Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

wow, your watch looks like poo poo

it's going to look even worse when i'm done with it

your face, that is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

josuke gets pissed because in his head people are insulting his hero, a really cool dude who literally saved his life at no reward whatsoever.

Johnny Joestar fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jun 24, 2015

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

giorno really is his father's son

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there are definitely times when the term 'body horror' applies in later parts

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

:)

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i mean, i would rather drink 2% piss than whole piss. my taste in milk also mirrors this.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

nothing says we're gonna wait a year, anyways. could happen sooner for all we know, at least as far as just the confirmation goes. not like it'd make the anime arrive any faster, but It'll Happen Eventually for better or worse.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

araki is a stand. why do you think he doesn't age.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

arc 4 is when he fully settles into what the series is all about, and from there it's just building on that. stardust crusaders still has issues in regards to araki figuring out what he's doing but when it finally clicks it's great.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

i already have a theory about gappy's other half based on the picture of him and what information we have on how kira and his stand are in the jojolion universe, but i guess i'll wait until the translations come out to post it. it's some minor poo poo but it has to do with who all gappy's other half might be a combo of.

okay i said i'd do this and i'm gonna put it under a spoiler i guess since it's dumb nerd poo poo

i pretty much worked backwards on this using the info given about kira. since he's pretty much a combo of, you know, kira and...jotaro or whatever i figured that gappy's other half has a good chance of being a combo if they're someone we already sorta technically kinda know. which they are, given that josefumi is basically a 'new' version of josuke if the looks are anything to go by. josefumi's looks are sorta what tipped me off to begin with, and then i thought back to how new kira was implemented. his stand was still killer queen, but it made like exploding bubbles or some poo poo, so it's been established that stands are most likely a combination of various stands from arc 4. gappy's stand is also a combination of killer queen's bubble poo poo and something from josefumi's stand that lets it remove 'things' from stuff. at least, i'm assuming this, because him sharing the bubble thing with kira was pretty obvious and it stands to reason that gappy's stand is literally just a hosed-up mishmash of the stands of his two halves just like he's a hosed-up mishmash of them.

anyways, i was thinking as to what stand could do some 'removal' poo poo that was most likely in arc 4, and the answer was really goddamn obvious. okuyasu's hand is like 100% right on the money and i'm pretty loving confident that josefumi was sort of a mix of josuke and okuyasu. he probably still had crazy diamond (if killer queen is any clue) but chances are it did some weird poo poo like 'removing' stuff from things which isn't too far of a stretch when you consider crazy diamond, i guess. like i said, josefumi's looks also kinda made me think this, because to me he kinda looks like he has a combo of okuyasu's and josuke's hair and i guess something about his posture made me think of okuyasu. honestly this is all some minor theory poo poo but it's fun to consider that gappy is like a big, weird combo of jotaro/kira/josuke/okuyasu.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

karera's stand looks cool. also i guess it's basically confirmed that she's a Rock Person.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

MAYBE you're right. i just think it'd be cool if she was a Rock Person.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

for some reason my first thought was 'why did he skin king crimson and turn it into a shirt'

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the work of an enemy stand

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

and who says that the population of latin america and europe can't be the work of an enemy stand?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

considering that arc 7 and 8 seem to have a theme of lumping previous jojos together i'm kinda hoping that a theoretical arc 9 has a remix of jolyne in it. maybe with elements of giorno in some way, minus the obvious dio influence.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

rip anime thread. arc 4 reading thread would be neat, though

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

familial bonds are super tight in the jojo's universe so when pucci absorbs the power of dio and gets the birthmark, weather report does as well. it can probably be explained in the same way as how the members of the family can sense each other's presence.

e: i guess i'll spoiler this

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

spoiler-tagging plot poo poo for a bit would be good, i suppose, but since this is the 'general' thread it would be nice if that wasn't the norm for too long. an arc 4 reading thread would definitely be the best place for anime people who probably shouldn't be subjected to discussion of how king crimson works yet.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

WickedHate posted:

Nope. Tonio and a few others were never hit by the stand. So many stand users are in the same town because it's explained that stand users are naturally drawn to each other.

yeah, an interesting thing about tonio is that he was basically so good at doing something he really enjoyed that he basically developed a stand built entirely around it. it ties in a lot with the whole 'potential' thing, especially if you think of the arrow as just something that jumpstarts the process.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the only good jotaro fanart is of him when he's older and he has the build of a dad and it depicts him doing dad-like things

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

unless josuke somehow magically got hit by an ambulance as well there's literally no reason why he would be dead given that he's goddamn 16 in diamond is unbreakable

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Prison Warden posted:

Caution: Bears

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

this gets said a lot but an 'unpopular' jojo's arc in japan is still fairly popular when compared to other series. it's well-liked.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if jolyne hadn't at least broken romeo's nose or some poo poo i'd be wondering why, because none of the joestars after johnathan are even remotely saints and it would be super weird if she didn't want at least a tiny bit of revenge on a dude who, ultimately, still had a hand in sending her to prison.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

jojolion is good and it's basically a remix of arc 4 with the production values of steel ball run. we don't even know the main antag yet (maybe???) but so far i have a hard time believing it won't be amazing all the way throughout.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

johnny has the early jojos on lockdown, so gappy has more to do with the next couple than anything. if/when there's another arc after jojolion i'm expecting arcs 5 and 6 to come into play, which would honestly be a good stopping point given how stone ocean was the 'end' of the previous run of things.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the artstyle looks weird when used the way it is in eyes of heaven. someone just get platinum to make a jojo's game already

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

we're gonna find out that the main antagonist gappy must defeat is his attachment to his previous lives, thus freeing him to forge his own destiny as the gap-toothed weirdo with 4 nads that he is

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

'your dog is the same breed of dog in this japanese series i like'

'what'

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

did i miss when joubin's stand was named because i don't remember it being named

e: nevermind, missed that it was stated in other stuff

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

apparently the stand's range is a maximum of 10 centimeters

what the almighty gently caress can that stand entirely do

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

nothing's confirmed yet but things definitely are pointing towards SPEED KING being a main antagonist stand. most of what's missing is a motive for joubin to be actively hostile.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i want to like it but i violently break out in hives if i try to play a jrpg, so that's probably more of a personal issue

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Sir Ilpalazzo posted:

I'm not so sure on that last bit. Unless I'm forgetting or have overlooked something, it feels more likely to me that Jobin was just dealing with the rockmen crime syndicate (to save his son). Is there reason to believe Jobin is the boss aside from his stand being potentially really powerful?

yeah, i'm personally having a hard time believing that joubin is involved with the rock people for any reason other than trying to save his kid. if i remember correctly, the one-sided 'conversation' the rock dude with the tornado stand had with him sounded kinda off and like joubin would be in a lovely situation if something went south as the rock guy was straight-up ready to start telling him to kill his kid, which suggests that the rock people don't know joubin's real motives.

then again we don't have everything to go off of. i just don't see a motive yet for joubin to be the antagonist.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i feel like he's gonna come into play later and have to make a difficult choice, but it'll be siding with the 'good' crew eventually. i mean, yeah, he's kinda been sinister as gently caress so far, but the whole goddamn family is eccentric as gently caress and i'm certain he's mixed up in this to save tsurugi.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

whether or not you like stone ocean, a thing everyone can agree on is that you have steel ball run and jojolion to look forward to and that's never a bad thing

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

steel ball run is about friendship and faith

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think i err on the side of liking arc 6's ending mostly because i kinda saw it as something that would happen eventually. the series starts out with falling into a lot of themes that we all know and recognize in other shows today, but over time araki started to break away more and more. it was only a matter of time before the major plot point was that someone had a stand whose quirky power was absolutely deadly for everyone involved and something bittersweet would happen. hell, even arc 7 has the whole thing with gyro and the deal that valentine tries to strike with johnny. if anything, stone ocean probably came a little too early and might have done better if there'd been an arc between it and vento aureo, but i'm pretty sure that a 'stone ocean' of some sort was due at some point.

the joestar bloodline was fated to fight dio until their last, after all. now they're free. and what a ride it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm not sure what to think of kars sounding so generic

tbh