Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i have heard there are 8 parts to this series. i have to ask, which of these parts should i read first? part 5 sounds likely given the name, but i just wanted to ask to make sure...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Aurain posted:

Sailor Moon.

this doesn't have as many buff men in it :(

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

your description of steel ball run is very rude to johnny

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i come back from work and you are all rude to johnny joestar, a jojo so cool that he will straight-up kill a man for gyro

also i'd only recommend watching the ova after watching the anime because it's chopped up all to poo poo

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

can't really go much deeper than 'the jojo wakes up naked in the ground and has amnesia' without spoiling the plot, so what's there now is probably just as fitting

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Senor Candle posted:

Why did Josuke's mom freeze his bank accounts after he won and start charging him for meals? Since she froze his account he can't get at the money so how is he supposed to pay for food?

i'm pretty sure she would have been able to access it due to being his mom and all and with him being a minor but overall it's probably just meant as a joke, as meat wife said

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

all SBR does is reel them back in compared to the previous arcs. even D4C is a pretty simple concept despite being entirely off the wall

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it being a stranger fits in with the idea that morioh is filled with people who are generally fairly kind when it counts, an idea which carries throughout the arc itself and helps point out why kira is so gross and unnatural in the setting. i'm sure some people would absolutely love it to be some dumb time poo poo going on but i honestly prefer it the way it is now.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it would have been interesting to see what diego brando would get up to if he'd lived. i feel like he might not have held any real ill will towards johnny.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there's no way in hell they'd be able to hold it off that long. there may be 4 episodes for it all, but there's a good amount left to get through.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if they don't bring back roundabout at least once then i'll be mildly disappointed. i'm not one to cling to poo poo past when it's needed, but if there's any time to use it it'd be during DIO.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

arc 6 is when dio achieves the level of super saiyan god

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

standard owl posted:

And because it would make Giorno too much of a stone cold killer?

isn't giorno supposed to be one of the most morally ambiguous jojos anyways. well, when translated well.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think jotaro comments at some point that it's difficult for him to keep it up as much as he could before due to getting older and probably more fatigued in general from fighting

something like that, at least

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

FirstAidKite posted:

I can't tell if people are trying to purposefully spoil star platinum being able to stop time in the anime thread or if they're legit just jumping through hoops and coming to that conclusion naturally

to be fair, it was pretty heavy-handed about the whole 'OUR STANDS ARE SIMILAR EXCEPT MINE IS COOLER AND PRETTIER, JOTARO' thing

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

peepin that straight-up reference to part 5 in the anime thread :yikes:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i just kinda figured people would get the idea that over time dio PROBABLY had sex with some people based on aurain's post, which isn't exactly a huge leap in thinking to make.

and then, you know, actual direct link to the fact that one of dio's kids is an important character

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Bad Seafood posted:

Josuke didn't need to go back in time and Part 4 is better for it.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

"Hairy Situation: Love Deluxe is bound to Yukako's hair, allowing it to grow to various lengths and move with considerable strength and dexterity. It can hold and capture objects and people with incredible speed and precision."

Destructive Power: B
Speed: B
Range: C
Durability: A
Precision: E
Developmental Potential: B

Stand stats. :v:

obviously it works like developmental potential where the lower the ranking the more the user has mastered it

obviously

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

jesus being buried there definitely will come into play, i'm sure of it. also i'm still invested in the whole 'king + queen = prince' theory for gappy's other half.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

http://cash4bees.tumblr.com/post/121892829962

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

no part 4 teaser?

gg no re

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Maybe Some People Haven't Watched The Episode Yet. Makes You Think.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i can't wait for the ultimate fight in the part 4 anime between insane quartz and catboom meow meow

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's easy to counter aqua necklace, just swallow a glove. obviously.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i wonder how the anime people will take to josuke given that they have hard a hard-on for joseph

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i will fight them

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm interested in knowing how secchan got to know nu-kars

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yukako comparison confirmed

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

once again, considering how the anime people (person?) are being all weird about joseph, i have to genuinely wonder what their reaction to arc 4 will be given the whole josuke thing and also old(er) joseph. even with grandpa joseph doing his cool thing i'm sure people will still be complaining he's not swinging around like goddamn spiderman with hermit purple even though he's earned the title of literally the longest-living joestar.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if not arc 4 then vento aureo will cull the weak ones in terms of character designs

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

arc 4 is where the series hits Pure Jojo's and if an anime person can't handle that then they're probably not going to enjoy any of the rest of the series. i can already imagine some will complain that there's less outrageously muscled dudes later on even though that in the first place was only a product of the time when the series was made, so who knows.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yukako got shunted off pretty quickly after she stopped being relevant, which is shameful. :(

at least a remix of her is in jojolion.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Diamond Experience

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i already have a theory about gappy's other half based on the picture of him and what information we have on how kira and his stand are in the jojolion universe, but i guess i'll wait until the translations come out to post it. it's some minor poo poo but it has to do with who all gappy's other half might be a combo of.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah, i don't think that even a good translation will magically make him more interesting. his stand and dual-personality thing are neat but other than that i never gave a poo poo about him, which doesn't bode well given that other antagonists manage to be interesting along with having cool stands.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i forgot how it takes time for okuyasu to become the doof we all know and love, because on this reread i've been reminded how...weird he looks when first introduced. even though it's his first incarnation he almost looks like a weird knockoff.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

people joke about the whole 'araki sameface' thing but i honestly hugely prefer that to whatever the gently caress okuyasu and angelo and whoever have going on in the beginning of arc 4.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i guess there's worse things to spoil, honestly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's funny, i just now realized that for all intents and purposes the anime thread is basically worthless now other than being a platform to go 'please read the series'