Goat posted:

God that was a great chapter wasn't it?

Typical creepy Joshu getting up to his old tricks and holy hell that page turn!

We already knew Tsurugi was a cold motherfucker with the whole 'disguising a bus to kill a man' thing but drat there's some hosed up poo poo going on with him now. Also i'm pretty sure someone from this thread earlier called the whole the Norisuke thing. He's just badly injured right? :(

He's definitely fuckin dead, he's in a goddamn body bag.

I'm surprised Tsurugi is becoming such a villainous character. And we MAYBE have a chance to find out who the blond guy is! Maybe! Of course, I'm sure the ex boyfriend will wind up being the chief physician or whatever.

Also, have we heard anything about the wall eyes in a while?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
New trailer for the JoJo game makes it look... Not bad????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMt7a9kuPjM

Re: Soundman, I think he definitely is set up properly, but I think people feel like he gets little payoff because he has a somewhat minor role in the overarching plot. He doesn't have much to do with the central plot like Hot Pants, Diego, Mountain Tim, or Wekapipo all do. His story also doesn't directly mirror or contrast with Johnny's story or character arc. He helps Johnny reach Act 2, then he kinda vanishes. His impact on the story isn't much more than that of the other villains of the week that force Johnny to go through emotional growth, but he gets much more build-up, so it feels a bit weird. But maybe I just haven't reread it recently enough.

CodfishCartographer fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jan 26, 2019

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Where the gently caress is Pesci

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Dragonwagon posted:

Calling it now: the OP is going to skip ahead whenever Diavolo would appear in it until he is fully revealed in the story.

My theory is next week will start with Fighting Gold, but then King Crimson will skip ahead to the next OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Bruno's undeath isn't ever directly explained in the manga, if I remember right. That being said, there are a few popular theories:

1) Gionro gave him life, binding his soul to his corpse.
2) King Crimson erased the actual moment where he died, leaving him in a state of being both not dead and not alive.
3) Rolling Stone predicted he would die a different way, thus binding Bruno to that death. When King Crimson tried to kill Bruno, his soul kept hanging on because fate had been determined he would die a different way.
4) 『RESOLVE 』
5) He just, like, didn't die for some reason.

I kinda like the last one myself. Feels very JoJo.

CodfishCartographer fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Feb 23, 2019